[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mELIANTE

N179p7 merged the same things, but now its in an official Nightly, dont think that there will be any differences, except the softbuttons

And the new lockscreen style mainly.

What is the recommended size of system for stock CM7 builds w/Gapps? I have 136MB and I think it might be a little too small...

136MB is enough for me currently with sej's p7 build and gapps 201106:

/dev/block/mtdblock5    136.0M    133.8M      2.2M  98% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6    302.9M    224.5M     78.3M  74% /data

Guest targetbsp

I dunno whether it has yet exceeded 136 but I switched to 160 a while back because it was damned close!

The Gen 2 TPT thingy has been making 160mb system partitions rather than 136 for ages and you can just run it again to get more space (assuming TPT is the method you used to originally go to Gen2!)

Backup your rom in clockwork, tpt, restore your backup.

Guest lazyliam

yesterday i moved to nightly 206 today 208 wiped cache system devlik etc and same problem my home key wont go back to homescreeen are recent apps even though ive not messed with settings and then ive tried fiddling and nothing will make home key responde am i doing something wrong is it a known fault any help please?

I dunno whether it has yet exceeded 136 but I switched to 160 a while back because it was damned close!

The Gen 2 TPT thingy has been making 160mb system partitions rather than 136 for ages and you can just run it again to get more space (assuming TPT is the method you used to originally go to Gen2!)

I've used the Windows flasher, so I'll just use the different version then, or I might keep manually removing stuff from zips (like additional themes or tts languages, these are enough).

Guest targetbsp

What softbuttons?

Optional Touchscreen controls for the home,menu,back that sej adds to all his builds.

Where the hell might N207 be :rolleyes:

Nightly builds are frequently skipped.

Edited by targetbsp

Has anyone noticed, when in clockwork and flashing, with the usb cable still plugged in, and reboot after flashing n208, its hanging? :blink:

Edit: After pulling the cable it reboots and then cm7 starts normally :huh:

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest targetbsp

N208 + Gapps 20110613 is 133.4MB for me

Based on the unzipped size of the system folders, Gapps 20110828 will add another 1.37MB to that so we're getting pretty close!

Guest Sparrow1

On N208 phone hangs (and reboot after watchdog kicks in) when applying overclocking (710 MHz) in No Frills CPU Control.

Edited by Sparrow1

Guest targetbsp

Sure your phone can do 710?? Overclocking works fine for me and no-one running the patchsets reported any such issues.

You don't need to use an app, overclocking is built into CM7 under Settings -> CM Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings.

Edited by targetbsp

yesterday i moved to nightly 206 today 208 wiped cache system devlik etc and same problem my home key wont go back to homescreeen are recent apps even though ive not messed with settings and then ive tried fiddling and nothing will make home key responde am i doing something wrong is it a known fault any help please?

Doesn't work on n179 for me.

Guest Sparrow1

Thanks for hint targetbsp. Indeed my phone works well on 710 MHz when using builtin Cyanogen overclocking. Yet, No Frills CPU crashes on every change (even 600 -> 614 MHz). Do you know if applying CM7 overclocking on boot is safe in event of crash? No Frills can detect unclean shutdown and prevent overclocking from taking place (in case it was culprit). Anyway, thanks for help.

Guest fattymcdirty

would some1 be able to implement those drivers into cm7 to make the cm7 blade rom compatible to the libra?

that's the only hardware difference between the libra and the blade:

msm_camera_mt9p111.0

msm_camera_s5k5cagx.0

msm_camera_s5k5cagx_mcnex_qtech.0

would some1 be able to implement those drivers into cm7 to make the cm7 blade rom compatible to the libra?

that's the only hardware difference between the libra and the blade:

msm_camera_mt9p111.0

msm_camera_s5k5cagx.0

msm_camera_s5k5cagx_mcnex_qtech.0

What that drivers do?

I have a Libra, and d didn't notice any problem.

Hi.

I have a Gen2 OSF which I TPT'd a few months back. Storage settings on my phone lists my internal storage total space as 314Mb. I presume this means i have a small system partition? Or is there some other way I can check?

To increase the size I run the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT again? This time selecting a larger system size TPT?

I think I'm running nightly 146 at the moment and fancy trying one with the new kernal.

314MB for partition Data seems like TPT v4.

I convert to GEN2 a few months back with TPT v4 with system 136MB and have 4MB free on it after flash N208 so for now is OK. I don't delete nothing from zip because I always download and flash with ROM Manager.

Edited by Simono

Guest lazyliam

well thanks for the reply ive been watching watching the thread and there seems a few members about how seem to care on almost anything and dont seem to think my problem warrants a reply thanks anyway glad to know im not alone and my advice roll back to gsf

Guest atlantix

What that drivers do?

I have a Libra, and d didn't notice any problem.

Hi,

it seems some Libras sold as "WayteQ-ZTE Libra" (see for example Amazon.de) are equipped with camera hardware different from the one used in the Blade or in other models labelled as "Libra"... Camera is not working (as it does not in GSF and other custom roms based on the new kernel): "Cannot connect to camera". The above listed camera drivers are integrated in the stock 2.2.2 froyo rom where the camera works fine.

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for hint targetbsp. Indeed my phone works well on 710 MHz when using builtin Cyanogen overclocking. Yet, No Frills CPU crashes on every change (even 600 -> 614 MHz). Do you know if applying CM7 overclocking on boot is safe in event of crash? No Frills can detect unclean shutdown and prevent overclocking from taking place (in case it was culprit). Anyway, thanks for help.

I dunno. Traditionally you would make damn sure whatever you are overclocking is stable before setting it to always overclock on boot... :)

CM7 has a safe mode so you could presumably use that?

To increase the size I run the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT again? This time selecting a larger system size TPT?

Yeah. There aren't different sizes to choose from as such. It's just newer versions of the same utility have more system space.

Edited by targetbsp