[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

uhm what bluetooth problem?

'cause my bt audio is almost not working at all - still have to keep the headset within 20cm.

does this mean though, that AVRCP 1.3 is coming to cm in the future? would be cool to see something on the display of my mw600 - or on the bluetooth car audios, if you have one..

Coming? Its already there. It just breaks things.

Your problem doesn't sound like a software issue.

For me since n171 my Bluetooth car kit would connect momentarily & then the Bluetooth symbol on the status bar would disappear & connection lost.

This behaviour cycles about every 30 seconds.

Cheers, Paul

That sounds like exactly the problem described in that revert. Only AVRCP 1.3 devices are effected and I don't have any so can't test. Do you know if your car kit uses AVRCP 1.3.

Edited by Tom G

Hey Tom G, thanks for the reply & the info.

Tried that command in the Terminal emulator with no joy (probably not supposed to :lol:)

Not to worry, glad I'm not alone & a solution should be forthcoming.

Cheers, Paul

Just checking, did you run it as root? As in

$ su

# echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment

It gives a "permission denied" error if run as user, so I guess you would've seen it.

hlubepet, I'm thinking of updating my blade to your P3Plus that's in your signature... What's the meaning of the plus?

And, on a similar subject.. I'm missing a thing: what softbuttons are? I can't find a clue! %-X

Guest yadayada

Hi.

I have a question regarding the cache partition.

The original partition layout uses around 40M, but most of the custom partition layouts use 2M.

Doesn't this limit the market apps download (file size)? I remember reading somewhere that market uses this partition as a temp location for downloading the apps.

Or does cyanogenmod rom bypass this problem by creating a symbolic link to another partition, i.e. /data, or another "trick" ?

hlubepet, I'm thinking of updating my blade to your P3Plus that's in your signature... What's the meaning of the plus?

And, on a similar subject.. I'm missing a thing: what softbuttons are? I can't find a clue! %-X

It's actually sej7278's unofficial build for testing purposes with most of the recently merged commits. It also has the new 2.6.35 kernel from gerrit review. Softbuttons are home, back, etc. buttons which you can display in statusbar if you choose to do so. See this post for some more info. You can change the softbutton settings under CM settings > Tablet tweaks.

A new patchset for the kernel is supposed to be coming soon and sej said he will make another build available then. I'd wait for this one before updating. Note that you might also need to do a full wipe with an update including the new kernel, atleast I had to.

Hi.

I have a question regarding the cache partition.

The original partition layout uses around 40M, but most of the custom partition layouts use 2M.

Doesn't this limit the market apps download (file size)? I remember reading somewhere that market uses this partition as a temp location for downloading the apps.

Or does cyanogenmod rom bypass this problem by creating a symbolic link to another partition, i.e. /data, or another "trick" ?

Yes, market is using it for it's downloads, but most if not all the recent ROMs including CM will automatically redirect cache if the partition size is smaller than XX.. don't remember how small it has to be or where it gets redirected :)

Guest ritterkeks

For me since n171 my Bluetooth car kit would connect momentarily & then the Bluetooth symbol on the status bar would disappear & connection lost.

This behaviour cycles about every 30 seconds.

Cheers, Paul

Yes, this does also happen to me, but bluetooth only crashes one time, then it connects fine - but is quite unstable after that.

Coming? Its already there. It just breaks things.

Your problem doesn't sound like a software issue.

That sounds like exactly the problem described in that revert. Only AVRCP 1.3 devices are effected and I don't have any so can't test. Do you know if your car kit uses AVRCP 1.3.

My headset uses AVRCP because it would normally display song information / caller names. But with the new bt stack it is only unstable, still no song titles...]]

Guest hlubepet

facebook notification gives me shutdown.... nice... it vibrate and then its turned off...

workaround - uninstalling facebook :-D installing friendcaster as alternative..

EDIT: it happens only sometimes...

Edited by hlubepet

facebook notification gives me shutdown.... nice... it vibrate and then its turned off...

workaround - uninstalling facebook :-D installing friendcaster as alternative..

