[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hankhandsome

i've installed it with full wipes/system format e.t.c.. and whenever i go to WiFi settings I get a force close, so I'm unable to connect to my WiFi connection

After an upgrade to 2.6.35 and dalvik/cache wipe, debug.composition. type=gpu (what gsf use to speed up scrolling in menus) seems to be working :-)

well it works for me insofaras it doesn't seem to cause any issues, but does it really do anything for menu scroll speed?

hm..I just experienced a strange thing with the Patch3 build

I tried to teset the wifi sleep policy, so I let the phone sleep...for about 20-30 minutes. After that tried to wake it up with the Back, menu...buttons, didn't work (as it supposed to work) but after that tried to wake with the power button, which didn't work either, the phone just TURNED OFF itself!

Don't know yet why....anybody experienced the same?

(battery was ok)

Edited by Geree

15 minutes is probably not long enough to judge the battery life. I'll tell you tomorrow what I think of it. :DHave you tried other versions of the new kernel? Patch 1 was fine on the battery. 2 wasn't because the phone didn't sleep. 3 fixes that problem with 2.I guess what I'm asking is are you saying patch 3 specifically has a problem or you think the new kernel generally has a problem?

I had patch 2 and now I have patch 3, in both I have the battery drain.I even restarted to see if the problem continued (it was the same).

But I only wiped the dalvik cache .:unsure:

Guest hlubepet

dont know if it makes any difference but Ive turned off JIT and switched to ondemand with no overclocking... v3 working flawlessly till now.. wifi, proximity, battery, calling.. everything ok..

well it works for me insofaras it doesn't seem to cause any issues, but does it really do anything for menu scroll speed?

Well, here it does, I see no difference on my girlfriends blade running gsf and my own, also get the same graphical glitches. :-)

Well, here it does, I see no difference on my girlfriends blade running gsf and my own, also get the same graphical glitches. :-)

what graphical glitches?

i'm just wondering if its worth asking for this line to be added to device_blade.mk but i just don't see any slow menu's or ones made faster.

for instance, the app drawer, it scrolls slow/fast depending on how slow/fast i swipe it, not what kernel/build/flags its running!

Edited by sej7278

I tried to teset the wifi sleep policy, so I let the phone sleep...for about 20-30 minutes. After that tried to wake it up with the Back, menu...buttons, didn't work (as it supposed to work) but after

no, its only supposed to wake with the power button, any others means there is a wakelock like patch2.

no, its only supposed to wake with the power button, any others means there is a wakelock like patch2.

Yes, but my phone turned off completely...

and another thing I noticed, that the phone doesn't reconnect for me after sleep (15+ minutes)

Should Tom'swifi fix help for this?

what graphical glitches?

i'm just wondering if its worth asking for this line to be added to device_blade.mk but i just don't see any slow menu's or ones made faster.

for instance, the app drawer, it scrolls slow/fast depending on how slow/fast i swipe it, not what kernel/build/flags its running!

I don't know if it's a glitch, but the overscroll effect sometimes look somewhat off :-) This option doesn't seem to change anything in your launcher, and it's the same on gsf.

Edited by fldc

I had patch 2 and now I have patch 3, in both I have the battery drain.I even restarted to see if the problem continued (it was the same).

But I only wiped the dalvik cache .:unsure:

possibly battery calibration issue from all the flashing lately lol.

the new wifi setup in 2.6.35 would cause drain for up to 15mins as wifi stays on when the screen goes off for 15mins.

that would happen in both builds, and patch2 had a wakelock to make matters worse. you need to test patch3 for a day at least.

Yes, but my phone turned off completely...

and another thing I noticed, that the phone doesn't reconnect for me after sleep (15+ minutes)

Should Tom'swifi fix help for this?

i've seen that too - once wifi sleeps it comes back on but never manages to connect (just sits there scanning.....) also it seems impossible to turn it off and on again to fix it, have to reboot.

the wpa_supplicant fix may work i guess, i wouldn't mix the libs from .32 with .35 though.

also this seems slightly different in that wifi comes back on but doesn't connect. with .32 it wouldn't come back on at all.

i've seen that too - once wifi sleeps it comes back on but never manages to connect (just sits there scanning.....) also it seems impossible to turn it off and on again to fix it, have to reboot.

the wpa_supplicant fix may work i guess, i wouldn't mix the libs from .32 with .35 though.

also this seems slightly different in that wifi comes back on but doesn't connect. with .32 it wouldn't come back on at all.

