[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest TigTex

GEN 2 are the zte blade's that came with android 2.2 preinstalled (gen1 uses android 2.1). It has a different radio firmware so it's not compatible with gen1 rom's.

Huawai is not related to this... don't try this rom's on it.

Guest awsom50

Hello everyone. I have problem updating to latest nightly. I am currently with nightly 213 and I wanted to upgrade it to the most recent version - I installed it from the recovery then wiped dalvik cache and all my programmes that were on ext3 partition were gone. Then I tried not to wipe dalvik cache after the install - same thing happend. Could you help me?

Guest kirkintokyo

Upgraded to N216 last night from N179P7.

I have been having issues with MMS not sending or receiving and figured maybe a newer build might assist.

I am still having issues with MMS messages even on the newer build. I am using the following settings from AusDroid:

Optus – MMS

• Name: Optus MMS
  • APN: mms
  • Proxy:
  • Port:
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server:
  • MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
  • MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
  • MMS Port: 8070
  • MMS Protocol (Android 2.1+): WAP 2.0 <---------- CM7 does not appear to have this setting as an option
  • MCC: 505
  • MNC: 02
  • Auth Type: PAP
  • APN Type: mms

These settings have been confirmed as correct by Optus (except the setting it doesn't have). I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with one of the Optus techies trying to get MMS to work properly, with no joy. What happens is everything appears to get set to go but the message just sits there saying "Sending..." and never goes.

I don't use MMS that often. The last version I remember MMS working properly was probably in the N15X or early N16X builds.

If I remember the timeline correctly, I switched to GSF B21 after having issues with GAPPS not installing correctly (which I later discovered was due to partition size). When I switched back, after a full wipe/reset there were no APN's in the list, and I had to create my own (with assistance from Optus tech support again).

Any Aus bladers out there on Optus with working MMS ??

Any one have any thoughts on what could be causing grief ?

Duck

I Have the same problem with with MMS only apn too...

I've notived that if i disable mobile data then re-enable it again, MMS's will send and receive just fine,but that has to be done after every reboot.

I love cyanogenmon and apart from this it is buggless for me... I hope it gets fixed soon

Edited by kirkintokyo

Guest MidaMilunk

Power widget is not always up to date... If I change stg from other source (notification pw, or quick settings, or even 2xbattery) the main pw does not reflect the changes (at lest neighter immediately, nor in a few seconds). Anyone experiences the same?

Other problem: I use oldmarket apk. Yesterday the market caused reboot (by watchdog, so there were actually freezes) 2 times in sequence. Anyone having similar problem? I am going to copy this also into the oldmarket topic...

GSF versions do not suffer this. There is no notification pw, but quick settings, and 2xbattery does not interfere.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest snowbord

Power widget is not always up to date... If I change stg from other source (notification pw, or quick settings, or even 2xbattery) the main pw does not reflect the changes (at lest neighter immediately, nor in a few seconds). Anyone experiences the same?

GSF versions do not suffer this. There is no notification pw, but quick settings, and 2xbattery does not interfere.

Confirmed - JuiceDefender when activating / disabling data connection results in the power widget not changing status. I presume the same happens for the wifi button.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Issues with titanium back up anyone?

Titanium back up installs fine, but when I try to uninstall any app in N216 or N217 - it freezes. It doesn't uninstall anything, pressing home button few times resumes phone to normal. But even after giving it about 15 minutes, no uninstallation took place. You might have gathered that I'm trying to uninstall system apps. However, on trying to uninstall the apps I installed from market, same thing keeps happening to me.

Guest mobile579

Issues with titanium back up anyone?

Titanium back up installs fine, but when I try to uninstall any app in N216 or N217 - it freezes. It doesn't uninstall anything, pressing home button few times resumes phone to normal. But even after giving it about 15 minutes, no uninstallation took place. You might have gathered that I'm trying to uninstall system apps. However, on trying to uninstall the apps I installed from market, same thing keeps happening to me.

Titanium Backup Preferences - App Processing Mode - Auto, Indirect (If you have problems)

I need this option selected or Restores etc do not work they just hang as you describe. With this option everything works normally.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Titanium Backup Preferences - App Processing Mode - Auto, Indirect (If you have problems)

I need this option selected or Restores etc do not work they just hang as you describe. With this option everything works normally.

Thanks for that tip!

Did that - still froze! Perhaps after changing the settings, I need to reboot and re-try?

But now after few minutes of freezing, it gives me an option to force close or wait. - so that's a change

Guest targetbsp

I always uninstall about 30 system apps after rom update and I did so with no issues in N216

I have the pro version though because the non-pro version used to hang lots for me in the Froyos

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rockstarszzzz

I always uninstall about 30 system apps after rom update and I did so with no issues in N216

I have the pro version though because the non-pro version used to hang lots for me in the Froyos

I've got the pro version too, so perhaps something wrong at my end. I wish I had got the .zip and removed the .apks but I always keep thinking if I remove a wrong one, I won't get to boot it!

