[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Ok, flashed N206... Looks good, but not nearly as stable as GSF. Still, I just can't live without CM-goodies! I just keep coming back to this rom. I hope the next stabe will be out soon.

what is not stable with N206? any reboots? app forced close? did you reboot manually after flashing?

for me its stable since N127, without reboots!

P7 is getting spammed with +1's on the code review. Should be merged soon for a near future nightly I presume. :)

Are they aware of the graphical glitches (or it is not kernel related) ?

post-116040-0-28228800-1316960326_thumb. post-116040-0-73061900-1316960327_thumb.

Guest Kamikaze.

It is buggy as hell for me:

Reboots without a reason. Just did it again.

When I boot it, it thinks for a minute(cant do anything), and prompts me "LauncherProis not responding" I click wait or FC, it will reboot.

Edit: and yes, I did a clean install. Wiped.

Ill give it one more hour. If i cant fix this, I'm out.

Edit: well I could try the P7. Does themes and other CM7 stuff work on it?

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest targetbsp

What is P7?

See post 8746 on this very page. :)

Are they aware of the graphical glitches (or it is not kernel related) ?

Whether the CM team is or not I don't know. I'm not personally aware of any? What screen is that a screenshot of? It could be a fancy graphical effect messed up by the drop to 16 bit colour perhaps?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest flashprince

See post 8746 on this very page. :)

Whether the CM team is or not I don't know. I'm not personally aware of any? What screen is that a screenshot of? It could be a fancy graphical effect messed up by the drop to 16 bit colour perhaps?

Thanks!

Guest MidaMilunk

what is not stable with N206? any reboots? app forced close? did you reboot manually after flashing?

for me its stable since N127, without reboots!

All of the nightlies (up to 197) reboot for me when attaching the 1000mA car charger.

GSF, and KANG-2635 versions do not, but KANG rebooted several times during the first 24 hours I have tried it... but is was still P2. Think I am going to try both N206, and P7, but without any great expectation. Currently GSF versions are the clear winner for everyday use!

Edited by MidaMilunk

The question was not intended to you directly actually, I was only quoting the fact the patch is being approved :)

The screenshots are from the browser, bookmarks, using the p7 kang.

Guest targetbsp

All of the nightlies (up to 197) reboot for me when attaching the 1000mA car charger.

GSF, and KANG-2635 versions do not, but KANG rebooted several times during the first 24 hours I have tried it... but is was still P2. Think I am going to try both N206, and P7, but without any great expectation. Currently GSF versions are the clear winner for everyday use!

Third party chargers do cause the nightlies to reboot (not sure about the new kernel).

The patchsets were test roms and P7 fixed the reboots so yeah, older versions of it will have issues. :)

Personally I far prefer CM7 to ZTE's leak for everyday use. But this is why there's room for multiple roms to exist. Peoples opinions differ.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

The question was not intended to you directly actually, I was only quoting the fact the patch is being approved :)

The screenshots are from the browser, bookmarks, using the p7 kang.

Mine looks the same. But I don't use the stock browser so I hadn't seen it. I've not seen any other graphical issues elsewhere.

I have no idea but if I had to guess I would say it's an issue with the browsers support for 16 bit colour rather than anything related to the kernel.

When I boot it, it thinks for a minute(cant do anything), and prompts me "LauncherProis not responding" I click wait or FC, it will reboot.

It happens the same with me, I thought it was from ADW EX, but it kept doing the same thing with Go Launcher (but less times).

It still happens with the new kernel (but not so bad), and yes, all the themes still work.

Guest targetbsp

The launcher lag/redraw/wait/close thing is a gingerbread thing I think? Kicking the launcher out of ram. The issue is all over the interwebs on many different phones. When you try and tick the keep launcher in memory option on one of the launchers (might be ADW) it tells you it's no longer allowed with Gingerbread. It shouldn't be rebooting as a result of it though!