Agree. However turning off and on the wifi worked for me..didn't have to reboot.

Hmm... I just synced my source with repo sync -f (to ignore kernel.org errors) and when trying to build, I end up with this

target SharedLib: libGLES_android (out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_android_intermediates/LINKED/libGLES_android.so)

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_android_intermediates/array.o: in function android::drawPrimitivesTriangleFan(android::gl::ogles_context_t*, int, int):frameworks/base/opengl/libagl/copybit.h:67: error: undefined reference to 'android::drawTriangleFanWithCopybit_impl(android::gl::ogles_context_t*, int, int)'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_android_intermediates/LINKED/libGLES_android.so] Error 1

Any idea whether this is because of a broken/failed sync or if I'm missing something else?

Edited by sm4tik

Hello everybody!

I'm a long time lurker here on this thread... time for the first post...

Ever since I started using CM7 the camera FC on me, every time I try to take a picture.

When I press the button to take the picture everything freezes, and after 15-20 seconds I am getting the infamous Force Close message.

I was using SS5 before CM7 (everything was working OK!)... then cca. two months ago I decided to try CM7. I Converted my Blade to GEN2 (wbaws TPT v8 custom), wiped cache, Dalvik cache, installed N148, and I was a happy CM7 user until I tried the camera. It did not work!

Since I did not do a full wipe before I thought that is causing the camera problem.

... but, today... I decided to try Sej's N179+ (p3), the one everybody is talking about...

I wiped EVERYTHING in ClockWork Mod 3.0.27, formatted EVERYTHING that was available to format... but, to no avail.

N179+ installs fine... works fine, but the camera is still FC-ing.

Tried various setting in the camera app. Nothing helps... ::(

Searched through this thread, but no one seems to have a problem like me... ::(

I lost all hope. Is my camera wrecked (hardware failure?) :(

Is there anything I could/should do to make it work?!?

Please... any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Hello everybody!

I'm a long time lurker here on this thread... time for the first post...

Ever since I started using CM7 the camera FC on me, every time I try to take a picture.

When I press the button to take the picture everything freezes, and after 15-20 seconds I am getting the infamous Force Close message.

I was using SS5 before CM7 (everything was working OK!)... then cca. two months ago I decided to try CM7. I Converted my Blade to GEN2 (wbaws TPT v8 custom), wiped cache, Dalvik cache, installed N148, and I was a happy CM7 user until I tried the camera. It did not work!

Since I did not do a full wipe before I thought that is causing the camera problem.

... but, today... I decided to try Sej's N179+ (p3), the one everybody is talking about...

I wiped EVERYTHING in ClockWork Mod 3.0.27, formatted EVERYTHING that was available to format... but, to no avail.

N179+ installs fine... works fine, but the camera is still FC-ing.

Tried various setting in the camera app. Nothing helps... ::(

Searched through this thread, but no one seems to have a problem like me... ::(

I lost all hope. Is my camera wrecked (hardware failure?) :(

Is there anything I could/should do to make it work?!?

Please... any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

If you try SS5 now does your camera works again? If not, it is probably a hardware failure..if it works it is a mistery...

Guest ritterkeks

well, first of all thanks to the devs who made this possible!

I'm just a bit grumpy, 'cause today all the systems at work went mad, moreover I am just rewriting my post here at my computer, oh and that crashed when I tried to boot linux, but before I had lost the almost finished post I was typing on my transformer, which bugged my with various keyboard errors along the way, with swift key X and also with the stock keyboard...

anyway, now #1: 2.6.35

I've just updated to seijs latest build with the new kernel, and right after the first boot, the weather widget tried to get a location through gps - and immediately the system crashed. This has not happened before on all other builds. Sometimes it won't get a fix (unchecking gps and then switchting it on again helped there), but mostly it all was well.