EDIT: it happens only sometimes...

i've seen facebook and google+ give me freezes (not shutdowns or reboots - are you sure, there is a big difference) a couple of times lately.

i put it down to facebook copying everything google+ does these days :D

Guest rockstarszzzz

Running update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-2635p3plus-signed.zip, everything I use seems to work great :D

Love the smoother scrolling.

+1 and stable battery life.

Guest hlubepet

i've seen facebook and google+ give me freezes (not shutdowns or reboots - are you sure, there is a big difference) a couple of times lately.

i put it down to facebook copying everything google+ does these days :D

im sure it is shutdown.. must manually start phone :-P

Running update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-2635p3plus-signed.zip, everything I use seems to work great :D

Love the smoother scrolling.

+1. Installed from N168 with just a cache wipe :D

Hello,

coming from gsf, now running patch3 rom, very nice and smooth, but 2 bugs

-wifi stops working after 15 min sleeping, didn't try "p3plus" rom, waiting for p4...

-gps related reboot. Happens when wifi connected, google maps running, reboots when gps locks...

Obviously not overheating related, device is cold as ice when it happens!

BTW, very nice rom ;-)

Running update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-2635p3plus-signed.zip also, and i have an issue with the proximity sensors, they don't work at all, i've test them with calls and with ZTE Blade Settings trying to calibrate them, and nothing it's like they aren't even connected.

Did this happened to anyone in this build?

Guest hlubepet

Running update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-2635p3plus-signed.zip also, and i have an issue with the proximity sensors, they don't work at all, i've test them with calls and with ZTE Blade Settings trying to calibrate them, and nothing it's like they aren't even connected.

Did this happened to anyone in this build?

nope, working here....

and spoked with my 3 co-workers whos using this version and they dont have problems

Edited by hlubepet

i wonder if they're selling dodgy blades in portugal, as we seem to be seeing a lot of odd reports from there that aren't effecting anyone else.

do you have an orange san francisco or zte blade or libra or v880/u880 or what?

i've put p3+2 up, that should also fix focaltech screens, faster boot and openvpn; but if you're not having issues with p3+ then i'd rather you wait for patch4, as it uses a kernel built from github sources rather than using tom_g's prebuilt binary on gerrit.

Edited by sej7278

Guest hlubepet

So should I stay on N179 without .35 kernel and wait for patchset 4?

depends... I want everything that is new :-D but I was very unhappy with generic n179, I was on GSF before, but with new kernel and patches... Im finally happy with CM7 and staying with this for longer, the differences and feel of the system is thousand times better with newest "rom" :)

Edited by hlubepet

depends... I want everything that is new :-D but I was very unhappy with generic n179

Running cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-n179-2635p3plus2

you didn't waste much time, you really do love everything new! :D

6 downloads already and 2 of you (france and austria) are ignoring my request not to use download managers.....

Edited by sej7278

Guest hlubepet

you didn't waste much time, you really do love everything new! :D

yeah, have autorefresh on your download page :-D

Im from czech rep. I didnt use download manager

Edited by hlubepet

i wonder if they're selling dodgy blades in portugal, as we seem to be seeing a lot of odd reports from there that aren't effecting anyone else.

do you have an orange san francisco or zte blade or libra or v880/u880 or what?

i've put p3+2 up, that should also fix focaltech screens, faster boot and openvpn; but if you're not having issues with p3+ then i'd rather you wait for patch4, as it uses a kernel built from github sources rather than using tom_g's prebuilt binary on gerrit.

I have a ZTE Blade, and never had issues with the proximity censor in any of the many ROMs i've used, except maybe for a little delay in a couple of ROMs. I'll follow your advice and wait for p4, the sensor bug is not that bad.

Thanks for the replies.

Just tried Bluetooth tethering from Windows 7 computer and it has worked all right. This might prove useful to me since this desktop has no WiFi card and the USB WiFi dongle I have ain't exactly perfect...