[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I think 209 is the BEST ROM tested So far.

All working without any problem any OMG really Fast.

I am running this ROM with Custom Themes and Full of GO Apps.

screenshot1316907104307.pngscreenshot1316907431664.pngscreenshot1316907466407.pngscreenshot1316907640128.pngscreenshot1316907833523.pngscreenshot1316907746822.pngscreenshot1316907362959.pngscreenshot1316907851446.pngscreenshot1316907787339.pngscreenshot1316907408025.png

This Rom is a Keeper for me....

WOOOOOOT!

please can you tell me the secret, that what are you using for this customization?

I wondering and I want it as soon as possible! :)

So please,please tell me the how can I start and download this app/things!

Thank you!

WOOOOOOT!

please can you tell me the secret, that what are you using for this customization?

I wondering and I want it as soon as possible! :)

So please,please tell me the how can I start and download this app/things!

Thank you!

What kernel does 209 have?

Guest rockstarszzzz

After installation of 210 i have Problems with SuperUser Bin.

Got a message that SU Bin Needs to be Updated but Update always fail on Write at /System.

Strange because Root Permissions working ok for Apps need it.

For me SU Binary were easily updated. No issues at all.

I would suggest though to update the SUBi after one reboot. Let everything load once first and then reboot.

PS: I din't even wipe data and cache. Only dalvik wipe and everything seems to work perfectly normal!

A tiny bit of change in 'ring lock' - but still fails to impress me. Back to tab lock.

So 210 is as stable as 179 - should I bother updating? :P

Well it seems stable so far, have no freezes/reboots since I went from 720Mhz to 691Mhz (thanks targetbsp ;) +1 from me)... it seems the kernel is not primed for the big time at the moment in terms of overclocking. :D

Just don't push the overclocking... other than that its fine :)

Edited by t0mm13b

t0mm13b, do you see any real increase in performance in gui or apps while using OC ?

Cannot say really, I use Launcher Pro, it does feel smooth though, wifi/gps works okie :)

Have not played games on it .... yet :)

Guest spaceguy

Do nothing

okey thanks, my apps won't move to ext-sd, when using s2e, why do you think this is happening ?:(

EDIT: i solved it, i had the charger connected while rebooting, i hate doing this kind of misstakes man!!

Edited by spaceguy

CM7 N209 is running great.

Only issue I ran into by now: WiFi never goes to sleep. Even when wifi-sleep-policy is set to "sleep when display is off".

Thats a bit annoying cause WiFi drains a lot of battery.

With N179 WiFi went to sleep as it should and I used "Advanced WiFi-Lock"-widget from the market to prevent this in case it was necessary.

Now I have to turn WiFi off manually which of course I dont do cause its to much work to turn off/on every time

p

Guest targetbsp

Actually, N179 didn't work as it should. N179 and earlier were broken and unable to maintain a wifi connection whilst the phone slept. The new kernel is actually the one working as intended. :) Though I have to say I am unsure why wifi sleep with display off means sleep 15 minutes after display off. Instant off on that option would keep everyone happy.

Only issue I ran into by now: WiFi never goes to sleep. Even when wifi-sleep-policy is set to "sleep when display is off".

With N179 WiFi went to sleep as it should and I used "Advanced WiFi-Lock"-widget from the market to prevent this in case it was necessary.

Now I have to turn WiFi off manually which of course I dont do cause its to much work to turn off/on every time

p

When set to "sleep when display is off", wifi will turn itself off after 15 minutes. As for the draining, even with wifi sleep policy set to "never" there's basically no drain at all! (This is when you're connected to a network, not when trying scan for an open one..)

Guest rockstarszzzz

p

I've tried 208, 209 and 210. I had GPS issues with 208, but others din't. I never had wifi issues.

For GPS issues I found out, a clean install, one reboot and then trying GPS helped.

May be try the same for WIFI and if that doesn't work, give 210 a try. 210 everything works as it should. Only massive OC makes phone hot. I had 729, played games and then reduced it to 652 and played same game - no over heat. I can live with that!

Guest targetbsp

Oh yeah, and as sm4tik says, with the wifi permanently on, it doesn't seem to touch the battery. I know it says it does in about phone but based on actual battery drain it doesn't seem to. It runs in some sort of low power mode. If you ping your phone the first ping takes ages to reply whilst the phone wakes up from some low powered state and then it's fast.

You can use an app called green power to automate wifi on and off with the screen.

I have problems with su on n210, with the binary updating. Downloaded the su fixer from the market as well but it didn't do the job either. Is there a workaround for this su updating thing.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Edited by adizz

looking at what's happening on github it seems cm 7.1.0 just went final and they didn't bother with rc2

Just noticed after repo sync'ing

Fetching projects: 100% (294/294), done.

Syncing work tree: 100% (293/293), done.

packages/apps/Superuser/: discarding 23 commits

My first reaction - are they not building the Superuser package from source anymore or are they supplying a prebuilt binary....

Sure enough, there's a prebuilt directory in packages/apps/Superuser..... :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

I can't update SUBIN for 210.

I lost my root privileges and some apps simply can't run.

Not matter what i try, writing on /system fails on SUBIN update.

Did you follow the prompts?

It's dead simple to update it! I did it on 209 and 210 - no probs!

May be reboot and retry?