[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest wishmasterf

The next stable (RC) shouldn't be that far away, so you could just wait for that.

Thats really bad because thats a annoying bug an it seems the devs do not know about. I can't fix it my self so i have to tell the devs, but dont know how. :-(

nal fix

It's true? I was going to upgrade to N178... :-/

Home button works fine for me in N178 even GPS works without additional fix!! Everything perfect! Maybe your button is broken?!

Guest rockstarszzzz

nal fix

Home button works fine for me in N178 even GPS works without additional fix!! Everything perfect! Maybe your button is broken?!

I went back to MCSF and home button was working again! :s

I think it's not physically broken. I had cleanest install for N178! However, I'm going to give it another try since it's working for you guys :)

Guest sej7278

@sej7278 maybe you can update it :D but if you cant then dont worry about it

sorry, been away for a few days, so haven't caught up.

there's nothing that's not in n178 that i can provide, i'm about to flash it myself over n173+ as i'm getting quite a lot of reboots these days, in fact its always when syncing twitter or something, so i'm wondering if its due to the wifi fix.

edit: tried n178 and still got a reboot when i turned wifi on, or possibly its usb.....?

now who is willing to bet we don't see the sourcecode to 2.6.35 tomorrow as ZTE promised ?

Edited by sej7278

Is it possible to add the feature of profiles at the Cyanogen overclocking feature? That would be really great.

Or are there any systemfiles which can be modified to set the sleep clock of the OSF to 245MHz max? I've installed

setcpu to do this. So it would be really nice to do it without additional software.

Guest targetbsp

Is it possible to add the feature of profiles at the Cyanogen overclocking feature? That would be really great.

Or are there any systemfiles which can be modified to set the sleep clock of the OSF to 245MHz max? I've installed

setcpu to do this. So it would be really nice to do it without additional software.

The smartass governor works like that.

now who is willing to bet we don't see the sourcecode to 2.6.35 tomorrow as ZTE promised ?

I'll be fairly surprised to see it! :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sm4tik

From what I've understood, when the phone is sleeping smartass governor will clock between phone minimum and your set minimum. So if you've set your clock min to 245 with smartass, it will then automatically switch to 122-245 when sleeping. I could be wrong, but that's how I've understood it. Though overclocking profiles would be a nice addon to CM, setcpu does this well so I see no real reason to implement it.

edit.. always refresh before post :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest shmizan

don't forget, there's a 31st this month.. Sep 1st is 2 days from now :lol:

I am also pretty sure we won't see the code..

I also wonder how much it would improve CM and in how long they (CM team) will incorporate it, once released..

Edited by shmizan

Where did you found the information that ondemand clock to max freq. 245MHz at sleep?

I see some files in "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/onemand" but cannot found some file with the max clock at sleep.

I know that setcpu is a great tool. But i think with the overclocking feature of CM there is no need of this tool when it is possible

to change max sleep clock (and if profiles would be added ;) ).

Guest sej7278

don't forget, there's a 31st this month.. Sep 1st is 2 days from now :lol:

I am also pretty sure we won't see the code..

I also wonder how much it would improve CM and in how long they (CM team) will incorporate it, once released..

BY the 1st of september means before the end of the 31st of august to me :D

i think it will take a fair while to incorporate it looking at the efforts to do similar on github; hopefully we'll go RC2 before they start trying, otherwise we'll never be able to report bugs lol.

it should make a fair bit of difference as far as battery goes, some speedups and possibly better wifi/bluetooth/gps drivers etc. of course it will probably be released for skate, so will mean further playing around to get it to work on the blade, but we've discussed all of that already.

Guest Richard_Arkless

sorry, been away for a few days, so haven't caught up.

there's nothing that's not in n178 that i can provide, i'm about to flash it myself over n173+ as i'm getting quite a lot of reboots these days, in fact its always when syncing twitter or something, so i'm wondering if its due to the wifi fix.

edit: tried n178 and still got a reboot when i turned wifi on, or possibly its usb.....?

