[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest petrogazz

N208 works great for me!

Had some problems with N209, at first It was OK then suddenly I had no gsm signal.

I'm experienced a bug though (was there in 179 too).

When I have the headphones connected, I don't get ring tones from the speaker. Tried CyanogenMod settings-Sound-Always play on speaker, but I see no difference. Anybody else noticed it?

As matter of interest, what gapps did you use, the old one from June 2011, or has there been a more recent one? Just come to think of it - that could be the source of my mysterious problems with n208 rebooting randomly.... ?!

Guest Lost_Animal

sorry can i install the nightly 209 on my 165 that i'm using now? or i must do a particular wipe? usually i make wipe data and cache..can i make dalvik wipe?

thanks

Boot on Recovery (Clockworkmod)

1. Wipe Cache Partition
  2. Goto Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
  3. Goto mounts and storage and format /system
  4. Goto install Zip from sdcard and select the 209 rom you downloaded.
  5. Reboot and flash Google Apps again.

Now you have new ROM working and all of your installed APPS running fine.

This procedure saved me from alot of troubles.

Edited by Lost_Animal

Alright, installed n209, with gbapps-gb-20110829-signed.zip, overclocked to 729Mhz. (May I add, never had problems with n179 at that clocked speed)

Wiped Cache/Data, restored everything, was fine for a while.

This mysteriously froze and rebooted....

Am fingering the blame somewhere on the TAOS light/proximity sensor... as this occurred on n208 also which I posted on previous here thread #8915 and here thread #8919.

Here's the attached last_kmsg in the zip.

n209_last_kmsg.zip

Guest qwerty_29

Boot on Recovery (Clockworkmod)

1. Wipe Cache Partition
  2. Goto Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
  3. Goto mounts and storage and format /system
  4. Goto install Zip from sdcard and select the 209 rom you downloaded.
  5. Reboot and flash Google Apps again.

Now you have new ROM working and all of your installed APPS running fine.

This procedure saved me from alot of troubles.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but... didn't the latest developments bring us a new Kernel? And doesn't a kernel update require a full wipe?

EDIT: only now I've seen step 3. Goto mounts and storage and format /system

How can this result in: "Now you have new ROM working and all of your installed APPS running fine."?

Edited by qwerty_29

Guest kirkintokyo

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

After starting up the phone there is no mobile data connection, then after disabling mobile data then enabling again in the settings it works.

After reboot data is still enabled but not connectible until disabled then re-enabled.

My apn type in set to mms only as i have an expensive data plan, i use wifi for internet and mobile data for mms only.

Can anybody else repeat this bug? Or know how to edit the config so it works after reboot?

Bug is present in both 208 and 209

Also did full wipe and reinstalled rom.... no luck

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by kirkintokyo

I have question. Why if I connect wired headphones and listen the music, notification (Text, Gtalk) is played on speaker not on headphones? In Cyanogenmod Settings I don't check any of options "Alway play on speaker".

Guest targetbsp

Alright, installed n209, with gbapps-gb-20110829-signed.zip, overclocked to 729Mhz. (May I add, never had problems with n179 at that clocked speed)

Well have you tried a lower clock speed? That could have been borderline unstable speed and the new kernel is using your hardware in a slightly different way that could just be pushing it over the edge. I don't think anyone else is having a crash problem are they? So it seems a good idea to try it. :)

Only 2 days ago I had to reduce a GPU overclock on my PC which I've had stable for 6 months because a new game, not at all graphic intensive, is apparently pushing my GPU in a new way and causing it to fall over on occasion. Not a heat problem - just Slightly too high an overclock that had never shown up as an issue before.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Please correct me if i'm wrong but... didn't the latest developments bring us a new Kernel? And doesn't a kernel update require a full wipe?

EDIT: only now I've seen step 3. Goto mounts and storage and format /system

How can this result in: "Now you have new ROM working and all of your installed APPS running fine."?

Doesn't need a wipe. And you don't have to do 3. :) or 1. Or the reboot before 5 for that matter. :)

Just upgrade. It works. It doesn't need a wipe. :)

Guest MidaMilunk

it's the one with the new market = sucks.

I'd use the one from June.

How do you keep old market? I also use the jone version, but the market updates itself to the new horrible one! TBH with N208 it is as quick as I have never seen it before, but I do not dare to start it with my very limited mobile data connection.

