[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Open ZTE Blade Settings app, hit "calibrate proximity sensor" (don't cover the sensor), wait until you get a "calibrated" confirmation dialog and you're done.

edit: @rean22, that's currently with sej's build only

Brill, thanks for that

Guest targetbsp

how can i stop soo big battery drain ? 10min of game -5% on 604MHz

Play for longer. You can't accurately gauge battery drain accurately over such a short period of time. I can do 4.5 hours gaming from 100% to 1%. Min brightness OLED screen, 729mhz overclock, wifi on, 2g.

it's normal for all roms on ZTE ? or CMN is worst ?

All Blade roms achieve the same gaming battery life for me.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest PhenomHTX

Play for longer. You can't accurately gauge battery drain accurately over such a short period of time. I can do 4.5 hours gaming from 100% to 1%. Min brightness OLED screen, 729mhz overclock, wifi on, 2g.

All Blade roms achieve the same gaming battery life for me.

Thanks for info, i stay on CMN :-)

Are the LED notifications configured to activate automatically with common apps? Do they need configuring?

They will automatically be used, but most apps will default to green. In cyanogenmod settings you can select different colours for them.

still having problem with headset - when it is pluged in i cant get sound notofications (incomming calls/sms) going through speaker - any fix for it? i was off for some time on this forum (dropped around 320th page of this thread :)) and lost track a bit :)

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Sound and select the ringtone always play on speaker option. It will work in the 7.1 release, but may not have been included in sej's 220+.

Edited by Tom G

i've just moved from GSF to CM7 7.1 finally

generally most things appear to working well so far

solved:

- Coming from GSF I had some crashes at first. Those got solved by applying wbaw's TPT method to repartition /system from 140mb to 160mb. (please note: "Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip" worked altough I had already moved from gen1 to gen2 before via TPT. meaning: although my device was gen2 already at the time of repartitioning, it worked)

- I had some trouble with gapps, but eventually it worked with gapps-gb-20110815-signed

- I noticed that launcherpro feels smoother than adw-launcher

still a problem:

- forgive me if I'm not entirely up2date on the topic. but i was really hoping that CM7 would fix the audio-not-routing-to-earpiece-problem in skype. unfortunately the problem still persists. are there any workarounds?

Guest petrogazz

still having problem with headset - when it is pluged in i cant get sound notofications (incomming calls/sms) going through speaker - any fix for it? i was off for some time on this forum (dropped around 320th page of this thread :)) and lost track a bit :)

Have you tried "CyanogenMod settings>Sound>Always play on speaker" checked ???

Edited by petrogazz

Guest jesuita

Problem: can't install anything from market, whatever app i try to install it says "Error while downloading "Youtube" (p.e). There is unsufficient space on the device.

All i did so far was to install last stable release and Darktremor A2SD.. (maybe this is the cause?)

Edited by jesuita

Guest popoyaya

Anyone know how to stop all your apps from re-installing when you go to a new rom? I want to intall sej's new build and start with a "vanilla" experience.

Maybe got to https://market.android.com/ login and have a tidy up?

There is actually no way to remove apps from "My Library" on the Android Market website.

Guess I'll have to manually uninstall every single app from my phone before flashing the new rom, unless anyone knows a quicker way of doing it?

Guest jesuita

There is actually no way to remove apps from "My Library" on the Android Market website.

Guess I'll have to manually uninstall every single app from my phone before flashing the new rom, unless anyone knows a quicker way of doing it?

Before flashing the new rom go to settings - privacy - and remove the checked squares "Back up my data" and Automatic "Restore". Should stop it from restoring the apps.

Guest Amphoras

When it asks you if you want to restore from your Google account during the setup thing when you first start the rom, just untick the box and it won't redownload anything.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest rockstarszzzz

Problem: can't install anything from market, whatever app i try to install it says "Error while downloading "Youtube" (p.e). There is unsufficient space on the device.

All i did so far was to install last stable release and Darktremor A2SD.. (maybe this is the cause?)

GApps have some issues as mentioned earlier by others. Try reinstalling them from Aug

Guest tsddave

Why dont you just do a full wipe in clockworkmod? This will remove everything totally. You can back up what you like in titanium (or similar )and use google service to back up your contacts, so you dont need to totally start from scratch if you like also :)

Edited by tsddave

Guest ididmytime

Have you tried the facebook settings menu ? It has a option to set led notification to ON state. By the way it's a f***d up aplication, I agree with you here.

It's ticked. It really is probably the app. I can't see it being an issue with the rom itself if everything else is working.

FB for Android gives ZTE a run for its money in terms of garbage programming.

Guest snowbord

Personally I never got Darktremor's scripts to work with the latest CM7s. Use S2E (simple2ext) from Google Market. Install, consider activating 'ext4' in settings, reboot, run, tick 'apps' and 'private apps' then reboot again. You're good to go!

Edited by snowbord

Guest ididmytime

I have had this issue once before.

Sorry, best bet really would be a complete wipe/reinstall.

Guest Amphoras

I had problems with Darktremor and market not downloading before. Now I just use S2E and it all works fine.

Guest ididmytime

forgive me if I'm not entirely up2date on the topic. but i was really hoping that CM7 would fix the audio-not-routing-to-earpiece-problem in skype. unfortunately the problem still persists. are there any workarounds?

Skype is working fine for me on 220+, dialing/ringing is on loudspeaker, as soon as it's answered however it switches.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Hmmmm...where can I download your famous ROM, sej7278?

The link in your signature only leads to your server, but there are only two files (readme.html and softbuttons.patch)!

Am I doing something wrong?

And to all of you: do you recommend this ROM, or is there an alternativ?

Best regardsa and thanks for your good work, sej

cool400 B)

Here it is http://www.multiupload.com/SPQFN5XZJ0