[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest appolus

without you doing some work to tell us what is going on there's no way it will get fixed.

have you tried static ip, or wep, or another router, or gingerstirfry?

there only seems to be one other person who has possibly the same problem, the rest of us can't reproduce it and there's nothing on the issue tracker. i'd say its a bug with your router not cm7.

if you read my post then u'll know that i already answerd ur questions.

I have tried GSF it works fine there. I cant try another router atm because i have only 1 at home. i tried wep same problem. cant try static ip only dynamic.

without you doing some work to tell us what is going on there's no way it will get fixed.

have you tried static ip, or wep, or another router, or gingerstirfry?

there only seems to be one other person who has possibly the same problem, the rest of us can't reproduce it and there's nothing on the issue tracker. i'd say its a bug with your router not cm7.

I'd guess he has a BT Homehub or similar. Hard to tell though as he wont give any information when he's reporting bugs, no chance of him using the issue tracker, or logcat, or telling you anything about it, it's just 'OMG YOUR ROM IS BROKEN YOU SUCK'.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Clitheroe1

Good grief! You would have thought that people would be grateful for all the time and hard work that others do in developing and sharing new ROMs and answering questions. I really am quite shocked by the attitude of some people.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I know if I say this, I will be hated forever on MoDaCo and especially by you guys, but I have to say it.

The amount of abuse and shite talk I've noticed on MoDaCo is unbelievable! MoDaCo Blade is my first and only regular place on MoDaCo. Never been on here before. I've always been on XDA for all my PDA needs. Although some people don't like XDA, I've had very pleasant experience there and seen not a single flame war. Out here in few months time I've seen 2 flame wars and a lot of abusing!

It's surprising especially when MoDaCo has waaaaay more admins and mods on the forums. Perhaps too liberal out here?

Anyway, back to the topic:

The dude with router issue probably doesn't have BT Homehub, because I've got one and it's fine for me irrespective of ROMs including CM7. Has anyone suggested him to restart his router once and see if he gets connectivity?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest sej7278

I know if I say this, I will be hated forever on MoDaCo and especially by you guys, but I have to say it.

The amount of abuse and shite talk I've noticed on MoDaCo is unbelievable! MoDaCo Blade is my first and only regular place on MoDaCo. Never been on here before. I've always been on XDA for all my PDA needs. Although some people don't like XDA, I've had very pleasant experience there and seen not a single flame war. Out here in few months time I've seen 2 flame wars and a lot of abusing!

It's surprising especially when MoDaCo has waaaaay more admins and mods on the forums. Perhaps too liberal out here?

Anyway, back to the topic:

The dude with router issue probably doesn't have BT Homehub, because I've got one and it's fine for me irrespective of ROMs including CM7. Has anyone suggested him to restart his router once and see if he gets connectivity?

he's got a belkin, but the homehub (one specific firmware) does have problems with dhcp in cm7, a similar known problem exists with belkins, which is why i asked him to try static ip, which apparently he can't do for some reason.

xda is horrid, too many forums with too many people posting in device-specific subforums about issues that are global to android. i've never really noticed the arseholes on there that it is famous for though, only a couple of "fix this now waaaaaaaaah" posts that we've had here recently.

if people aren't prepared to put in some work (logcats, testing etc.) or report bugs to official sites, then they're not going to get any help here either.

Guest Lew247

We do try and get to every report and take appropriate action, but we don't live here unfortunately, I myself usually only get on once or twice a day and sometimes there are loads of reports where we have to not only read the offending post but many many others in that thread to get the full story of it.

Please have patience we are doing out best, and appropriate action does get taken even if not publicly viewable.

Guest rockstarszzzz

We do try and get to every report and take appropriate action, but we don't live here unfortunately, I myself usually only get on once or twice a day and sometimes there are loads of reports where we have to not only read the offending post but many many others in that thread to get the full story of it.

Please have patience we are doing out best, and appropriate action does get taken even if not publicly viewable.

You guys are certainly doing a great job - no doubt, not blaming mods either!

As you said you dont live here! Plus it's not like you get £20/hour to moderate the forum ;)

I did see few suggestions elsewhere to have moderators who are on here all the time though. May be admins/mods could take into consideration something called 'sub-mods' or similar. Where in each device-specific forums you could have one or two people who are always there (based on post/usage stats on servers) as 'sub-mods' but with limited rights. So they can't ban people, they can't delete topics, but at least can moderate on daily basis, warn people etc. When they think it's gone over the top, they drop you guys a message and you could take immediate action rather than to have to go through all the posts. - Just my 2 pence. I know it's just too much to ask for a in a voluntary forum. It's a space where people should ideally understand that everything here is FREE. No one is obliged to do anything! But it's 2011 hey!

