[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Kamikaze.
looking at what's happening on github it seems cm 7.1.0 just went final and they didn't bother with rc2

Anyone tried this? It's not on the news page..

Sent using Tapatalk

Guest BillBong

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I haven't done a ROM update for months so it's all a bit hazy!) I can see the N210 file and I've downloaded gapps.

Do I need to apply any of the other downloads/packages listed on the first page under the N210 link (Rmmod, Calendar widget selection logic fix, Ring lockscreen .... etc etc) Are these fixes for bugs or just enhancements/optional extras?

Guest Amphoras

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I haven't done a ROM update for months so it's all a bit hazy!) I can see the N210 file and I've downloaded gapps.

Do I need to apply any of the other downloads/packages listed on the first page under the N210 link (Rmmod, Calendar widget selection logic fix, Ring lockscreen .... etc etc) Are these fixes for bugs or just enhancements/optional extras?

Those are the things that have been added since the previous build, they're already in N210.

Hello there... i have this version in my phone : cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 RC1

CM blade full 210 is it newer.....

Maybe its a silly question but i dont know thats why i'm asking :)

Thanks anyway

Edited by ispyii

Anyone tried this? It's not on the news page..

it compiles as 7.1.0 without the -RC1 bit, nothing new since n210 though other than some new version strings it seems.

post-839039-0-55608500-1317333152_thumb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Amphoras

Hello there... i have this version in my phone : cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 RC1

CM blade full 210 is it newer.....

Maybe its a silly question but i dont know thats why i'm asking :)

Thanks anyway

Yeah N210 is the latest version at the moment.

Guest ritterkeks

And now writing my post a second time... dam it.

Scrolling through the media library is incredibly fluid with n210 and playerpro.

appdrawer responsiveness was great with the new kernel, but something must have changed for playerpro.

now to my favourite topic: bluetooth :-)

bluetooth crash is gone now thanks to the alignment fix. avrcp song titles could work, but not with playerpro ("Unknown".)

With stock player, only the album title is displayed. A string like %Artist% - %Title% would make more sense I think. But still nice to have something working, what is stillmissing in android 3.2

Bluetooth also seems to be more stable with 208 and 210, I mean the connection. BUT when using a2dp audio, everything feels much slower, as if something is hogging the cpu in the background.

and then, after a few minutes playback, the device hangs, the sound is stuttering and there is no reaction to any key, not on the blade and also not on the headset. if i then switch the latter off, the blade reboots after one or two minutes.

on a side note: bluetooth tethering works great, didn't now it is so easy before someone mentioned it here!

gps seems to work, havent spent much time outside today.

subin update also worked without problems here.

Also having issues with Bluetooth on 209. Connects O.K. but listening to music is not great - stuttering every 10-15 seconds. Does not seem to be dependant on how fast the CPU is clocked i.e. performs about the same between 320 and 691 MHz.

Dev's any ideas? Which logs to post?

Today had my first Bluetooth problem, the phone could not detect any BT device around me, only worked after a restart , this happened a couple of times.

Edited by Migun

Guest Kamikaze.

I have now been using N210 for a day(very heavy use). And I got nothing to comply. It works as stable as gsf! I had a critical error in Pulse, I tought it would reboot, but after waiting a while(~30secs), it was alright. I think I will stick on N210 for some time.

Oh yeah, and as sm4tik says, with the wifi permanently on, it doesn't seem to touch the battery. I know it says it does in about phone but based on actual battery drain it doesn't seem to. It runs in some sort of low power mode. If you ping your phone the first ping takes ages to reply whilst the phone wakes up from some low powered state and then it's fast.

You can use an app called green power to automate wifi on and off with the screen.

well it touches MY battery really bad. it's set to "never".

I used to have GSF with WiFi on all night and almost no change in battery percentage.

now it drops 6-10 percent overnight with WiFi connected. and the router's 4 meters from me.

also Wi-Fi takes a lot of time to reconnect, and a few tries are needed.

post-845760-0-74411400-1317367562_thumb.

post-845760-0-81597500-1317367568_thumb.

Edited by shmizan

For those, who wants to enable softbuttons.patch in nightlies.

STEP1.

Unpack framework-res.apk from /system/framework/.

Using apktool (from here http://code.google.c...ndroid-apktool/) decompile this apk file. Instruction you'll find there.

I did it by the command:

cd /usr/local/bin

apktool d framework-res.apk

My OS is Gentoo linux, so I copied framework-res.apk into /usr/local/bin.

STEP2.

Go to the folder named "framework-res/res/values/" and open bools.xml.

In this file find and change next strings:

<bool name=cm_default_has_soft_buttons">true</bool>

<bool name=cm_default_soft_buttons_left">false</bool>

<bool name=cm_default_show_soft_home">false</bool>

<bool name=cm_default_show_soft_menu">false</bool>

<bool name="cm_default_show_soft_back">false</bool>

<bool name="cm_default_show_soft_quick_na">false</bool>

STEP3.

Save your changes in bool.xml, compile the framework-res.apk with apktool.Put your new framework file in attached zip (to \tab_mod.zip/system/framework/) and flash it with CWM (backup before flashing, just in case).Now you will have options for softbuttons in CM options menu.

Tab_mod.zip

Edited by BurgerZ

Fashed the latest cm but phone won't go past the CM7 boot screen it keeps going back to the adroid skateboard screen then the circle abd back to the skateboard.

Try to delete cache and dalvik cache before rebooting.

Guest ritterkeks

Here are dmesg&logcat for the new issue with bluetooth audio.

I played music until the system froze two times.

First time, I switched my headset to a different audio source, leaving HFP still connected. The system then un-froze and I connected again and let it play.

The second time I just switched the headset off, didn't press any buttons and waited. After a few minutes, the device was usable again.

Also, it seems I just have to start a musicplayer one time after a reboot, so that the play key will start this one, instead of trying to launch the FM radio app.

While playing music I watched CPU usage with watchdog free. While playing it was always around 50%, which seems high. But I tried playback without headset and it stayed on the same level.

When freezing, CPU usage went up to 99%, but then of course watchdog would freeze too.

Hope this can help.

When looking at the logs, I did not understand much.

But I noticed, that the AVRCP header should normally say "Artist - Title"...

bt_dmesg.txt

bt_logcat.txt

For those, who wants to enable softbuttons.patch in nightlies.

STEP3.

Save your changes in bool.xml, compile the framework-res.apk with apktool.Put your new framework file in attached zip (to \tab_mod.zip/system/framework/) and flash it with CWM (backup before flashing, just in case).Now you will have options for softbuttons in CM options menu.

That framework-res.apk remains unsigned. If you wipe data/factory reset, your phone will end up in bootloop. It works after phone is booted at least once and applied after that. IIRC this might cause problems when restoring nandroid backups too.

That framework-res.apk remains unsigned. If you wipe data/factory reset, your phone will end up in bootloop. It works after phone is booted at least once and applied after that. IIRC this might cause problems when restoring nandroid backups too.

yes if you fsck with the framework and don't sign it, you'll end up having to reflash a rom to get the phone working again.

do people really use softbuttons, i mean i enable them in my build but just think they're pointless on a tiny screen when you have hardware buttons anyway.

plus if you really want them, you need to add a request to the issues tracker.

Edited by sej7278

The softbuttons are really good! :)

If i browsing i wont miss them. And the advantage the hardwarebuttons would rested.

@sej7278

I saw in your signature, that you have compiled your own version. Did you do this for testing only or do make a new sej build for us?

Edited by Guest

Ofcourse you need to sign apk (I forgot to write it)