[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Anil k Solanki

Is anyone else getting "(process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." when trying to update via Market?

I am running N152.

Hi androrphin, I'm running N152 and the Market is working fine.

You could trying these;

1. Booting into recovery and fixing permissions.
  2. Flashing N152 again.
  3. Flashing Google apps again.

Have you flashed the new Market that's floating around?

Good luck. Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest Pelemane

Is anyone else getting "(process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." when trying to update via Market?

I am running N152.

Try wiping Markets data. You can do it with Titanium Backup or via Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>search market in there and choose "Clear Data"

Guest xondrax

After update to n151+ KANG doesn´t work DailyRoads Voyager a Meteor(weather radar) because missing shared .dll :( I had 122+,132+ and it worked perfectly.

Guest sej7278

After update to n151+ KANG doesn´t work DailyRoads Voyager a Meteor(weather radar) because missing shared .dll :( I had 122+,132+ and it worked perfectly.

given that android doesn't use dll's, i'd say you're trying to run the windows version.

Guest androrphin

Hi androrphin, I'm running N152 and the Market is working fine.

You could trying these;

1. Booting into recovery and fixing permissions.
  2. Flashing N152 again.
  3. Flashing Google apps again.

Have you flashed the new Market that's floating around?

Good luck. Anil.

Try wiping Markets data. You can do it with Titanium Backup or via Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>search market in there and choose "Clear Data"

Thanks for the responses peeps - I managed to get it working again using a combination of your ideas. Don't ask me how exactly though !

Guest Anil k Solanki

Thanks for the responses peeps - I managed to get it working again using a combination of your ideas. Don't ask me how exactly though !

I'm glad you've got it sorted. Anil.

Guest qwerty_29

Hi everyone!

I have been out for a week or so, so I kind of lost track of CM7 developments...

I have read the last few pages briefly, however if it is not too much hassle can please anyone tell me:

are there any significant improvements/downgrades in these recent nightlies?

do you recommend to try any of these recent nightlies?

Thanks! ;)

Guest k0zmic

do you recommend to try any of these recent nightlies?

Thanks! ;)

Yeah there have been quite a few CM changes including one for quicker boot times, try N152.

Guest Maxsas360

Long time no nightly. Maybe tonight there will be one? And kernel source for .35 should be released soon, because Orange Monte Carlo can be now bought at Orange somehow. CM7 is gonna be alot better than GSF. (Well for me it is even now)

Guest xondrax

given that android doesn't use dll's, i'd say you're trying to run the windows version.

My fault-it exactly write shared library not .dll.I was lazy to use google translate and used my brain :P

Guest Anil k Solanki

Do I need to wipe anything when upgrading from N150 to N152?

Just wipe the Dalvik cache and you should be good to go.

Have fun. Anil.

Guest wishmasterf

I am running N152.

I had that problem because my partition for /system was too small. Use "Terminal Emulator" to see if that partition is full:

1.) Start "Terminal Emulator"

2.) df /system

If Usage is more than 99% there is likely not enough space left.

Guest spaceguy

I had that problem because my partition for /system was too small. Use "Terminal Emulator" to see if that partition is full:

1.) Start "Terminal Emulator"

2.) df /system

If Usage is more than 99% there is likely not enough space left.

Hi wishmasterf

how did you get your system partition to increase a bit? how did you solve this problem?

Guest wishmasterf

Hi wishmasterf

how did you get your system partition to increase a bit? how did you solve this problem?

I used the gen1 to gen2 converter (Link) It incrases the partition to 160MB. I dont know if you can use it on a GEN2 Phone. Ask wbaw before use. On GEN1 it seams easy and safe.

Here is a thread about partitioning the phone (Link). I dont know if it is usable on GEN2. Ask about that wbaw.

The Partition /system should get 160MB when using nightly-zip and gapps-zip.

Guest ritterkeks

wow, this thread grows so fast..

regarding high data usage

thanks sej?* and anil,

but now it seems I have found the culprit: I didn't notice, but it seems there were quite a few changes regarding syncing in the last one or two updates of Pulse.

I changed the setting to "Save my data" and today it used almost no data.

So no news on pulse all the time - no problem.

If I don't take any photos, then google+ doesn't seem to be a huge data transmitter...

*oh right* and regarding my siganture fails (hasnt been modified for a long time..)

haven't tested the first one under CM yet.

my 16gb sdhc works now, partitioning for a2sd didnt, but after reformatting and copying everything back, flashing works.

adb now also works, my fault: the device ID one has to use for non-root usage under linux changed through the froyo update, so the how-to was sorta wrong on this...

Also, I lost my bluetooth headset, so I have no idea if it is any better with CM now. IMO this is a hardware thing, cheaper BT transmitter, cheaper device...

Edited by ritterkeks

Guest sm4tik

Hi wishmasterf

You can always delete some unneeded stuff like live wallpapers from /system/app. However, you should then do it each time before flashing just to be consistent. (I've stripped down my CM so now my /system with gapps is actually less than 100MB)

Guest spaceguy

I used the gen1 to gen2 converter (Link) It incrases the partition to 160MB. I dont know if you can use it on a GEN2 Phone. Ask wbaw before use. On GEN1 it seams easy and safe.

Here is a thread about partitioning the phone (Link). I dont know if it is usable on GEN2. Ask about that wbaw.

The Partition /system should get 160MB when using nightly-zip and gapps-zip.

okej thanks mate, i will search:)

You can always delete some unneeded stuff like live wallpapers from /system/app. However, you should then do it each time before flashing just to be consistent. (I've stripped down my CM so now my /system with gapps is actually less than 100MB)

yeah good ide, thanks for helping

Edited by spaceguy

Guest Kris Dee

I was on CM Green v5 (n98?) wich was perfect for me but now I desperately need USB Tethering.

Just tried n142+ but now SYGIC nav can't find signall.

Any other good nightlies?

Guest Anil k Solanki

*oh right* and regarding my siganture fails (hasnt been modified for a long time..)

haven't tested the first one under CM yet.

my 16gb sdhc works now, partitioning for a2sd didnt, but after reformatting and copying everything back, flashing works.

adb now also works, my fault: the device ID one has to use for non-root usage under linux changed through the froyo update, so the how-to was sorta wrong on this...

Hi ritterkeks, thanks for the update, I will bear the info in mind for the future. Also good to know you no longer have an issue with 16 GB SD cards. I use an Ext3 partition on my card for A2SD, using an app from the Marketplace called S2E, it works great.

Anil.

Guest Maxsas360

I get graphic glitches on games and my launcher. My launcher is Go Launcher EX. Nothing changed in Performance settings. Except OCed to 652mhz and governor is smarta**. On a game Inotia3 sometimes the dialog box is missing but the text is there. When I use Advanced Task Killer Pro it's back to normal. And these glitches appeared after a day of flashing a ROM. I did not do a full wipe when updating from N148 to N152. I wiped everything except sd-ext and data.