Well theres still tom's wifi patch, the usb charging config app and your own personal touches like the softbuttons but if your not planning on making a build then ill either try do it myself or wait but thanks anyway

If I remember correctly didnt they say they will release the source before september so probably tomorrow

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest sej7278

Anyone install new recovery (5.0.0.1) from new ROM Manager?

yes, although as usual nothing in the changelog. doesn't look any different from 3027/4015 except the colour scheme lol.

Guest Simono

yes, although as usual nothing in the changelog. doesn't look any different from 3027/4015 except the colour scheme lol.

On facabook I see:

"Major changes:

Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partition.

Backups got way faster.

Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup.

Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type at restore."

Guest sej7278

On facabook I see:

"Major changes:

Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partition.

Backups got way faster.

Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup.

Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type at restore."

nice, so won't have to use unyaffs to poke around the backup content.

i wonder if he sped up backups by forcing verbose mode off like cwm-based4 does, or if that's just down to tar.

i it maintains reverse-compatibility with cwm3 so we can still restore yaffs nandroids without having to revert to cwm3 or cwm-based4.

facebook (actually its google+) is a crap place to store the changelog when there's already a cwm/koush website.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, it's just that the quick option is the wrong way around again! Other than that it seems the same speed. Also, it doesn't appear to be compatible with the Rom Manager version that is out! At least when trying to take a backup.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

Yeah, it's just that the quick option is the wrong way around again! Other than that it seems the same speed. Also, it doesn't appear to be compatible with the Rom Manager version that is out! At least when trying to take a backup.

yes i just commented on g+ that the quick option is backwards like in cwm-based4015

rommanager premium 4403 did a nandroid fine for me but it still seems to use yaffs for everything except one file, which isn't in the md5sum and is no faster!

methinks someone has gone firefox/chrome version happy and put no upgrades in but upped the version :D

.android_secure.vfat.tar

boot.img

cache.yaffs2.img

data.yaffs2.img

nandroid.md5

recovery.img

system.yaffs2.img

roll on version 5.0.0.2 - or 6.0 as it will probably be called :D

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Weird. I was using 4403 and when it booted to CWM it told me I had to have Rom Manager 4 or later. I did put it in advanced mode yesterday for that new queuing up of rom-addons. Maybe it's that that's buggy.

Guest Html Tiger

Hi,

Is it possible to backup settings of Settings > CynogenMod Settings such as Notification power widget, statusbar tweaks, brightness levels etc using Titanium Backup or any other ways?

Thanks.

You can update it through ROM Manager, I got a prompt that a new version was available and then I just pressed 'Flash Recovery' and the new version was downloaded and installed.

you need premium feature to do that, and i don't feel spending 3€ just from this update (i always manage all my updates through pc, so i don't use data plan).

i would simply google for the latest version, but since i'm a noob, i'm afraid to download a wrong version and brick my phone. is there a specific clockwork for zte blade? are there any risk involved in downloading a random .zip from the internet?

Guest k0zmic

you need premium feature to do that, and i don't feel spending 3€ just from this update (i always manage all my updates through pc, so i don't use data plan).

i would simply google for the latest version, but since i'm a noob, i'm afraid to download a wrong version and brick my phone. is there a specific clockwork for zte blade? are there any risk involved in downloading a random .zip from the internet?

Pretty sure you don't. You need the Premium version to download certain ROM's, not recoveries I think.

Yeah there are specific versions.

Link to the new Blade version: http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.0.1-blade.img

You can use Fastboot to Flash it. Instructions here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Fastboot#Flash_Custom_Recovery.img

Guest sej7278

i don't think you need rommanager premium to update the recovery....?

you can download the zip from http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.0.1-blade.zip'>http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.0.1-blade.zip

if you browse the directory http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/ it looks like 5.0.0.2, 3 and 4 are hitting other platforms

the zip's you are using are sebastien404's cwm-based4, not koush's "official" cwm3 recoveries.

Edited by sej7278