[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I've installed this one and the phone stopped booting :(

Was the md5 OK? That patch is 3 weeks old and lots of us have used it perfectly fine on various recent versions of CM7.

Edited by targetbsp

ok good, i assumed it would work if it was recompiled from source rather than ripped from an old rom.

not to be a nag, but is it anywhere near releaseable? :o

Its a simple patch and I knew it worked, but I wanted to know why it worked before submitting. Now I know why.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/7921

Edited by Tom G

Was the md5 OK? That patch is 3 weeks old and lots of us have used it perfectly fine on various recent versions of CM7.

In fact it was, but since Tom G has found the real fix, I'd rather wait for a new zip from Sej than try installing the fix again.

excuse me, but please where is your cm7 p3+ ? :-)

i'm not putting it up yet, just testing. if there's likely to be a patch4 i'd rather hold off, its only the wifi fix integrated. i just wanted to test out the new github repo's would produce a build.

Edited by sej7278

Hi sej7278,

in case of the problem with the LBE App i have searched to log file and found the following:

Logfile for LBE security und CM179+p3:

D/dalvikvm(  338): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 334K, 60% free 3184K/7943K, external 5341K/5588K, paused 82ms

I/ActivityThread( 2769): Pub com.lbe.security.content: com.lbe.security.service.content.DummyContentProvider

D/dalvikvm( 2769): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.lbe.security/lib/libm9_utils.so 0x40516938

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 75K, 53% free 2578K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 101ms

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 26K, 53% free 2551K/5379K, external 256K/768K, paused 59ms

I/ActivityManager(  232): Displayed com.lbe.security/.ui.Splash: +678ms (total +4s528ms)

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 18K, 52% free 2602K/5379K, external 1056K/1088K, paused 74ms

V/Localytics_Session( 2769): Queue full, session not created

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 89K, 51% free 2701K/5511K, external 1525K/1599K, paused 50ms

I/ActivityManager(  232): Displayed com.lbe.security/.ui.Main: +809ms

I/ActivityManager(  232): Displayed com.noshufou.android.su/.SuRequest: +238ms

D/SuRequest(  672): Sending result: ALLOW for UID: 10087

D/su  	( 2782): 10087 com.lbe.security executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh

D/su  	( 2787): 10087 com.lbe.security executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh

I/LBE-Sec ( 2769): Fail to start security service

V/Localytics_Session( 2769): Session not closed.

W/Service ( 2769): setForeground: ignoring old API call on com.lbe.security.service.SecurityManager

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_CONCURRENT freed 90K, 49% free 2886K/5639K, external 1963K/2082K, paused 4ms+6ms

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_CONCURRENT freed 241K, 47% free 3455K/6407K, external 1894K/2082K, paused 5ms+5ms

I/dalvikvm( 2769): Jit: resizing JitTable from 512 to 1024

I'm not sure what is the problem. The ROM itself or the App.

Edited by Guest

Hi sej7278,

in case of the problem with the LBE App i have searched to log file and found the following:

you're asking on the wrong forum, if you google the "Fail to start security service" error you'll see plenty of other phone/rom users have the same thing with that app.

have you tried reinstalling or rebooting and reporting it to the author like the error message says? it seems to be having problems with getting a root shell.

Thanks for you help sej7278 :) That's what i wanted to know.

So it's definetly a problem of the app. I will send a bug report to the author.

I hope he will fix it.

Yeah it tried many things: rebooting phone, shutdown phone and start phone, uninstall

and reinstall etc. But nothing helps.

Hi sej7278,

Logfile for LBE security und CM179+p3:

D/dalvikvm(  338): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 334K, 60% free 3184K/7943K, external 5341K/5588K, paused 82ms

I/ActivityThread( 2769): Pub com.lbe.security.content: com.lbe.security.service.content.DummyContentProvider

D/dalvikvm( 2769): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.lbe.security/lib/libm9_utils.so 0x40516938

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 75K, 53% free 2578K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 101ms

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 26K, 53% free 2551K/5379K, external 256K/768K, paused 59ms

I/ActivityManager(  232): Displayed com.lbe.security/.ui.Splash: +678ms (total +4s528ms)

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 18K, 52% free 2602K/5379K, external 1056K/1088K, paused 74ms

V/Localytics_Session( 2769): Queue full, session not created

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 89K, 51% free 2701K/5511K, external 1525K/1599K, paused 50ms

I/ActivityManager(  232): Displayed com.lbe.security/.ui.Main: +809ms

I/ActivityManager(  232): Displayed com.noshufou.android.su/.SuRequest: +238ms

D/SuRequest(  672): Sending result: ALLOW for UID: 10087

D/su  	( 2782): 10087 com.lbe.security executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh

D/su  	( 2787): 10087 com.lbe.security executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh

I/LBE-Sec ( 2769): Fail to start security service

V/Localytics_Session( 2769): Session not closed.