Does anyone know why the governors for the kernel are different to the ones I have while using GSF with (I guess) the same kernel? Smartass in CM, v2 in GSF, interactive in CM,interactiveX in GSF. My personal favourite is smartassV2, it is significantly more responsive, than any of the others! Currently CM feels a little bit slower than my latest GSF.

Small problems using N208:

- booting always confuses LauncherPro. It never happen using GSF (only the A2SD apps could not be seen until I restart the launcher). I mean the widgets are not in place, there are two widgets on a single position, usually one of them looks like the one what remains after a removed application... This issue existed with most of the CM ROMs for several months.

- status bar sometimes "slow" - can not immediately follow the events, like I can not see the WiFi symbol for 10-30 secs after connecting - it is not happening all the time.

- power widget is also "slow". I use 2xbattery, it turns off the mobile data when turning off the screen, and turns back on vice versa. PW does not show the actual status of the mobile data. Well, at least not immediately.

- camera still very slow, and unzoom just before taking the picture.

Guest STREKOZZEL

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

After starting up the phone there is no mobile data connection, then after disabling mobile data then enabling again in the settings it works.

After reboot data is still enabled but not connectible until disabled then re-enabled.

My apn type in set to mms only as i have an expensive data plan, i use wifi for internet and mobile data for mms only.

Can anybody else repeat this bug? Or know how to edit the config so it works after reboot?

Bug is present in both 208 and 209

Also did full wipe and reinstalled rom.... no luck

Thanks in advanced.

I have a similar problem on n208 and n209. Mobile data connection doesn't restores after disconnecting from WiFi (Mobile data connection enabled, but no icon in status bar).

Then after enabling and disabling plane mode mobile data connection restores and works.

Edited by STREKOZZEL

N209.

I have bluetooth issue. My car always disconnects in about 1-2 seconds after connecting to phone. N179 - connectivity works fine.

P.S. 209 was installed with wipe&format everything (/data, /system, /cache, /boot).

After N179 with only wipe cache and dalvik-cache I flash N208, yesterday N209 and my BT car kit (old Sony Ericsson) works properly. Try paire again.

Edited by Simono

Guest MidaMilunk

N209.

I have bluetooth issue. My car always disconnects in about 1-2 seconds after connecting to phone. N179 - connectivity works fine.

P.S. 209 was installed with wipe&format everything (/data, /system, /cache, /boot).

I have not try 209 yet, but this issue does not happen to me with N208, if it matters.

I have issues sometimes with BT anyway... f.e. we use cars with the same type of Nokia BT car set (same names in the BT peer list). It always confuses Android, usually I have to delete all the peerings to create a new one, sometimes I even have to reboot. This also hammens with Froyo versions, GSF and CM ROMs.

Since I can not change the name, I do not even know which car set belongs to which car - but it would not be a problem, if it worked fine - but currently this is just not the case!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest Nick Rhodes

Put n209 in last night.

Battery life for low usage seems same as n179 for me, that is using approx 10% overnight whilst I sleep, same as I get with all the good 2.2 or 2.3 roms.

I have to say it does seem very smooth - even the stock launcher is smoother

I am not having any performance issues with the updated market - I am using Wifi.

At some point Google will stop maintaining the old Market, for now its OK, I suspect only as long as they maintain Froyo.

Cheers, Nick.

Guest Kamikaze.

How do you keep old market? I also use the jone version, but the market updates itself to the new horrible one! TBH with N208 it is as quick as I have never seen it before, but I do not dare to start it with my very limited mobile data connection.

I used this. You need to freeze MarketUpdater.apk with Tit Backup. The new Market is such a memory waster. I think old market is way better...

After N179 with only wipe cache and dalvik-cache I flash N208, yesterday N209 and my BT car kit (old Sony Ericsson) works properly. Try paire again.

Well, I've just wiped cache, dalvik-cache installed N209 again. Now everything seems to be good, after repairing car does not brake connection.

Downloading N210.

Edited by BurgerZ

Guest Lost_Animal

After installation of 210 i have Problems with SuperUser Bin.

Got a message that SU Bin Needs to be Updated but Update always fail on Write at /System.

Strange because Root Permissions working ok for Apps need it.

Edited by Lost_Animal