[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ffoxsake

Doesn't work for me at all. I have an old gen-1 with oled.

As the title of this thread says, this is for GEN 2 only........ you'll need to TPT over to GEN 2 first.

"Use the Search, Luke".

Guest snowbord

Serj's KANG 220+ version is sweeet!! Love the soft button functionality - so cool to add a 'search' function, OSX style to the top-right!

Battery progress thing is good, integrating the Blade settings into the menu is great! I have yet to get the LED notifications running. . but WOW! What an awesome ROM!

Are the LED notifications configured to activate automatically with common apps? Do they need configuring?

I downloaded it here;

http://www.wupload.c...plus-signed.zip

Thanks for the multiupload link. ;)

Edited by snowbord

Guest targetbsp

Ummh, could somebody explain me, what does the led notifications do? I tried them out, but they didnt work as I supposed... Sorry for this 'noobish' question :)

They're only in Sej's build atm (or any other self builds that include them)

Not in 7.1 or nightlies yet.

Has anyone noticed glitches at the bottom of Google Latitude 'check in' scrolling list when 16bpp_alpha is on?

That's why it's optional. :) Some stuff doesn't look right.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

??

Anyone?

It won't hurt!

I can't give a yes or no cause I haven't worked out yet under what circumstances you need to. But it does no harm to do it always.

Guest snowbord

I understand 16bit alpha is optional hence I am reporting it so it can get looked into. Furthermore, hasn't it been submitted to CM7 that this should be enabled by default?

http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8646

It looks as if it is about to get approved, which is great, but surely these reported glitches should be resolved first. Having said that, if it is the odd exception rather than the rule, it may not be such a big problem.. but it still needs to get resolved.

Edited by snowbord

Guest targetbsp

I understand 16bit alpha is optional hence I am reporting it so it can get looked into. Furthermore, hasn't it been submitted to CM7 that this should be enabled by default?

http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8646

It looks as if it is about to get approved, which is great, but surely these reported glitches should be resolved first. Having said that, if it is the odd exception rather than the rule, it may not be such a big problem.. but it still needs to get resolved.

That's what I meant. It's already known it's an issue. And that's *why* it's optional. I wasn't saying it doesn't matter because it's optional. :)

http://android.modac...ost__p__1815398

[edit]

I'm guessing you're thinking this is a newer feature than it is? It was simply on, no choice, since N206 and has only been optional since N216. The change is only to fix the default behaviour to match before it was optional. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Hiya,

I'm running nightly 221 and when I make a call the screen goes blank and never comes back on.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Cheers

Press menu, settings, ZTE blade settings and click both sensors calibrations.

That's it

Hiya,

I'm running nightly 221 and when I make a call the screen goes blank and never comes back on.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Cheers

Open ZTE Blade Settings app, hit "calibrate proximity sensor" (don't cover the sensor), wait until you get a "calibrated" confirmation dialog and you're done.

edit: @rean22, that's currently with sej's build only

Edited by sm4tik

Guest snowbord

Absolutely love (sej's) CM7.1. Awesome ROM!!

I got some Evernote reboots the other day when trying to take a snapshot. How stable are you finding the camera?

Guest AdrianoPL

still having problem with headset - when it is pluged in i cant get sound notofications (incomming calls/sms) going through speaker - any fix for it? i was off for some time on this forum (dropped around 320th page of this thread :)) and lost track a bit :)

Guest AdrianoPL

still having problem with headset - when it is pluged in i cant get sound notofications (incomming calls/sms) going through speaker - any fix for it? i was off for some time on this forum (dropped around 320th page of this thread :)) and lost track a bit :)

Guest Kamikaze.

They're only in Sej's build atm (or any other self builds that include them)

Not in 7.1 or nightlies yet.

That's why it's optional. Some stuff doesn't look right.

I'm using Sej's rom.

Guest targetbsp

I'm using Sej's rom.

You said they didn't work as you supposed. What are you expecting them to do? What happens is the notification led stays on (solid) whilst the phone sleeps so you know you've missed something. I've so far only texted texts in patchset 6. I can't yet speak for any other type of notification, nor can I speak for the patchset 4 included with Sej's rom.

I see it's up to patchset 7 now!

Edited by targetbsp

In some of the ROMS (like the CAE rom that I mentioned) there is an additional non google account called My Calendar, which has a single calendar under it. That Calendar is local to the phone, in the sense that it's data does not get synced up to the web.

I'd like to see the same kind of local calendar on my CM7 rom.

+1

Guest damjan006

So far using Sej's 220+ the phone is running brilliantly. I also noticed a big bump in terms of graphical performance going from n118 odd to this, in Quadrant, the planet graphic benchmark runs at 60fps, compared to 45fps. The DNA helix use to run around 7fps, but now at 14fps.

Wifi stays connected in sleep in low power mode with correct wifi policy, without the need for an active SIP account, so overall extremely pleased. Nobody should really bother making another rom, as it simply can't touch what this rom has done. Even if ZTE released 3.0, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot barge pole. I have waited months for a rom that does everything, and I'm pleased to say it's here.

The only bug I have encoutered is LED notification is not working with Facebook, it will alert you still via audio, but no LED will show. I have thrown everything at it, in terms of Whatsapp, Yahoo, MSN ect, and this is the only program it's not working for. Due to how terrible FB is on Android, It could very well be the app itself.

Edit: Forgot to mention, love the option to turn off vibration when someone answers a call.

Have you tried the facebook settings menu ? It has a option to set led notification to ON state. By the way it's a f***d up aplication, I agree with you here.

Guest rockshu

helo all,

i am in a soup. its been more than a week now.

i must say before hand mine is a gen 1 to gen 2 upgrade zte blade which came with android 2.1 , then was upgraded to japanese jellyfish, 2.2 then since cm7 for 2.3. i have been using the stable and then for the past couple of months, nighties --almost daily.

so recently i got the new market update, automatically. it worked for a couple of days and then suddenly while i could still access it i was not able to download anything. the download loading buffer was stuck. so i decided to first wait for another day, get the new nightly but it didn't help. this was around when nightly 213 was released.

so i reverted it back to old market using an app found on xda developer forum but that didn't help either. so i wiped data , cache, dalvik cache and put first cae 1.3, then aosp (gingerbread vanilla rom) , still no luck with market, both new and old on each .

so i waited as i thought 7.1.0 stable will be released soon. that might fix it. meanwhile i also followed all the methods , even google faq of clearing ache , sign in and out of g talk etc. nothing helped.

today i installed 7.1.0 stable after full data wipe(not sd card) , i was on nightly 220(whichever is the latest one). after installing the stable again, i had the new market , it didn't work again.

i really don't know what to do. i have even logged on the market's web interface , checked and confirmed that all settings are all right, all my apps that i have purchased exist etc. my accounts working fine because on all above mentioned rom's and nighties i was able to sync contacts etc.

the market has not worked, at all. i can open it, search for apps. as soon as i try downloading, the progress bar goes on with a message after along time that download has failed etc.

please help. i need to get my market working once and for all. cheers.

please help

Guest popoyaya

Anyone know how to stop all your apps from re-installing when you go to a new rom? I want to intall sej's new build and start with a "vanilla" experience.

Guest cool400

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Hmmmm...where can I download your famous ROM, sej7278?

The link in your signature only leads to your server, but there are only two files (readme.html and softbuttons.patch)!

Am I doing something wrong?

And to all of you: do you recommend this ROM, or is there an alternativ?

Best regardsa and thanks for your good work, sej

cool400 B)