[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Oh yeaaaaah N200 :D

-Also-

I was pondering on as to why some things, like text input boxes and the power menu can't be themed with theme chooser. I looked at thememanager.apk and themechooser.apk and nothing is ommiting certain files. Where else do I need to check?

I've only seen metamorphs for those.. unfortunately!

edit: link to an xda thread for minimalbread with a bunch of addons. This is the theme I'm using, hope some of the addon files will give you more info on how to get your phone look the way you want!

Edited by sm4tik

Even now would put it here, when you go sej7278 compile ROM with the new patch4? Would now put 2635p3plus2 but I'll wait for the new ...

patch4 is a duff for me, it reboots as soon as i turn wifi on, so i'm not uploading it, back to p3+2 :(

as the only real difference between the kernel in my p3+2 and tom_g's patch4 kernel is the battery temp patch and the cgroup stuff in the defconfig (i already added focaltech) i guess its one of those that's the culprit.

Edited by sej7278

patch4 is a duff for me, it reboots as soon as i turn wifi on so not uploading it :(

as the only real difference between the kernel in my p3+2 and tom_g's patch4 kernel is the battery temp patch and the cgroup stuff in the defconfig i guess its one of those that's the culprit.

Ok, flashing p3+2. tongue.gif

patch4 is a duff for me, it reboots as soon as i turn wifi on, so i'm not uploading it, back to p3+2 :(

as the only real difference between the kernel in my p3+2 and tom_g's patch4 kernel is the battery temp patch and the cgroup stuff in the defconfig (i already added focaltech) i guess its one of those that's the culprit.

are you sure that you cleared cache, etc...? these changes doesn't seem to affect wifi... :S

are you sure that you cleared cache, etc...? these changes doesn't seem to affect wifi... :S

yeah i wiped dalvik, i'll give it another go in the morning unless we hear something from tom_g

i suspect its the temperature fix that's causing it, triggered by turning wifi on, i didn't try gps.

edit: just reflashed (even used clockworkmod in case rommanager was playing up) and its still got the wifi reboot.

gps/bluetooth don't trigger it, and generally things seem fine, its just wifi causes a reboot every time.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Is nightly 200 slow as **** for any one else? - wiped data and dalvik.

Also the screen wont rotate, I think something killed the accelerometer

glad I made a backup of 179 right before :D

Is nightly 200 slow as **** for any one else? - wiped data and dalvik.

Also the screen wont rotate, I think something killed the accelerometer

glad I made a backup of 179 right before :D

as has been said above, n199 and 200 are totally fscked as there's no blade proprietary libs in them, so graphics for a start are going to be slow.

edit: sm4tik - did you get wifi reboots with your build of patch4 too, or did you just report what i said to gerrit? :D

Edited by sej7278

yeah i wiped dalvik, i'll give it another go in the morning unless we hear something from tom_g

i suspect its the temperature fix that's causing it, triggered by turning wifi on, i didn't try gps.

edit: just reflashed (even used clockworkmod in case rommanager was playing up) and its still got the wifi reboot.

gps/bluetooth don't trigger it, and generally things seem fine, its just wifi causes a reboot every time.

Disabling cgroups somehow causes a null pointer deref in the wifi module. Disabling cgroups in the past has almost completely fixed the GPS reboot problems, but it looks like it won't be an option for now.

Guest The_Duck

Strange bug here with p3 plus2 from Sej. Just upgrading from 179 p3 plus, I cannot see my contacts, cannot add any google account anymore. I've tried full wipe (data, cache, dalvik) with no luck. I can only add an exchange account.blink.gif

And I think this p3+2 drain little more battery on my blade, don't know why.

Really weird, I'll try to go back to simple patched 3 n179.

Check your file system space... I had same symptoms and found I had no space left. After changing my partition size to 160 MB from 138, the install of google apps was successful and I could setup my accounts.

Duck

Disabling cgroups somehow causes a null pointer deref in the wifi module. Disabling cgroups in the past has almost completely fixed the GPS reboot problems, but it looks like it won't be an option for now.

i thought i had seen cgroups in a 2.6.32 commit before, so assumed it was the temp fix that was the problem.

anyway a patch5 build is up, i've not tested it as its 5am and i only got up for a drink lol!

download

as has been said above, n199 and 200 are totally fscked as there's no blade proprietary libs in them, so graphics for a start are going to be slow.

edit: sm4tik - did you get wifi reboots with your build of patch4 too, or did you just report what i said to gerrit? :D

Tested it with a full wipe last night, just forgot to confirm it here too.

I hope the GPS reboots can be solved with cgroups, a shame it didn't work the same as with 2.6.32 :(

Guest spaceguy

Check your file system space... I had same symptoms and found I had no space left. After changing my partition size to 160 MB from 138, the install of google apps was successful and I could setup my accounts.

Duck

Would you mind telling us how you did change your system partition? Would be nice if i could do that too becouse 138 Mb is not enought anymore.

Thank you!

Would you mind telling us how you did change your system partition? Would be nice if i could do that too becouse 138 Mb is not enought anymore.

Thank you!

Just redo the tpt. Wbaw's latest version uses 160mb /system partition.

I have change partition sizes witch wbaw TPT v4 witch system partition 138MB and have 4MB free space on leatest official n179 so for me it is OK.

Edited by Simono

so the random shutdowns should be fixed in patchset5? only the GPS reboot can be a problem right?

Well, you got nothing to loose if you test it. Just download the latest sej's build, do a nandroid backup and update. If having trouble, try with a full wipe and if the problem is still there you can always restore your old setup. :)

But basically the ignore time was increased to prevent random shutdowns caused by false temp readings, so it should be more stable now.

I'll just report that wifi is ok with patchset5 so it should be at least as safe to test as the previous build from sej. Now, go grab it! :D

Edited by sm4tik

well i flashed patch5 and got a reboot have half through downloading a new google docs.

oddly enough i didn't get a reboot when trying google maps with the gps on.

both of which are kind of the opposite of what i'd expect from the new kernel lol.

edit: can't get it to reboot at all now

Edited by sej7278