[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest leszekpap

guys...i`m now on gsfb23 ....but if new kernel was applied on cm7 then maybe this is good reason to change to cm7 ?

what is battery life ? any other bugs ?

blade is my daily phone in work so I need to have full stable .

thanks for all answers.

guys...i`m now on gsfb23 ....but if new kernel was applied on cm7 then maybe this is good reason to change to cm7 ?

what is battery life ? any other bugs ?

blade is my daily phone in work so I need to have full stable .

thanks for all answers.

There is a new gsf with the new kernel now gsf 24. Ive installed it and all is very nice.

I cant see that CM7 has the same battery life judging by recent replies to this question.

Is it just me or is the phone not sleeping in patchset2 ? I can wake it with every button...

I have similar experience. No sleep even after 10 mins...

Spare parts top3 is:

Android System

Google services

Email

In terminal in top, /system/bin/akmd2 seems to be the one with the most cpu time.

Usually a reboot used to help with this issue, but now it doesn't solve it

Edited by Benoe

I have similar experience. No sleep even after 10 mins...

Spare parts top3 is:

Android System

Google services

Email

In terminal in top, /system/bin/akmd2 seems to be the one with the most cpu time.

Usually a reboot used to help with this issue, but now it doesn't solve it

i noticed even with patch1 that akmd2 was using a lot of cpu. i found this from a quick google, not tried it though.

my phone didn't sleep last night with patch2

perhaps the wakelock to make proximity work is not turning off after a phonecall ends? it would seem both issues are related.

Guest targetbsp

Err... now that you mentioned it... Yeah!

Mine awoke with a button press and is showing 100% running (2 and a half hours) in spare parts vs 0.8% screen on.

Still stays awake after a reboot. No call made.

Edited by targetbsp

i found this from a quick google, not tried it though.

my phone didn't sleep last night with patch2

perhaps the wakelock to make proximity work is not turning off after a phonecall ends? it would seem both issues are related.

I already tried that workaround meaning /data/delay is already set to 250 in my device.

I did that because of the former non-sleeping issues, what I think was related to screen-rotation detection.

Guest targetbsp

I went back to patch set 1 for the sleeping and I have to say one thing that became clear to me, as others noted on the previous page, patchset 2 is properly fast! Going back to 2 and will keep the charger handy until 3 lol.

I went back to patch set 1 for the sleeping and I have to say one thing that became clear to me, as others noted on the previous page, patchset 2 is properly fast! Going back to 2 and will keep the charger handy until 3 lol.

The only change I can think of that would cause that is changing the default governor to interactive. Patchset 3 may impress even more, I'm about to test it.

Guest targetbsp

Thanks kindly. :) I'd make one myself but I was hampered by the lack of kernel.org in recreating my build environment. :D

And I say make one myself. I don't know how you get the as yet unmerged stuff into it. Are there instructions for that anywhere?

Or is it just a matter of typing in the git fetch command shown next to download in the codereview?

Edited by targetbsp

Thanks kindly. :) I'd make one myself but I was hampered by the lack of kernel.org in recreating my build environment. :D

And I say make one myself. I don't know how you get the as yet unmerged stuff into it. Are there instructions for that anywhere?

copy the git command line from the 'download' section of the gerrit page.

The only change I can think of that would cause that is changing the default governor to interactive. Patchset 3 may impress even more, I'm about to test it.

so which should we be using these days - the default interactive, not ondemand anymore? what's this smartass2 i keep hearing about?

edit: interactive explained here, seems like its more responsive than ondemand.

as far as scrolling goes, i've never seen a real issue with it, but patch2 seemed visibly faster than patch1 at that. bit of an overclock helps too

oddly enough, cwm5020 and rommanager4407 didn't fail this time!

Edited by sej7278

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Yep, patch 2 is a little bit faster. :)

But I think it miss a little bit of smoothness to make the scrolling experience better, IMO off course. smile.gif

Anyway, Sej (and Tom & others devs off course), thanks again for your work, this is what I came back to CM7. :D

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest hlubepet

Yep, patch 2 is a little bit faster. :)

But I think it miss a little bit of smoothness to make the scrolling experience better, IMO off course. smile.gif

Anyway, Sej (and Tom & others devs off course), thanks again for your work, this is what I came back to CM7. :D

yeah those people... must have in the middle of the name something like "cannot stop the development".

waiting for patch3 :))

Guest targetbsp

so which should we be using these days - the default interactive, not ondemand anymore? what's this smartass2 i keep hearing about?

edit: interactive explained here, seems like its more responsive than ondemand.

Benchmark wise, interactive and smartass perform equal for me and both better than On Demand. I'm not sure which of interactive or smartass is better though.