Personally I use Zeam because it's so damn small it reloads fast enough when it's made to.

This may or may not help too: http://androidnexus.com/guides/fix-home-screen-redraw-lag-in-launcherpro-and-adw-launcher

I did it myself this morning co-incidentally but I've not used the phone since so...

Guest Chris Banks

I have also noticed some graphical errors using the patches (From 5 to 7 anyway)

Noticed in dolphin browser HD and the facebook app so far.

Here is an example. Easy to reproduce using facebook app and clicking all stories top right.

(excuse the crude smudging)

post-856378-0-91477600-1316967148_thumb.

Guest Kamikaze.

The launcher lag/redraw/wait/close thing is a gingerbread thing I think? Kicking the launcher out of ram. The issue is all over the interwebs on many different phones. When you try and tick the keep launcher in memory option on one of the launchers (might be ADW) it tells you it's no longer allowed with Gingerbread. It shouldn't be rebooting as a result of it though!

Personally I use Zeam because it's so damn small it reloads fast enough when it's made to.

Well, I dont think it's a Gb related thing. It doesnt happen in GSF.

Whatever, back in GSF. I just cant stand the unstability. I think my Blade is like bad item... Everybody keep telling that their CM's works, but mine just wont. The last working nightly for me was 169(lucky number :D), the rest wont work properly.

And after all, I cant find any bugs from GSFb26, so why would i bother... Still missing themin tho...

This may or may not help too: http://androidnexus....nd-adw-launcher

I did it myself this morning co-incidentally but I've not used the phone since so...

Thanks for the tip!

Let's hope it gets better.

Please write instructions for installing kernel 2.6.35.7 (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/ # change, 7852)! I do not know where to download it to set out on ClockWorkMod СM7.

Sorry for my english rolleyes.gif

(Напишите пожалуйста инструкцию по установке kernel 2.6.35.7 (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7852) ! Я не понимаю где скачать его, чтобы установить из clockworkmod CM7 ! Извините за мой английский)

The only time I've had problems with LP, was when I restored it with Titanium Backup. Did you do a fresh install from market, or restore a backup? Just a thought, I know you're back with GSF now.

Guest targetbsp

Please write instructions for installing kernel 2.6.35.7 (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/ # change, 7852)! I do not know where to download it to set out on ClockWorkMod СM7.

Sorry for my english rolleyes.gif

That's source code. If you want a pre-compiled rom using it you can download one here (thanks to Sej) http://www.the-jedi.co.uk/downloads/cm7/

Or wait until the change is included in a nightly.

Guest targetbsp

This may or may not help too: http://androidnexus....nd-adw-launcher

I've been looking into what this does. If you download a program called auto memory manager, hit menu, running processes and group by OOM - your launcher is listed as a content provider with priority 6. Which is pretty high on the list of things to shut down to save memory.

When you make the above change, it is classed a visible application with priority 1 which has a much lower chance of being killed by the memory manager.

Amusingly, I actually saw my launcher get killed when it was priority 6, whilst I was sat in auto memory, during the writing of this post!

There is actually a setting in CM Settings that does the same thing as that local.prop thing. Settings -> CM Settings -> Performance -> lock home in memory

i've taken my patch7 kang offline, way too much bandwidth usage - with the nightlies being broken everyone seems to be hitting my server!

hopefully everyone that wants it got it or someone can mirror it, or preferably it will get merged and the nightlies sorted out.

as far as launchers FC'ing, i think thats down to slow sd cards, as launcherpro+ doesn't crash for me, it just pauses sometimes, usually just after a boot when everything hasn't quite cached into ram yet.

(Напишите пожалуйста инструкцию по установке kernel 2.6.35.7 (http://review.cyanog...om/#change,7852) ! Я не понимаю где скачать его, чтобы установить из clockworkmod CM7 ! Извините за мой английский)

Качай прошивку отсюда она с новым ядром.

А вообще лучше задавай вопросы сюда. там по русски всё же говорят.