[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest stunned

anyone else having a problem with launcherpro+ in the last few nightlies, today i'm having to click the phone icon twice or its fc/wait/report dialog pops up when i try to make a call.

its also incredibly slow to start from boot, although it always has been pretty bad.

i wonder if its smartass2 not ramping up quickly enough from sleep.....?

No problems with LauncherPro+, I'm using N213. I tried zeam and go launcher, but after a day or so came back to LauncerPro.

Guest TigTex

Same here. But it's compared to N210.

I might be switching back to N210 in a day or so. Think I needs to go through a cycle of charging and draining to stabilise.

Same here... N216 wastes battery. If you press the menu keys the phone wakes, that means that is not in a full standby mode.

Using spareparts, 43.5% of active time instead of 0-1%

I did a full wipe, no change :(

Guest snowbord

Same here... N216 wastes battery. If you press the menu keys the phone wakes, that means that is not in a full standby mode.

Using spareparts, 43.5% of active time instead of 0-1%

I did a full wipe, no change :(

Check your governor. My phone screen came on when buttons were pressed using interactive. ondemand fixed this, although I did very little testing to guarantee that it was indeed the interactive governor causing the problem. Either way, 216 sleeps like a baby here.

Edited by snowbord

Guest stealthyboss

216 is STABLE for me completely! no bugs and sleeps instantly, i came from 209 with only cache and dalvik wipe, not upgrading now untill final lol :)

Guest TigTex

Changed from interactive to ondemand. No change at all, phone screen cames on.

Tested also with power tutor. It's "system" and "kernel" that are using the most cpu time on idle (so it's not an app...) Full wipe doesn't solve this... Problem started after updating to nightly 213

1st time I have issues like this... I have to investigate this further

Guest johannes140

216 is STABLE for me completely! no bugs and sleeps instantly, i came from 209 with only cache and dalvik wipe, not upgrading now untill final lol :)

+1.

Guest Monfro

CM7 with new kernel and latest fixes is really great!!

I am on n213 since few days and everything is working fine.

Battery life is great and performance are similar as Zte leak.

The most interesting thing is that it will improve day after day (or better..night after night)

Guest oldfella

in the process of switching from GSF - I have a 140MB partition and note the rom is 132MB + Gapps will take it over

I usually delete the stuff I dont want from the ROM before flashing, such as wallpapers, FM, browser (I use opera), and so on

and put launcher pro plus a few other things in the rom

is it OK to do this with CM7 ?

thanks .. Mike

Guest mpx200'05

Comming from GSF 27 (since b4) I've noticed some bugs: reception is a little less. I've lost some conversations today. And the movie's from m.nos.nl will not play (also not with wifi).

Battery life is comparable for now.

Guest lazyliam

i just dont understand all the recent nightlies have no lockscreen for me when i wake the phone it just wakes excatly where it were when i press power button which in itself i can live with but my home home button wont respond at all wont go to homescreen are get recent apps up. On RC1kang7 version it all runs fine no problems ive wiped everything if it makes a difference when i use button saviour even home on that doesnt work lol any help much appreciated

Guest rockstarszzzz

i just dont understand all the recent nightlies have no lockscreen for me when i wake the phone it just wakes excatly where it were when i press power button which in itself i can live with but my home home button wont respond at all wont go to homescreen are get recent apps up. On RC1kang7 version it all runs fine no problems ive wiped everything if it makes a difference when i use button saviour even home on that doesnt work lol any help much appreciated

Check if in cm settings, under lockscreen its disabled or not. Also check under tablet tweaks

Guest Silpion

Hi there,

I just observed something weird. Today, I updated from N85 to N217 and had severe problems:

• "Manage Applications" resulted in an instant force close
  • Installing an App rebooted the phone (immediately after downloading was complete, it jumped directly to the blue CyanogenMod logo without displaying the green android)

Since no one else seems to have these issues I probably did something wrong, unfortunately I don't know what. The phone has been converted to Gen2 by wbaw's TPT (containing ClockworkMod 3.0.2.7), later N85 was installed without problems. Today, I installed N217 with newer gapps and used every wipe-option from ClockworkMod.

The only thing that solved it was using the factory reset from within the ROM.

Is it possible that wiping from the ROM deletes more than ClockworkMod?

Edit:

Out of curiosity I did another factory reset and the problems are back.

Any ideas?

Edited by Silpion

Guest bzzzzt

CyanogenMod 7.1.0 is due this weekend as it's being released at the Big Android BBQ. Nightlies will resume after.

Sadly the recent fixes that Tom has pushed won't make 7.1.0.

any news on this, sir fibblesan? still can't find any new stable release

anyone else having a problem with launcherpro+ in the last few nightlies, today i'm having to click the phone icon twice or its fc/wait/report dialog pops up when i try to make a call.

its also incredibly slow to start from boot, although it always has been pretty bad.

i wonder if its smartass2 not ramping up quickly enough from sleep.....?

smartass2 isn't included yet (unless you built your own kernel). I've added the patch to the kernel source, but haven't submitted a new kernel binary yet. When it is included it won't be the default governor, so it still wouldn't have an effect unless you manually select it.

There should be a new kernel binary submitted in the next few days that will add it.

any news on this, sir fibblesan? still can't find any new stable release

Stable release has been delayed. I'm not sure when it will be up.

Guest targetbsp

This has been the case as long as I can remember but I keep forgetting to ask. I tend to run my phone in 2g mode but whenever I reboot it losses that setting and goes to 3g. Is that intended behaviour? I don't remember the froyos doing that.

Guest Quadje

Nice rom, but sometimes apps are crashing, and the applist is laggy, even the browser.

GSF ROM works well with that, but i dont know if its a known issue..

Guest The_Duck

Upgraded to N216 last night from N179P7.

I have been having issues with MMS not sending or receiving and figured maybe a newer build might assist.

I am still having issues with MMS messages even on the newer build. I am using the following settings from AusDroid:

Optus – MMS

• Name: Optus MMS
  • APN: mms
  • Proxy:
  • Port:
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server:
  • MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
  • MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
  • MMS Port: 8070
  • MMS Protocol (Android 2.1+): WAP 2.0 <---------- CM7 does not appear to have this setting as an option
  • MCC: 505
  • MNC: 02
  • Auth Type: PAP
  • APN Type: mms

These settings have been confirmed as correct by Optus (except the setting it doesn't have). I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with one of the Optus techies trying to get MMS to work properly, with no joy. What happens is everything appears to get set to go but the message just sits there saying "Sending..." and never goes.

I don't use MMS that often. The last version I remember MMS working properly was probably in the N15X or early N16X builds.

If I remember the timeline correctly, I switched to GSF B21 after having issues with GAPPS not installing correctly (which I later discovered was due to partition size). When I switched back, after a full wipe/reset there were no APN's in the list, and I had to create my own (with assistance from Optus tech support again).

Any Aus bladers out there on Optus with working MMS ??

Any one have any thoughts on what could be causing grief ?

Duck

Guest sej7278

smartass2 isn't included yet (unless you built your own kernel). I've added the patch to the kernel source, but haven't submitted a new kernel binary yet. When it is included it won't be the default governor, so it still wouldn't have an effect unless you manually select it.

There should be a new kernel binary submitted in the next few days that will add it.

Stable release has been delayed. I'm not sure when it will be up.

yes i built my own kernel from your github and selected smartass2 as the govenor. i'm not convinced that's the problem, launcherpro+ is known to be the slowest launcher from boot, i'll keep an eye on it, i'm trying keeping homescreen in memory for now.