W/Service ( 2769): setForeground: ignoring old API call on com.lbe.security.service.SecurityManager

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_CONCURRENT freed 90K, 49% free 2886K/5639K, external 1963K/2082K, paused 4ms+6ms

D/dalvikvm( 2769): GC_CONCURRENT freed 241K, 47% free 3455K/6407K, external 1894K/2082K, paused 5ms+5ms

I/dalvikvm( 2769): Jit: resizing JitTable from 512 to 1024

Security app requires root access? Doesn't sound very secure.

looks like it, maps is so bad i refuse to use it anymore, seems to be the root of all evil when it comes to gps reboots (that don't happen with other gps apps) and wakelocks.

I have reboots using My Tracks, as I know it is a google product as well, or at least use google maps.

I started to see some pattern when reboot is happening, so next time I could hopefully provide a logcat as well.

Hmm.. first launch with maps and no reboot? It's like it's working the way it should.. something's wrong here ;)

I'm using maps5.7.0 (this is the latest I have no problems with) installed in /system and my gps.conf is taken from GSF with ntp server set to a Finnish one. Maybe I'm just beeing lucky and the reboot is still on it's way, but so far maps doesn't cause a gps reboot here with the setup mentioned. No idea why.. :unsure:

Security app requires root access? Doesn't sound very secure.

Yes it requires root, because you can enable/disable system function for all

apps like internet access or reading contacts B)

Yes it requires root, because you can enable/disable system function for all

apps like internet access or reading contacts B)

which essentially just reproduces the permissions functionality already built into cm7 (which works!)

which essentially just reproduces the permissions functionality already built into cm7 (which works!)

Yes i know that CM has this function too :lol:

But if i go to a new ROM i had to change all rights for all my apps again. Or is there a backupfunction

for the settings?

Guys, still one of the problems is the fact that MMS still does not work without resorting to the Internet, for those who do not have Internet tariff spend money ... I've tried installing APNs manually but still the same. Still no solution for this?

I recently spoke with the creator of the ROM in Portuguese Tejo based Cyanogen, this ROM have him MMS to work properly and asked him what he did to solve it, he replied:

"Well, the MMS run through a data connection that is configured through the APN. As a general rule, the Android 2.3 will only send if the Data (I mean, all APN) are active. What was done was in a Tejo "cheating" to this system, allowing the app would activate the MMS data and linking their logo to the APN, turning off immediately. "

sej7278 if it were possible to solve this problem was spectacular in the same way

wink.gif

Thanks

Do not ignore the question, answer please...

Guest targetbsp

This is already logged on the CM7 issues tracker: http://code.google.c...id=2289&q=blade

From the comments it seems to be how CM has behaved for a long time on all phone models.

I'm not entirely sure what you're expecting Sej to do about it?

Edited by targetbsp

I tested this bug today on my o2x. If data is turned off all apns are turned off (mms and supl are data, so a setting to turn off data should kill them), however if you remove your internet apn and leave the mms apn, with data turned on it should send correctly (works for me). I think settings to disable each apn type would be nice, or maybe options to disable each individual apn. I'll do more testing and look at what would work, but don't expect it fixed any time soon (unless you're going to fix it yourself). These things take time, you can't just mention a problem on a forum and expect it will be fixed a few hours later.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Quickly reminding everyone who likes to play music on their phone...

If you want to be able to change track by long holding the volume keys when the screen is on then please star it ! There is a link in my sig :)

I just found a bug (?) in the CM rom, late back to the nightlies:

If I tap on the statusbar (or pull it down) it doesn't show the date in the statusbar, although it worked in other roms (GSF, Stock roms...) it is a quite useful function which I miss :)

I just found a bug (?) in the CM rom, late back to the nightlies:

If I tap on the statusbar (or pull it down) it doesn't show the date in the statusbar, although it worked in other roms (GSF, Stock roms...) it is a quite useful function which I miss :)

it should do unless you're using one of my "plus" builds with the softbuttons enabled.