Any other programs you might know of that will do the same job? It restored all the apps fine and fast on N217

Guest awsom50

Hello everyone. I have problem updating to latest nightly. I am currently with nightly 213 and I wanted to upgrade it to the most recent version - I installed it from the recovery then wiped dalvik cache and all my programmes that were on ext3 partition were gone. Then I tried not to wipe dalvik cache after the install - same thing happend. Could you help me?

Anyone?

Guest Simono

What app You uninstall? 30 :blink:

Guest tsddave

Anyone?

Doesnt sound right to me. I think perhaps you did something else that you dont recall or there is something up with your sd card.

I had an sd card go down on me right after a rom upgrade.

Guest Monfro

Confirmed - JuiceDefender when activating / disabling data connection results in the power widget not changing status. I presume the same happens for the wifi button.

Quick Settings, Juice Defender and similar programs turn off data by changing the apn (usually with a -), but to work they always need the data connection in the settings to be active. If you want notification power widget to work correct, don 't use other programs to turn off and on data.

No problems here with Titanium Backup Pro or Launcher Pro Plus.

I remember that Widgetsoid (and maybe other programs) slowed down the program after boot, and make the interface freeze after boot, but after that Launcher pro Plus was ok.

I suggest to remove widgets and quicklink to find the one that gives problems

Guest Jacky444

GEN 2 are the zte blade's that came with android 2.2 preinstalled (gen1 uses android 2.1). It has a different radio firmware so it's not compatible with gen1 rom's.

Huawai is not related to this... don't try this rom's on it.

Aaah, Thanks for clear answer !

Upgraded to N216 last night from N179P7.

I have been having issues with MMS not sending or receiving and figured maybe a newer build might assist.

I am still having issues with MMS messages even on the newer build. I am using the following settings from AusDroid:

Optus – MMS

• Name: Optus MMS
  • APN: mms
  • Proxy:
  • Port:
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server:
  • MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
  • MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
  • MMS Port: 8070
  • MMS Protocol (Android 2.1+): WAP 2.0 <---------- CM7 does not appear to have this setting as an option
  • MCC: 505
  • MNC: 02
  • Auth Type: PAP
  • APN Type: mms

These settings have been confirmed as correct by Optus (except the setting it doesn't have). I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with one of the Optus techies trying to get MMS to work properly, with no joy. What happens is everything appears to get set to go but the message just sits there saying "Sending..." and never goes.

I don't use MMS that often. The last version I remember MMS working properly was probably in the N15X or early N16X builds.

If I remember the timeline correctly, I switched to GSF B21 after having issues with GAPPS not installing correctly (which I later discovered was due to partition size). When I switched back, after a full wipe/reset there were no APN's in the list, and I had to create my own (with assistance from Optus tech support again).

Any Aus bladers out there on Optus with working MMS ??

Any one have any thoughts on what could be causing grief ?

Duck

The Optus APNs work fine for me on TPG. Are you an Optus customer or using one of the resellers (TPG, Virgin, etc). Years ago on Virgin I occasionally had issues using Optus APNs (but they were still more reliable than using Virgin's own APNs).

Edit. Just noticed your settings are different. I have

Proxy 202.139.83.152

Port 8070

Authentication None

Those are the defaults in CM7. Have you changed it?

Edited by Tom G

Guest hugobosslives

This has been the case as long as I can remember but I keep forgetting to ask. I tend to run my phone in 2g mode but whenever I reboot it losses that setting and goes to 3g. Is that intended behaviour? I don't remember the froyos doing that.

@targetbsb

that is very strange. mine has always (and has on other roms as well) remembered to stay as I left it........

Guest rockstarszzzz

The Optus APNs work fine for me on TPG. Are you an Optus customer or using one of the resellers (TPG, Virgin, etc). Years ago on Virgin I occasionally had issues using Optus APNs (but they were still more reliable than using Virgin's own APNs).

Edit. Just noticed your settings are different. I have

Proxy 202.139.83.152

Port 8070

Authentication None

Those are the defaults in CM7. Have you changed it?

@targetbsb

that is very strange. mine has always (and has on other roms as well) remembered to stay as I left it........

On that note - why does CM7 not have option to select between GSM and WCMA or somethin of that sort? Noticed in stock, debranded froyos and other gingerbreads

On that note - why does CM7 not have option to select between GSM and WCMA or somethin of that sort? Noticed in stock, debranded froyos and other gingerbreads

2G = GSM. 3G = WCDMA.