Guest hugobosslives

on the whole wifi thing....

i have a bt homehub. infact i just got the new one (3.0) and it works perfectly. but the old one (2.0) worked just as perfectly (if a little slower). if anyone wants the new one btw, phone bt and say your signal is crap and you would like a new one. they send it over for free if you get lucky :)

the only wifi related thing that bugs me is ad-hoc support. i know eta's and all that don't happen on cyanogen... but anyone know how this is coming along? would be really good to be able to use your laptops ethenet connection (i.e in hotels etc) to provide a wifi network for the blade.

Guest Richard_Arkless

I would say most of the abuse is down to people not taking the necessary steps to things and not searching for solutions e.g. why isnt market installed, because you didnt install gapps after installing the rom, why isnt cm using the 2.6.35 kernel, because the source code hasnt been released, etc

this is the main flaw that us tech people have where were a little impatient when it comes to "noobs"

@appolus try and assign a static ip like sej7278 said, to do this go into where you select the network you want to connect to, press menu then advanced and tick "use static IP" and input the necessary details

As for who should be mod, I personally wouldnt mind trying out the position to become a mod on this sub-forum as im on here most of the time so see a lot of stuff go on, who do I need to go contact to see if im worthy ? :D

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

I haven't updated my Nightly in a while. I think I'm on 153 or something. What's the best newish build atm? Latest ok?

I would go with sej7278's 161+ as that has all the changes that is in 161 and these 2 patches that have yet to be approved (and the on screen buttons of course :D), so far its perfect

You can find it here

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest ogilviea

I would go with sej7278's 161+ as that has all the changes that is in 161 and these 2 patches that have yet to be approved (and the on screen buttons of course :D), so far its perfect

You can find it here

It's been a while since I updated cm7 (I'm currently on build 111), so I decided that 161+ sounded like the right time to move up. Install appeared to go well (as usual), then I installed gapps (gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip)... but I see no Google apps! /system doesn't appear to have filled up (7MB free from 140MB)... any clues where to start looking to solve this?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Edit: Duh - of course that gapps package contains very few of the apps... I was looking for GMail, which is on the Market! The clue was spotting Talk, which is included in the zip. Sorry for the false alarm!

Edit: Uh-oh, not out of the woods yet... trying to connect to my Google account, I get "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". And I can't see Market listed in the app drawer, even though it is listed in "Manage Applications"! Something ain't right here...

Edited by ogilviea

Guest sej7278

It's been a while since I updated cm7 (I'm currently on build 111), so I decided that 161+ sounded like the right time to move up. Install appeared to go well (as usual), then I installed gapps (gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip)... but I see no Google apps! /system doesn't appear to have filled up (7MB free from 140MB)... any clues where to start looking to solve this?

Any help would be much appreciated...

i assume you've tried a reboot? activated wifi?

you mean you've got nothing - no market, gmail etc? have you tried sending an app to your phone from the market website on a pc?

rommanager will be within the rom, have you tried downloading gapps using that rather than copying the zip from sdcard?

did you wipe dalvik - you could try wiping data too i guess, bit of a last resort though.

you didn't install that new market leak (with the video/audio rental stuff) on 111 did you, that seems to give endless problems.

whats your clockworkmod recovery version - 3.0.2.7 or later?

i assume you've tpt'd your gen1 phone to gen2?

Edited by sej7278

Guest ogilviea

i assume you've tried a reboot? activated wifi?

you mean you've got nothing - no market, gmail etc? have you tried sending an app to your phone from the market website on a pc?

did you wipe dalvik - you could try wiping data too i guess, bit of a last resort though.

rommanager will be within the rom, have you tried downloading gapps using that rather than copying the zip from sdcard? whats your clockworkmod recovery version - 3.0.2.7 or later?

i assume you've got a gen2 or have tpt'd to gen2?

OK, OK... where's the embarrassed smiley? Oh, there it is :blush:

For some reason, when I went through the settings screens to get back to my old environment, I accidentally unchecked "background data" under Accounts & Sync. Aaarghhh... working perfectly now.

I hope this screw-up helps someone else in future! :)

Guest Psyloid

Hello,

I was trying one of the new nightlies instead of one of my custom stuffs, and i noticed that i cannot install paypal, tripadvisor and tasker, neither with titanium or thru market (they don't show up in market, not compatible).

can anyone shed a light on this, i can live without paypal and tripadvisor, but i'd like to use tasker since i think it's quite essential (and expensive)

thanks in advance :)

Nb: yes i'm back on the forum, no i don't do custom roms anymore and messages conserning ROM updates will be ignored

Edited by Psyloid

I don't have any problem with tripadvisor and paypal (you have to buy tasker, so I did not install, but it showed up when I searched for it).

Have you tried to install the most recent version of Gapps?