[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ffoxsake

i did use that...in proximity sensor it says 'waiting for event"

it never changes :(

Did you recalibrate the proximity sensor after flashing your last ROM?

Look in "ZTE Blade Settings" app and press recalibrate (without anything covering the phone sensor at top left corner)

Guest KillerMackem

So guys, I've been out of the loop of CM7 since around N100 or so. Is this 'the' ROM to get if I'm after Gingerbread? I currently use GSF and I was just wondering if the latest nightly has anything better/worse than GSF?

Guest zasten

So guys, I've been out of the loop of CM7 since around N100 or so. Is this 'the' ROM to get if I'm after Gingerbread? I currently use GSF and I was just wondering if the latest nightly has anything better/worse than GSF?

Blue tooth audio is the only issue that bothers me. Otherwise perhaps more stable than GSF IMHO.

Guest KillerMackem

I don't use Bluetooth audio. I've always liked the CM7 devs for what they do but the older nightlies just weren't stable enough for me at times. Glad to see that's changed for the most part.

Guest sm4tik

I got su FCs after going from 156 to 179+ p7. I fixed he issue by clearing su app data.

I've already cleared the app data and actually did a full wipe also (..not because of superuser). I'll play around and see if I can find a cure. The root rights are working ok, so for now it's basically just annoying to have an app that fc's on you.

Guest Mikko Rantalainen

The graphical problems are caused by using 16 bit for transparent surfaces. This wasn't enabled until one of the kernel patchsets. The move to 16 bit has increased some aspects of 2D performance considerably so I won't be disabling it, but I will see if I can do anything about the issues you have noticed.

I believe the ZTE roms also use 16 bit for these surfaces and I assume they don't suffer from the same problem, so it is likely a problem in CM7 rather than a problem in the app.

The problem sounds like either (1) the 16 bit driver incorrectly converts alpha channel (e.g. to always fully transparent or uninitialized memory) or (2) the 16 bit driver incorrectly claims to support some feature it cannot do (e.g. advertise support for 8 bit alpha when implementation only supports 1 bit alpha).

Any pointers to code that implements alpha transparency with 16 bit surfaces? I could try to review it if I have time...

Guest gavin08

I've downloaded cm blade full 213 and installed to my phone. But why isn't the a market app and why doesn't it let you add a account like gmail account?

Guest hitvan

Look in "ZTE Blade Settings" app and press recalibrate (without anything covering the phone sensor at top left corner)

ya that was one of the first thing i did

do u guys get proper reading when testing proximity sensor???

I've downloaded cm blade full 213 and installed to my phone. But why isn't the a market app and why doesn't it let you add a account like gmail account?

install gapps

Guest sej7278

install gapps

its getting old that isn't it? surely everyone on this forum (or even this thread!) knows "no market or google signup" are symptoms of no gapps by now?

Guest BillBong

I updated to N210 a few days ago. All went fine and the phone seemed faster/smoother with better battery life - so all was good. I got a replacement Sim today from my network (same network/same settings) and now I get the phone vibrating every so often on incoming and outgoing calls, so when I answer, throughout the call itself, and when I disconnect I'm getting a constant vibrate. I've checked the settings under Sound and nothing is ticked for the vibrate on answer/every 45 seconds etc.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I just reflash to N213 and see if that helps?

Guest MidaMilunk

Blue tooth audio is the only issue that bothers me. Otherwise perhaps more stable than GSF IMHO.

IMHO nothing can be more stable, GSF is at least 5 9s stable. Anyway I use N208/210/213, and these are VERY good now, absolute partner to GSF in stability, but with some extra configurable spice. Camera is still much better in GSF, but I can tell you practically no other! These ROMs are really good even for everyday use during work. Just like GSF, which still feels a very little bit faster (I can not use smartassV2 governor and LauncherPro with CM, maybe this is enough to feel this)

Guest BillBong

settings/call settings/vibrate every 45 seconds

Hi, Sorry, I meant I've already looked under under this menu. All these settings are clear. There was no issue on the original sim - this has come in only since the new sim was used. Nothing else has changed anywhere.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi, Sorry, I meant I've already looked under under this menu. All these settings are clear. There was no issue on the original sim - this has come in only since the new sim was used. Nothing else has changed anywhere.

Can you try inserting any different SIM? I am presuming the issue will still persist and that way you will find out that it's got nothing to do with the SIM but phone settings?

Guest BillBong

Can you try inserting any different SIM? I am presuming the issue will still persist and that way you will find out that it's got nothing to do with the SIM but phone settings?

Just tried an Orange sim (previous problem was with O2) and same thing happened. I've checked and re-checked and all vibrate settings are clear. It's so annoying! I'm going to wipe cache and try N213

the only problem with n208 is it makes your signature too large :D

Yea yea :P

But seriously is the 210 or the 213 any better than the 208 in performance or battery?

Guest Simono

Nightly 213 isn't appearing on ROM Manager's nightly list for me! Does anyone else see that? Is it known to have a delay?

For me too. Probably because nightly for Blade is later from nightly for other devices.

Guest dibbles

Just flashed my wife's SF with the latest nightly, b213. It seems to work fine except for the proximity sensor. It will be permanently flashing on and off all the time.

Thanks for noting that tool as I have been away from the CM7 development since around n37 or so I was not aware of it and it helped a treat and sorted out the proximity issues :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest Chris Banks

Just flashed my wife's SF with the latest nightly, b213. It seems to work fine except for the proximity sensor. It will be permanently flashing on and off all the time. If I check the setting "Always use proximity" then it will flash on and off just the same. That is when the phone is in the vertical position. If the phone is in the horizontal position it will remain lit most of the time thus helping to at least end the call.

The phone was calibrated fine on the last GSF b27 ROM using the ZTE Emode tool.

What calibration tool is suitable for the CM 7 ROM and where could it be found please..?

Thanks for any help.

You quoted exactly what you need to do in the top of your post...

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest muller37

Just flashed my wife's SF with the latest nightly, b213. It seems to work fine except for the proximity sensor. It will be permanently flashing on and off all the time. If I check the setting "Always use proximity" then it will flash on and off just the same. That is when the phone is in the vertical position. If the phone is in the horizontal position it will remain lit most of the time thus helping to at least end the call.

The phone was calibrated fine on the last GSF b27 ROM using the ZTE Emode tool.

What calibration tool is suitable for the CM 7 ROM and where could it be found please..?

Thanks for any help.

ZTE Blade stettings in app drawer. click calibrate proximity sensor and just leave it calibrate (don't cover anything)

Guest dibbles

Thanks to you both :)

I had just found the tool after just posting what I did. Like I noted I had not used CM7 for a while now and never knew that it was a part of the latest nightlies. I assumed that it was an apk that I needed to add myself.

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by dibbles