[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest petrogazz

N213 here. The only bug that I have is that when the headphones are connected, ringtones are not heard from the speaker. Tried CyanogenMod Settings=>Sound=>Always play on speaker with no luck.

This bug is there from RC1, n179, n205,n208,n210 and n213.

I'll try n215 later on.

Edited by petrogazz

Guest snowbord

Ok this may be simple but.. I am giving CM7 (N215) a go after using GSF for a long time. My partition layout is pretty much the GSF TPT (actually, it is the 7b layout by wbaw). EXT partition made by CWM 4.0.5.

My problem - I am having difficulty getting the ext3 partition to be recognised so I can restore my apps. What's the best way to get TB to recognise it? S2E's options are all ghosted out. Darktremor's scripts seem to be crashing the app drawer, which in turn crash the phone.

Here's to a good CM7 so we can move on from (the excellent) GSF.

Incidentally, camera works fine in n215 on this Blade.

Edited by snowbord

Guest rockstarszzzz

Does your cam work? I think im in 210 and my camera app just says "no camera found", or something like that... However, 3rd party camera apps still works... What tah heck?

Camera works perfectly fine in N210.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Not showing for me either. Glad to see cerberus is though! Been thinking of buying that for a while. I will do so now that Rom Manager can install it for me so I can be lazy!

Laziness is the pure reason, I keep asking if anyone else can see it in ROM Manager. I'm so used to getting nightly updates via ROM Manager. I know there are nightlies out there once I visit the forum, but cannot be arsed to download and transfer to phone.

There was ice age, there was stone age, there was teen age and now there is lazy age.

Guest snowbord

Ok to answer my own question - turns out the partition is EXT4, hence a setting in S2E had to be enabled - Mount as Ext4.

Let's see how we get on now - I did experience some root privilige errors but progress is being made.

Got a few questions..i didn't get a proper answer yet.

Can we overclock our blade's GPU? I think in gaming we are GPU limited. No performance gain after 748 mhz (CPU).

And does anyone working on the dolby sound for CM?

And what about the voltage control? I know the last 2 questions were asked but i could not find a proper andwer.

Anyway, i love CM..finally 30 FPS recording on 800x480 :)

Edited by Zunex

Guest estocks

Sorry for not reading all 458 pages (!) but I have a question. I am a user of the ZTE blade GEN1 with Japanese Jellyfish RLS9.

It's been behaving weirdly since I changed the SD card for a bigger one, TTS is buggy, WiFi is still a bit unreliable.

If I wanted to put a more modern ROM on, is CM7 the right way to go and which one should I take, a stable 7.1.0RC1 or nightly release?

Most important to me is battery life with all radios switched on, occasional web and news reading, and iGo navigation.

Thanks chaps for all the hard work in software land, and for any help you can give :)

Edited by estocks

Sorry for not reading all 458 pages (!) but I have a question. I am a user of the ZTE blade GEN1 with Japanese Jellyfish RLS9.

It's been behaving weirdly since I changed the SD card for a bigger one, TTS is buggy, WiFi is still a bit unreliable.

If I wanted to put a more modern ROM on, is CM7 the right way to go and which one should I take, a stable 7.1.0RC1 or nightly release?

Most important to me is battery life with all radios switched on, occasional web and news reading, and iGo navigation.

Thanks chaps for all the hard work in software land, and for any help you can give :)

CM7 is absolutely the way to go,you will not be disappointed.

CM7 is packed full of features,and lately the nightly builds are stable with very few problems.

Go for it man,seize the moment.

As to the best one to go with,well I am using nightly 210 at moment and all is well,but 216 has come out this morning,so upgrading now.

Ah,just noticed you say your gen1 still.

There are some all in one TPT somewhere in blade forum,not sure where,Ill take a look now...

go here: Then you can just install latest nightly.

Be sure to download latest nightly to root of sd card before doing the TPT,

not saying you would forget,but some do.lol

If you use one of wbaws TPT after the process,you will end up in clockwork recovery,flash latest nightly,and google apps,enjoy :D

Edited by Guest

At last I'm happy.

CM7 is realy good ROM

New Kernel does great.

Big thanks to TomsComputer :)

Sorry but this screen is no indicator for battery life. In the last nighlies since 179+ the standby time is awsome. So i can leave my phone 4 days in standby. Really important for comparing is the display on time. Depends on gaming / surfing behavior.

Guest snowbord

Quick question - where can I find a clean, simple fat green circle battery mod for CM7? I am having difficulty applying the Frankish themes.

Also, installing the themes via the .apk does not result in them appearing in the theme chooser..

Basically where to find and how to install themes? Thanks in advance!

Edited by snowbord

Guest targetbsp

CM7 has a battery percentage built in. Somewhere in CM settings. You're looking for status bar tweaks. It's not circular but it does the job.

If you really want circular you would be best finding an actual CM theme that uses its theme engine.

Guest Simono

Quick question - where can I find a clean, simple fat green circle battery mod for CM7? I am having difficulty applying the Frankish themes.

Also, installing the themes via the .apk does not result in them appearing in the theme chooser..

Basically where to find and how to install themes? Thanks in advance!

Tou can try build it on UOT Kitchen

Guest targetbsp

also im on n216 and only bug noticable to me atm is the home menu and back buttons are always light up

You configure that yourself under CM Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight -> Edit other levels. Any sensor range where the buttons are 255 (might be non-zero, not sure) are light ranges where the keypad backlight is on.