[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ididmytime

LED notifications work with SMS Popup

You can change the colour used under Cm Settings -> Interface -> Led Notifications. You can set it for various apps and for missed calls. Note that I've not actually tried doing this yet though.

Facebook LED notification is definitly broken, however, going into this setting and configuring a forced LED at events with Facebook fixes this.

Also had some big issues with the Market today (FC'ing, and not wanting to update anything). This is fixed by clearing market data/cache, and flashing the latest Gapps from Rom Manager.

Guest targetbsp

Is the 'battery Mod' in 7.1 or in nightlies? Its like a bar above status bar... I'm on Sej's build and I love it.

No. it's not been merged yet

does it have the audio routing strategy fix? that was merged quite fast in N221.

I guess not from the file name.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mpx200'05

I'm on Sej's 220+ coming from GSF b4 to b27. I have a problem with playing video's from m.nos.nl. They won't play with the stock player nor with moboplayer (with codec). Anyone has the same problem or knows a workaround?

On GSF those video's played well.

Guest kol0bok

Is there any simple way to get console output from the booting kernel? In one of three-five times, my phone gets stuck at the green android screen (for many minutes/hours, requires power cycle).

First I suspected this to be caused by bad cache data, because it always happened when I installed a nightly without wiping the cache partition (explicit wiping helped). But with recent nightlies I see it even after simple shutdown.

Battery is not an issue at all with CM7.

Something has kept your phone awake, even if you set the wifi to never turn off, it goes into low power mode. Leave your phone alone for a while, if you can wake the screen by pressing any of the front facing buttons then you'll have to dig around and find out what app is causing it.

ok yes, battery use today seemed ok. will do a clean reboot and close all apps tonight before bed to check if that happens again.

i noticed there is an alarm in cm7, its part of the clock app, oops :P

i notice wifi staying connected whilst the screen is off OR even phone asleep, regardless of the setting in advanced.. is this correct? i think it's a good thing?!

the phone is sleeping properly (it needs power button to wake)

thanks.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest targetbsp

i notice wifi staying connected whilst the screen is off OR even phone asleep, regardless of the setting in advanced.. is this correct? i think it's a good thing?!

When set to sleep never it does exactly that.

When set to sleep with screen off it disconnects 15 minutes after the screen goes off. Or at least it did last time I tested it. I prefer it always on so not tried this option in a while!

Guest u116040

Is there any simple way to get console output from the booting kernel? In one of three-five times, my phone gets stuck at the green android screen (for many minutes/hours, requires power cycle).

When booting, you can connect your phone to the computer, then "adb shell" (retrying until it works : ~20sec avec being powered ?) and at the prompt, "logcat".

Edit : maybe stuck in bootloader/fastboot ? It happened me some time, requiring me to plugin/out usb cable or remove battery

Edited by u116040

When set to sleep never it does exactly that.

When set to sleep with screen off it disconnects 15 minutes after the screen goes off. Or at least it did last time I tested it. I prefer it always on so not tried this option in a while!

ah. i have it set to "never when plugged in" (and not being plugged in) it does indeed eventually disconnect. and it seems to reconnect ok to my network. all good i think? carry on :)

left is an official nightly, right is one of my "plus" kangs:

post-839039-0-74759000-1318346445_thumb. post-839039-0-95353200-1318346459_thumb.

thanks for answer!in my phone i see the left page...what i have to do to see the right?

thanks

Guest snowbord
Well, I downloaded the theme from the market, installed and then chose the theme through Theme Chooser. And then i restarted the phone (as instructed by the theme creator) and then got stuck in the CM7 loading screen.
Are you waiting long enough? Perhaps the Dalvik cache is being rebuilt.

The ROM is awesome, not sure what could be wrong.

Edited by snowbord

Guest hugobosslives

thanks for answer!in my phone i see the left page...what i have to do to see the right?

thanks

install the rom on the right.......................

Are you waiting long enough? Perhaps the Dalvik cache is being rebuilt.

