[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

It is set to "When screen turns off".

i've just tested my phone and stops responding to ping when the screen goes off, i've turned it back on after an hour and wifi was only running for 15mins, plus it reconnected within seconds and barely any battery was used.

so your problem is something else - are you syncing a lot perhaps, things like google reader keep wakelocks like crazy.

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

Work for new kernel in progress :) new kernel

i suspected this was on its way, i'm not going near it yet, last time i tried 2.6.35 on cm7 it nuked my sdcard (that was built from zte's excuse for sourcecode, not tom_g's binary)

and no, 7.0.4 won't be coming, it will be 7.1.0 rc2 next i guess, 7.0.x is long dead, but i doubt they'd merge 2.6.35 in at this stage.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

i suspected this was on its way, i'm not going near it yet, last time i tried 2.6.35 on cm7 it nuked my sdcard (that was built from zte's excuse for sourcecode, not tom_g's binary)

You could be backing up your SD card during the time it takes to get and compile ;)

Guest sej7278

You could be backing up your SD card during the time it takes to get and compile ;)

lol, i'm starting to think i need a development blade rather than screwing up my daily use phone lol. i wonder if anil is selling his now he's gone all optimus2 on us :D

i don't really understand the statement: "Anyone building with this should use the 'testing' branch of the ZTE vendor libs repository."

and looking at the commit i don't think its everything we need - which i guess is in this libs branch.....

san frans from orange/argos/tesco/amazon/play are now £110, wtf?! how much are libra's?

Edited by sej7278

I think it's the one at Jacob's github.

edit: anyone managing to repo sync atm? I've tried editing .repo/manifests/default.xml as sej suggested earlier, but no luck here..

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278

edit: anyone managing to repo sync atm? I've tried editing .repo/manifests/default.xml as sej suggested earlier, but no luck here..

libs looks like this commit

dunno about repo, i've been too scared to attempt to sync until i've backed up my local copy.

Guest hlubepet

for me, still the same (as wrote earlier), repo syncing for about 5-10 minutes, than error..

and no, 7.0.4 won't be coming, it will be 7.1.0 rc2 next i guess, 7.0.x is long dead, but i doubt they'd merge 2.6.35 in at this stage.

hi

thanks, any idea when rc2 would be released? and i take it this will be in the stable section?

hi

thanks, any idea when rc2 would be released? and i take it this will be in the stable section?

it'll be ready when it's ready. No.

Edited by De@n

Guest Anil K Solanki

lol, i'm starting to think i need a development blade rather than screwing up my daily use phone lol. i wonder if anil is selling his now he's gone all optimus2 on us :D

Hi Simon, sorry mate but I'm giving my Blade to my chick so she can replace her NOKIA 5800. I have three 5800's, you're welcome to one of those? Sorry, bad joke.

Anil.

Guest hlubepet

Hi Simon, sorry mate but I'm giving my Blade to my chick so she can replace her NOKIA 5800. I have three 5800's, you're welcome to one of those? Sorry, bad joke.

Anil.

so your chick will be testing now? NICE :D

Hi guys,

Yesterday i want to install the n179+. But this try ended in a disaster. I get random reboots and i thought that the root acces is not working. For example i give lbe security root accees but the service could not start. He other was ich cannot write to systemfiles like the build.prop file. I mountet /system as r/w but nothing happen. I always get the error "could not write to file".

I testet with a new flash of the rom including a full wipe before but i get the same errors. So i have to go back to 173+2.

Anyone an idea what happend?

All checksums were correct.

Guest hlubepet

Hi guys,

Yesterday i want to install the n179+. But this try ended in a disaster. I get random reboots and i thought that the root acces is not working. For example i give lbe security root accees but the service could not start. He other was ich cannot write to systemfiles like the build.prop file. I mountet /system as r/w but nothing happen. I always get the error "could not write to file".

I testet with a new flash of the rom including a full wipe before but i get the same errors. So i have to go back to 173+2.

Anyone an idea what happend?

All checksums were correct.

on gsf22 there was a bug with clockworkmod, updated to 5.0.2.0 and everything is ok... so are you on this version?

on gsf22 there was a bug with clockworkmod, updated to 5.0.2.0 and everything is ok... so are you on this version?

I was on clockwork 3.0.2.7 when i installed the n179+. Now i am on 4.0.1.5 because Phoenix Silver made a

good Clockworkmod with touchscreen support (info). Did this problem also exists on 4.0.1.5?

Guest hlubepet

I was on clockwork 3.0.2.7 when i installed the n179+. Now i am on 4.0.1.5 because Phoenix Silver made a

good Clockworkmod with touchscreen support (info). Did this problem also exists on 4.0.1.5?

it was only a suggestion... try the newest 5.0.2.0 , if it dosnt help, flash back the older :) It was only info that I had similar issues on other rom :)

I want alway leater write about this but I alway forget about this :)

post-574989-0-97955400-1315473201_thumb.

In red elipse is data that I don't understand for what it generate traffic. This data is fot 7 days without reboot.

- SIM Toolkit

- Theme Chooser

- ZTE Blade Settings

- Settings

I have some data in plan and this is not tu much, but this cause some battery drian if connect and transmit data for what?

Someone know what it is?

Edited by Simono

Guest domerator

I want alway leater write about this but I alway forget about this :)

post-574989-0-97955400-1315473201_thumb.

In red elipse is data that I don't understand for what it generate traffic. This data is fot 7 days without reboot.

- SIM Toolkit

- Theme Chooser

- ZTE Blade Settings

- Settings

I have some data in plan and this is not tu much, but this cause some battery drian if connect and transmit data for what?

Someone know what it is?

AFAIK SIM toolkit can be freezed by Root App Remover if you do not use the features bundled in SIM by your provider. I do it in every new rom. Besides I saw some notes on forums that SIM toolkit also drains battery (of course at least due to data generating)

The rest could be restricted by Droidwall maybe?

Edited by domerator

Guest targetbsp

Theme Chooser and ZTE Blade Settings are also safe to freeze/uninstall if you don't need them.

I also can't imagine either app using the net actually. I wonder if it's a fault in the monitoring app picking up the wrong app using data??

Edited by targetbsp

Guest domerator

Theme Chooser and ZTE Blade Settings are also safe to freeze/uninstall if you don't need them.

I also can't imagine either app using the net actually. I wonder if it's a fault in the monitoring app picking up the wrong app using data??

Just a quick idea... if the backup to google (or whatever similar in settings) is enabled it MIGHT cause data flow about the settings details to google...?? :unsure: