[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I've tried installing n179 twice (updated from n176 and a clean install), but either way when I install gapps market and google account don't install. Do I need the new market or am doing something really nooby here?

Doesn't sound as though you're doing it wrong.

What are your partition sizes?

Guest brickornot

DM CRYPT and loopback devices are needed for android's sd apps implementation, so anything since 2.2 should have it enabled already.

thanks for replying.

Yes, but cm is the only rom it really worked - i tried it on two roms.

1- wbaw's on leaked kernel ginger stir fry b19

2-cm n178

and it works only on n178 from this 2 roms.

Guest danieljtmcleod1989

Doesn't sound as though you're doing it wrong.

What are your partition sizes?

If I'm honest I have no idea. Last TPT I did was wbaws b13 update if that helps. I cant understand why its happening as everything else in the gapps update zip installs, and it works on a clean install of n176

Try deleting /system/bin/abtfilt (it'll still try to start it, but shouldn't impact anything when it fails). Possibly caused by this.

Thanks for the help Tom G.

Wont be able to try it for a few days but will report back when I do.

Cheers, Paul

Guest sej7278

if I install gentoo (have ubuntu now, but there is no tutorial) + the new source code, can I compile by myself my own cyanogen mod?

lol, any linux should do but you're in for a world of pain trying to setup gentoo!

ubuntu is the preferred platform for android development, all of the tutorials cover ubuntu. i prefer debian, but i've also got it working on fedora.

lol, any linux should do but you're in for a world of pain trying to setup gentoo!

ubuntu is the preferred platform for android development, all of the tutorials cover ubuntu. i prefer debian, but i've also got it working on fedora.

I don't know about a world of pain, it's time consuming if anything, but in my opinion one of the easier distributions to maintain. I use ubuntu today because I don't have time for all the compiling, but I have more dependency issues and problems keeping it up to date then ever before :-) android sdk is not a problem on gentoo, but gentoo is not the easiest to install if you just started to tinker with linux :-)

Guest hlubepet

I don't know about a world of pain, it's time consuming if anything, but in my opinion one of the easier distributions to maintain. I use ubuntu today because I don't have time for all the compiling, but I have more dependency issues and problems keeping it up to date then ever before :-) android sdk is not a problem on gentoo, but gentoo is not the easiest to install if you just started to tinker with linux :-)

so please, any change for combine new kernel and 2.3.5 (or is someone doing this allready?) Im at work now, so I have time to do it on my notebook, but dont know whats the depencies, what I must be aware of.. of course, you can laught, just a question :)

have source downloaded and also the compiled boot.im done by Geno.Kolar

Edited by hlubepet

Guest dadashi

I've been using N160 for some weeks and it has "0" problems...now the N179 is out is it good to go or should I stay with

sej7278's N178 (can someone post a link to that...)

I tried installing clockwork5.0,1,0.zip using clockwork menu "install zip from sd" but it failed...how do I go about that?

EDIT: I updated clockwork to 5.0.1.0 through rom manager...

Edited by dadashi

Where do you find instructions for Ubuntu ?

And would it be worth a crack at it for a noob,not a complete noob of course,but none the less,a noob

Edited by Guest

@hlubepet: I don't know if you missed this, but

When it's ready, which could be never. There are likely to be some problems with it which could take a while to work through, at the moment it has graphical issues which badly effect performance and make it unusable.

Btw, the boot.img by Geno.Kolar won't work as it's compiled with VMSPLIT_2G, not 3G as it should be with CM.

Guest sej7278

just for jollies i decided to compile (with VMSPLIT_3G) tom_g's 2.6.35 kernel for the blade and merge it with cm7, well it booted eventually, i didn't actually think it was that slow other than to boot, menus/desktop seemed fine, settings->about showed kernel 2.6.35

anyway, i don't know if it was a coincidence, but my sdcard got corrupted, couldn't even read it from clockworkmod.

so just reformatted it and rsync'ing the backup now, before i flash vanilla nightly 179 over it :D

note to self: never lose that sdhc reader and microsd adaptor!

Edited by sej7278

This is my 1st CyanogenMod flashing, maybe I made something wrong.

I installed 175 release. Then installed gapps from here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Gapps#Google_Apps

But Google account synchronization not working, I can't restore contacts. And I can't download apps from market, download stack at 0%, no notification in status bar. What can be reasons for this?

This is my 1st CyanogenMod flashing, maybe I made something wrong.

I installed 175 release. Then installed gapps from here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Gapps#Google_Apps

But Google account synchronization not working, I can't restore contacts. And I can't download apps from market, download stack at 0%, no notification in status bar. What can be reasons for this?

OK I restored everything already :) I think something was wrong during previous installation. This time I formatted boot and system partitions, wiped dalvic cash. And I installed gapps just after installing 175 build in clockwork before rebooting. Now everything is working.

Guest hlubepet

@hlubepet: I don't know if you missed this, but

Btw, the boot.img by Geno.Kolar won't work as it's compiled with VMSPLIT_2G, not 3G as it should be with CM.

thanks, sorry, Ive really missed it.... :(

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Can anyone explain me why TETRIS® free is not compatible with my ZTE Blade with CM7?

It probably requires ARM7 or something.. I think its a hardware restriction rather than a software one, but I could be wrong...

Also, I'm not updating Cm7 until I get smooth scrolling :P - I know its going to take a while, but that's pretty much all else I could ask for...I think :D

Guest targetbsp

It probably requires ARM7 or something.. I think its a hardware restriction rather than a software one, but I could be wrong...

This.

anyone else still getting the "error processing rom manager script...." from cwm 5.0.1.0 when doing a nandroid from rommanager 4.4.0.5 ?

The patch notes for 4406 suggest this might be fixed

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rockstarszzzz

Also, I'm not updating Cm7 until I get smooth scrolling :P - I know its going to take a while, but that's pretty much all else I could ask for...I think :D

Things that make CM7 scrolling experience better - change app drawer columns to 3 if using ADW. I also find Zeam Launcher is extremely smooth on CM7. It's changed my views on 2D scrolling with CM7 completely!

Edit: Ofcourse, using spareparts I've made windows transition and opening as 'fast' instead of medium that comes by default. No overclocking done but perhaps that might speed up performance?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest wishmasterf

This.

If it is true i would like to know why Tetris can not run on a armv6. IMHO there should not be a reason to support armv7 only. Thats s***!

Are we able to see why the market tell us it is not compatible?

Edited by wishmasterf