[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

If it's any consolation, tetris is crap on a touch screen. You need the tactile feedback of real physical buttons to be able to play it at any kind of speed.

Guest The_Knife

My phone gets stuck showing the Android logo on first boot after installing nightly 175 or 178. I've waited 15-20 minutes each time. Those are the only nightlies I've tried.

I've upgraded my (Telia) Gen1 Blade to Gen2 using wbaw's TPT. I have ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.7. My system partition is 140 MiB and my cache partition is 2 MiB.

wbaw's TPT that has CyanogenMod 7.1.0-RC1 built-in works fine.

Any ideas?

Edited by The_Knife

Guest wishmasterf

If it's any consolation, tetris is crap on a touch screen. You need the tactile feedback of real physical buttons to be able to play it at any kind of speed.

OK. But i hate to not be able to and not see a reason.

Guest targetbsp

yes it is. rom manager 4403 and 4406 are fine, 4405 is busted.

For me, 4403 didn't work and 4405 did! Not tested 4406 yet. But the changelog was something about it erroring on first use

Guest sej7278

Guys, are the latest nightlies ok? I'm still on a build from the 16th of August!

178 seemed to reboot a lot for me, 179 seems ok although i just had to take the battery out to make it boot. i think 169 was the best we've had in a long time, which was not much difference to your 16th august.

unless the android git repo comes back online and/or we get some interesting improvements, i'm thinking of going back to my n169+ (although i think i deleted that nandroid so maybe n173+2)

Edited by sej7278

Guest ididmytime

Such a pity ZTE have yet again bodged up another source code release, hopefully we can still get low wifi power mode sometime soon, and LED's are working once more, until then, I will still be chugging along with n111+.

First and last ZTE phone I will own.

i'm thinking of going back to my n169+ (although i think i deleted that nandroid so maybe n173+2)

I'm still on N169+, I downloaded N173+2 I think but never got round to flashing it.

I found the reason why I had troubles here

It's becouse I was using reverse usb tethering for market. I'm activating WiFi or USB modem in phone menu then run simple script

ifconfig rmnet0 down

ifconfig usb0 up

route add default gw IP dev usb0

setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

In that case internet from PC is sharing to Android, but not all applications works. Browsers and htmlview based apps works. Even some games. But, don't know why market, google synchronization, skype don't work. Probably becouse they use socket connections?

That's a general Android question, but maybe our cyanogenmode can be compiled with fixed options, scripts etc to make reverse Usb/WiFi tethering work as it should?

Guest The_Duck
uff.. i think i messed my phone.. i had installed N178, since i got the Error while downloading "[app name]" There is insufficient space on the device. market error, i tried to wipe everything and install N179. so i wiped:
  • Under advanced:
    • Dalvik cache
    • Under mount and storage:
      • Format /system
      • Format /cache
      • Format /data
      • Format /boot

[*]Under main menu

[*]wipe user data [*]wipe cache

after that, i've installed N179. when the phone boots, it looks like it remebers something from last installation: he doesn't ask to register a google account, there is no tutorial and so on. it is also missing market apk. also, if i try to install Titanium Backup with an apk (downloaded from official site), it recognize that i have the TB pro key (although i haven't installed yet). if i go to settings -> account & sync, i can't add a google account. only an exchange account. having all those issues, i decided to change rom and go gignerbread stir rom B21. so i did again all the wiping i've elenced above and installed the new rom. after booting, everything goes fine. i can add a google account, there is market, etc. anyway, having a look at the rom i discover i prefer CM, so i decide to reinstall N179 again. so i do all the wiping again and i install N179. after this, i return exactly in the situation i've explained before.. this has no sense, don't know what to do

Hi All, I had exactly the same issue. See my earlier posts, where I was ridiculed for "not installing the latest gapps package" and basically wasting peoples time asking questions.

I also gave up on Cyanogen for a bit and went to Ginger Stir Fry for about 1 week before coming back to CM. During the switch from CM7 to GSF, I did a factory reset and wiped everything. I did the same when I went back to CM7. But still no joy.

What I found was that my /system was full. I found this by doing a "df" in terminal emulator.

Apparantley when you run gapps in Clockwork and there is insufficient room, it simply installs what it can and then leaves the rest. I guess vending.apk being at the end of the alphabetical list doesn't make it in.

I used wbaw's V8 TPT to change my sizes from a 138MB to 160MB partition and et voila, gapps now flashed fully and all the required apps were there.

I am guessing that between CM7 functionality and gapps changes that the old 138 MB partition I had from wbaw's TPT v3 (I think) it won't fit properly on a 138MB partition any more.

Anyway, hope this helps people a bit.

Duck

Edited by The_Duck

178 seemed to reboot a lot for me, 179 seems ok although i just had to take the battery out to make it boot. i think 169 was the best we've had in a long time, which was not much difference to your 16th august.

unless the android git repo comes back online and/or we get some interesting improvements, i'm thinking of going back to my n169+ (although i think i deleted that nandroid so maybe n173+2)

Sej,

Your download link is empty. I am still with n142+ and would like to upgrade. Where can I find one of your above recommendations?

Guest sej7278

Sej,

Your download link is empty. I am still with n142+ and would like to upgrade. Where can I find one of your above recommendations?

i've removed them all as they were out-of-date.

Guest sej7278

i ask that because by 2011/31/08 the team don't publish new release....thanks

there's problems with the git repo's at the moment so the buildbot (and us) can't connect, but the changelog and gerrit are still being updated so work is still going on don't worry.

Guest nikonboy

I'm still on N169+, I downloaded N173+2 I think but never got round to flashing it.

Hi Kozmic, any chance of copies of those rom's I missed them due to holiday and Sej has taken them off his link, apologies if I breached any etiquette by not asking Sej direct but his post says he may have deleted them anyway. Thanks in advance. D

Guest sej7278

Hi Kozmic, any chance of copies of those rom's I missed them due to holiday and Sej has taken them off his link, apologies if I breached any etiquette by not asking Sej direct but his post says he may have deleted them anyway. Thanks in advance. D

lol, yes i don't even have a copy anymore. give n179 a try though, it seems to run ok for me other than one boot problem i had. but avoid n178 like the plague! my n173+2 had the wifi fix in it.

Edited by sej7278

lol, yes i don't even have a copy anymore. give n179 a try though, it seems to run ok for me other than one boot problem i had. but avoid n178 like the plague! my n173+2 had the wifi fix in it.

I'm uploading them now. Glad I kept them!

Edit:

Links

http://www.wuala.com...us2-signed.zip/

MD5 :bb513da073b5ba2b2a8b080553601768

http://www.wuala.com...us2-signed.zip/

MD5: 6abf4ba921218f67d304bfe985712c52

Edited by k0zmic