I tried it again with GMaps and also had a reboot immediately. So this is new for the .35 kernel / patch 3 (for me at least)

#2: wifi tethering

And now a problem mentioned a few pages ago: Even with seijs n179++ with wifi-fix, when using wifi-tethering the connection still drops immediately when turning the screen off. I keep using regpon wifi keepalive for tethering now. I haven't tried it yet with the new kernel, but since the gps fix seems broken now, I don't thank anything will be better here ;-)

#3: bluetooth quality

Also I have found my bluetooth headset (SE mw600) again, after about 6 months I think... I paired it with the blade and it worked very good the first minutes of using.

But from then on it went glitchy again. I have just been on the phone, with the tablet in hand, and I had to keep the blade within 20cm to the headset unit to get a reasonable voice quality. I assume its because of the tablet's wifi...

When listening to music with a2dp, the stream is still choppy when I keep the blade in my pocket and have the headset clipped to my shirt... Again, wifi is everywhere today, even in the park...

Now whats different to the last time I used my headset (mcr froyo). Back then I was able to use wifi and bluetooth at the sime time. It was sluggish, but it worked. Now I use wifi only to download big files, like the rom, but what I noticed before:

While bluetooth is turned on, even if its not connected to the headset and that is turned off, a wifi connection is not possibly. It tries to connect, but fails and fails and fails...

Now when I'm listening to music and switch wifi on at the same time, the bluetooth connection drops immediately, and everytime it tries to connect, the music stops again and again.

Also, I noticed that bluetooth seems to "crash" sometimes. The icon and the connection will suddenly just vanish, sometimes it comes back a few seconds later.

So I know, I'm just reporting problems, without any further information. But if I can get my linux to boot again, I can provide logcats / kernel logs if someone wants to look into it.</div><div>Now lets hope I can now at least watch one episode of my TV series without anything crashing or doing weird things without any apparent reason ;-)

...oh well, got my hope up to soon. now modaco signed my out. my post was not lost AGAIN, but all the formatting. sorry of I forgot to clear any html tags, I will just call it a day then

Hmm... I just synced my source with repo sync -f (to ignore kernel.org errors) and when trying to build, I end up with this

target SharedLib: libGLES_android.......

Any idea whether this is because of a broken/failed sync or if I'm missing something else?

testing libs: https://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte/tree/testing/blade/proprietary

Edited by sej7278

If you try SS5 now does your camera works again? If not, it is probably a hardware failure..if it works it is a mistery...

:( :(

see... this was the obvious thing to do...

I put back SS5... and looks like my worst nightmare come true. :(

The photo camera is not working under SS5 neither...

... the really weird thing is, that the camcorder app is functioning without any glitch if I start it first!

... if I close the camcorder app, and fire up the camera... it Force closes... and after this I can not start the Camcorder either... :(

How come the camcorder is working whatever ROM I choose ( if I start it BEFORE the camera app )... but the camera FC all the time... and after this the camcorder is dead too...

Isn't it weird?

Shouldn't be that as I already did a succesful build with those libs before syncing. Any other ideas?

uhhh... wait.. maybe pulling the new kernel will help :P

edit: still no good..

did you pull in the full patch from gerrit - not just the kernel blob but the libcopybit etc?

cd device/zte/blade/

git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_device_zte_blade refs/changes/52/7852/3 && git format-patch -1 --stdout FETCH_HEAD > /tmp/2635p3.patch

git apply /tmp/2635p3.patch  

otherwise it does look like some of the files from your error message are base android headers etc. so might be out-of-date/knackered due to sync issues.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

It seems battery took a hit with the new kernel!

I am using patch3 (thanks sej!) and in 15min I am already at 97% (8s of wifi,22 of screen, the rest is Android OS and inactivity).

Anyone having the same problem?

Hows yours looking now? I dropped 5% in 20 minutes and then 1% over the next 5 hours!

I'm thinking some battery calibration thing or just simply as everyone always says: don't trust the battery gauge between 90 and 100%

And overnight it went down only another 1%. I can't see anything wrong with the battery here.

Edited by targetbsp