The ROM is awesome, not sure what could be wrong.

Yes I have , I have waited so long that the phone actually went to standby mode while at the CM7 load screen, lol.

Quite frustrating to be honest, but thanks for your help!

In case anyone is interested I have cooked some CM7.1.0 themes at the UOT kitchen to simply add circle battery icons on top of the standard Androidian theme. Download them from here. These add the same icons with the same colours as made previously for GSF.

Edited by nrev

I don't get it. I have 2 blades and both of them do the same

Upgrade from nightly 210 to stable and the battery doesn't last 1 day (with no use). The phone is not sleeping UNLESS I enable airplane mode. Once it's enabled, phone sleeps (pressing the 3 hard keys don't wake up the screen / spare parts shows low running percentage).

I've tried wiping and formating everything, installing 7.1 without any app (and without gapps) and just enter the sim code. Both phones don't suspend like they should.

solution: revert to nightly 210 or older...

md5sum's are ok, TPT v9

Am I the only one?

i've never had problems before and i do some rom's based on this one for zte racer, all of them have the same problem...

Edited by TigTex

Guest snowbord

In case anyone is interested I have cooked some CM7.1.0 themes at the UOT kitchen to simply add circle battery icons on top of the standard Androidian theme. Download them from here. These add the same icons with the same colours as made previously for GSF.

Yes! Nice! I always use your circle mod on GSF - good work compiling it for CM7. ;)

Guest The_Duck

I was thinking the same, but the thing is I AM on a 160mb partition.. wbaw's 7 or 7a partition layout, I forget which was 160mb.

Have you done a df in Terminal to see how much space you have used in /system ? or if you are out of space in any other directories..

Duck

I don't get it. I have 2 blades and both of them do the same

Upgrade from nightly 210 to stable and the battery doesn't last 1 day (with no use). The phone is not sleeping UNLESS I enable airplane mode. Once it's enabled, phone sleeps (pressing the 3 hard keys don't wake up the screen / spare parts shows low running percentage).

I've tried wiping and formating everything, installing 7.1 without any app (and without gapps) and just enter the sim code. Both phones don't suspend like they should.

solution: revert to nightly 210 or older...

md5sum's are ok, TPT v9

Am I the only one?

i've never had problems before and i do some rom's based on this one for zte racer, all of them have the same problem...

Maybe it is some app doing that ?

I am on 221 (same as 7.1.0), and in 12H I was still with 87% of battery, having played a game (10min or so) and, some wifi .

Guest snowbord

Ok just noticed that screen auto dimming is not working. It tends to blast out at max brightness, even in a dark room. Using 220+. Even turning on CM7's brightness override does nothing.

Edited by snowbord

Guest zardari

I have a blade V880 (256 RAM, China unicom), using the firmware from sej7278, subjectively his firmware a little faster than the nightly build from Tom G. Within 20 days using firmware "update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-2635p7-signed", CPU overclocked to 710 MHz, uptime on this firmware for 17 days,everything is working stable. Now use the "update-cm-7.1.0-n220plus-KANG". Personally i think "KANG" the best firmware for this model (V880). Thank you very much sej7278! A small request, if possible, put online your firmware for public access. Have fun :)

Guest targetbsp

Ok just noticed that screen auto dimming is not working. It tends to blast out at max brightness, even in a dark room. Using 220+. Even turning on CM7's brightness override does nothing.

You need to configure it under 'edit other levels'. Personally I've configured it how I want. But there is a generic layout that's been linked a few times through this thread. Hopefully someone can link it for you again. Also, tick 'allow light decrease'

I have a blade V880 (256 RAM, China unicom), using the firmware from sej7278, subjectively his firmware a little faster than the nightly build from Tom G.

It's the same source. :) Just with some as yet unreleased patches added to it. It's possible it previews upcoming speed improvements. P7 certainly did vs N179 which was out at the time. But then P7 became N206

Edited by targetbsp