[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Amphoras

Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. You are right, I got my partition size by using a Gen1 to Gen2 TPT. Can I simply apply the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip using clockwork recovery to change my partition size or do I have to pay attention to anything else?

You need to unzip it onto your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" on the root of the sdcard with a load of files inside it. Check the files match the md5sums in the nandroid.md5 file using the app in my signature or AFV from the market. If they match then you can start the TPT by turning off your phone. Then turning it back on holding vol+. You should see green text on the screen then it should boot into recovery and you can flash a rom. If you try and use the zip from Clockwork, it won't work.

Guest julianpaul

Anybody having problems with DSP Manager crashing in N210?

A couple of my mp3s crash the DSP Manager in the middle of play. This is repeatable, always the same files, always in the same place. Different DSP settings do not seem to affect this and I never had any problem playing these files in other ROM's.

I'm on nightly 213 and i have a dsp manager crash EVERY time viber connects on a call. Haven't full wiped though, only dalvik, so maybe that could be a reason.

Edited by julianpaul

Guest Chris Banks

I'm on nightly 213 and i have a dsp manager crash EVERY time viber connects on a call. Haven't wiped though, only dalvik, so maybe that could be a reason.

Try wiping just DSP managers data in manage applications.

Or try freezing it with Titanium backup if you dont actually want it.

If not, I would recommend a clean install.

Guest KuNgZi

my wifi result is: 4Mbit/s down and 1Mbit/s up BUT

my brother's result is: 16Mbit/s down and 10Mbit/s UP (HTC Desire HD)

cm 7 is wrong wifi driver or what?

Guest Richard_Arkless

my wifi result is: 4Mbit/s down and 1Mbit/s up BUT

my brother's result is: 16Mbit/s down and 10Mbit/s UP (HTC Desire HD)

cm 7 is wrong wifi driver or what?

What does your router support, b, g or n ?

The desire HD is wireless n capable so if the router is also wireless n then naturally it would get better speeds, while the zte blade is wireless g

As well as this the zte blade probably uses cheaper parts so that could also be a factor

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest targetbsp

A fix for ringtone audio routing has been merged. not something that affects me in my usage but I've seen a few comment in here about it in the past so may be useful info to someone!

Guest julianpaul

Try wiping just DSP managers data in manage applications.

Or try freezing it with Titanium backup if you dont actually want it.

If not, I would recommend a clean install.

Tried clearing data for dspmanager and i think that fixed it! only did limited testing because not many of my viber contacts are available!

thanks for the suggestion mate!

Guest sej7278

anyone having a problem with google+ lately? i've just had it reboot my phone about 4 times in a row, and it seems its just google+ as facebook, twitter, market etc. are fine.

perhaps i'll try the icecreamsandwich leaked apk anyone tried it yet?

then again, since schmidt had this "identity service" rant, google+ is dead anyway :(

edit: plusone.apk won't install

Edited by sej7278

Guest KuNgZi

What does your router support, b, g or n ?

The desire HD is wireless n capable so if the router is also wireless n then naturally it would get better speeds, while the zte blade is wireless g

As well as this the zte blade probably uses cheaper parts so that could also be a factor

I have got g router, but the 2.2 custom roms are good. when the 2.2 rom is on the phone, my result was about: 12Mbit/s down and 9-10Mbits/s up

so, I don't understand

So we've got nightly 220 plus.....

This one is working very smooth for me, thanks! GPS, WI-FI, BT, DSP manager all work fine. Performance and battery use seems to be very good so far. Angry birds lags rarely, almost only when fetching ads.

MIUI-like battery bar works fine with the default themes, but not with other themes (e.g. CM7 themes from xda forums.

The difference between this and the original 2.1 ROM is amazing. Like different hardware!

Guest sej7278

i've had to take my n220+ down, 35gb in under a day is taking the mickey :D

412 downloads plus 23 people who don't understand "no download managers".

if anyone else wants it, maybe someone can mirror it. md5sum: b4dcc98ce9bbc4da6d059c9036c116ce

Guest jesuita

Hello.

Installed N200 but it isnt using my ext3 partition...(i cant see it on Titanium Backup) does it have add2sd enabled? Do i need to do something else? It was working correctly on GSF Oo

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by jesuita

Guest The_Duck

The Optus APNs work fine for me on TPG. Are you an Optus customer or using one of the resellers (TPG, Virgin, etc). Years ago on Virgin I occasionally had issues using Optus APNs (but they were still more reliable than using Virgin's own APNs).

Edit. Just noticed your settings are different. I have

Proxy 202.139.83.152

Port 8070

Authentication None

Those are the defaults in CM7. Have you changed it?

Hi Tom,

When I flashed N179 (i think) after coming from GSF B21, there was no APN for anything, internet or data.

I had to call Optus to get the details from them to get it all set up.

I have changed my settings to the ones you provided above but I still get no joy. Does it matter if I am not on a consumer plan ? ie a corporate plan for my SIM.

The support guy at Optus when I was troubleshooting about a week ago was telling me that it appears as though my MMS message is trying to go over the internet connection but it never actually goes.

Also... is there a way to delete APN's ? I can't see one and when I long press on an APN in the list it just opens it.

Duck

Guest José Bernardo

i've had to take my n220+ down, 35gb in under a day is taking the mickey :D

412 downloads plus 23 people who don't understand "no download managers".

if anyone else wants it, maybe someone can mirror it. md5sum: b4dcc98ce9bbc4da6d059c9036c116ce

Have you tried multiupload? Since I don't have an hosting server I've been using it for my N1 MIUI ROMs, and it works well - and doesn't cost me a dime.

Guest IPB_Refugee

Installed N200 but it isnt using my ext3 partition...(i cant see it on Titanium Backup) does it have add2sd enabled? Do i need to do something else? It was working correctly on GSF Oo

Hi,

you will have to install s2e (simple2ext) or darktremor's apps2sd script (don't know which is better) and in Cyanogen settings you will have to choose "internal" as location where apps should be installed. Then reboot and the apps will be transfered to the sd-ext partition.

Link to s2e on the market: https://market.andro...d=ru.krikun.s2e

Hope it helps smile.gif

Wolfgang

Guest IPB_Refugee

Is this the Final version or is there going to be a Final after this one?

Hi,

this is not the "final" version but the latest stable version. Hopefully they will continue to develop CyanogenMod so that there will never be a "final" version. (Nonetheless some devices will see final versions when nobody uses them anymore.)

Go and get 7.1! smile.gif

Wolfgang

Guest petrogazz

7.1 stable runs fine (like the latest nightlies). They finally fixed the ringtones issue when handsfree is plugged in, ringtones play through speaker normally now. Good job!!!