[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Assuming you already have a Gen 2 CM7 you may as well update to 7.1. It can even be done for you by the free version of Rom Manager so it's not exactly worth putting off. :)

Guest snowbord

Ok my light sensor seems to be stuck, reading very rarely and at random intervals. Put it up to a bright light and it will register most of the time, but sometimes it plain does not. This is happening on 2 blades - a white Gen1 and a black Gen2, both flashed to Gen2. Tried using CM7.1 final and CM7-220+.

I have even tried flashing to TPT-V9 partition layout. Just tested it on GSF b27, with the same results. Flashing ROMs using CWM 4.0.0.5 (5 is too slow / sucks giving me restore errors).

Elixir / AndroSensor are confirming that the sensor is not updating, as is ZTE Emode helper in GSF.

What could be causing this!? Help!! :(

update: Using GSF b18 (original leaked kernel), the sensor reacts very quickly but only shifts between 0 and 1310700 lux. Either way, it WORKS quickly using this ROM (hence kernel).

@all: Are your light sensors working?? It seems this has been reported earlier;

Edited by snowbord

Guest The_Duck

Hi All,

Can anyone offer an explanation about why my Blade would reboot when I try to enable USB Storage ?

I can do it without fail.

1. drag down the notification bar and tap the USB Connected option

2. Tap the button to "Turn on USB Storage"

3. Answer OK to the question about "some apps in use will stop unitl USB Storage is turned off" message.

4. Phone then gets the little "thinking" circle rotating (about 15-30 seconds)

5. Screen goes black and the CM7 skateboarding punk android kiddy makes his appearance.

I replaced my Micro SD-Card yesterday with a different brand and get the same result. Old=Toshiba New=SanDisk so both are quality brand name items from reputable shop and sealed in unopened new packaging.

Is it somehow possible that I have moved some system service/app to the SD card that causes the re-boot ? How would I check ?

Duck

7.1 stable runs fine (like the latest nightlies). They finally fixed the ringtones issue when handsfree is plugged in, ringtones play through speaker normally now. Good job!!!

one of my issues and also any news on calls not getting through sometime?

Guest ideosblaque

Hi,

Just flashed the my blade with Sej's rom, everything is working fine just have two questions?

1. after i flashed, my phone heats up when i'm charging, browsing, playing games. is this common or did i do something wrong? I'm clocked at 710 max 122 min, gov- ondemand. help please.

2. Then the fm radio, when looking for frequency you do not get even numbers after the dot( like 98.4 105.2 you just get .3, .5 etc), , can this be fixed or is this how cynogen is?

thanks

i'm on sej's n221+

Edited by ideosblaque

Guest steeperton

Ok my light sensor seems to be stuck, reading very rarely and at random intervals. Put it up to a bright light and it will register most of the time, but sometimes it plain does not. This is happening on 2 blades - a white Gen1 and a black Gen2, both flashed to Gen2. Tried using CM7.1 final and CM7-220+.

I have even tried flashing to TPT-V9 partition layout. Just tested it on GSF b27, with the same results. Flashing ROMs using CWM 4.0.0.5 (5 is too slow / sucks giving me restore errors).

Elixir / AndroSensor are confirming that the sensor is not updating, as is ZTE Emode helper in GSF.

What could be causing this!? Help!! :(

update: Using GSF b18 (original leaked kernel), the sensor reacts very quickly but only shifts between 0 and 1310700 lux. Either way, it WORKS quickly using this ROM (hence kernel).

@all: Are your light sensors working?? It seems this has been reported earlier;

http://android.modac...ost__p__1808686

Have you recalibrated the proximity sensor via the ZTE Blade app?

Hi,

Just flashed the my blade with Sej's rom, everything is working fine just have two questions?

1. after i flashed, my phone heats up when i'm charging, browsing, playing games. is this common or did i do something wrong? I'm clocked at 710 max 122 min, gov- ondemand. help please.

2. Then the fm radio, when looking for frequency you do not get even numbers after the dot( like 98.4 105.2 you just get .3, .5 etc), , can this be fixed or is this how cynogen is?

thanks

1. You are running your CPU 18% faster than it was designed to operate. That will generate some heat and reduce battery life (the heat is a good indication that its using more power).

2. The frequency gap is related to the region used, the default region is North America which uses .2 spacing (always odd numbered), some regions have .1 or .05 spacing. You can configure the region in the FM app, but in the past changing this caused the seek function to break. It is a bug that needs to be further investigated.

Hey guys just a few quick questions about the instalation of CM7 , I have my sisters zte blade with stock 2.2 rom (Swedish Comviq) she has of course a few games and apps all free ones from market plus gmail , facebook , msn apps etc. I have rooted the phone and installed latest clockwork recovery and have rom manager on the phone. I plan on installing CM7 through rom manager My questions are do i need to save settings in Titanium backup she says she does not need saves in games etc so can she just download all her apps again such as google chat , facebook etc. and enter her username and passwords ? Also what are the known bugs in the latest stable CM7 I have read good things about this release but is there anything i should be aware of she uses wifi a lot so that has to work as it should but i believe it does. Is it worth trying a small overclock or it runs just fine at stock clock setting ?

Thanks for any help guys

Guest targetbsp

Titanium Backup is not very good at restoring system settings. More often than not it will trash your new rom. Apps and their data (which you say she doesn't want anyway) is what it's best at.

What were you wanting to backup? Contacts backup to google anyway. There are dedicated text backup apps you can use. I use this: http://www.appbrain.com/app/sms-backup/com.zegoggles.smssync

The only issue people seem to be having trouble with is knowing that you need to calibrate the proximity sensor in the zte blade settings app after install. Do that and you'll be fine. The wifi now works much better than any earlier CM7's and any of the Froyos.

Titanium Backup is not very good at restoring system settings. More often than not it will trash your new rom. Apps and their data (which you say she doesn't want anyway) is what it's best at.

What were you wanting to backup? Contacts backup to google anyway. There are dedicated text backup apps you can use. I use this: http://www.appbrain....goggles.smssync

The only issue people seem to be having trouble with is knowing that you need to calibrate the proximity sensor in the zte blade settings app after install. Do that and you'll be fine. The wifi now works much better than any earlier CM7's and any of the Froyos.

Thank you for the help ah yes contacts i almost forgot that so all the contacts and phone numbers are backed up to google ?

I may write down the names and numbers just in case. Well nothing more to wait for then so installing via rom manager is ok ? and i think it will backup current rom install google apps and wipe all in one. seems too easy :)

Guest snowbord

Have you recalibrated the proximity sensor via the ZTE Blade app?

Countless times. :( What data is your light meter giving? Can you try AndroSensor / Elixir and let me know?

Edited by snowbord

Guest jimwormold

Hi how smooth is CM7 on the San Fran right now?

Im currently on Ginger Stir Fry b27 (now a dead rom) which is VERY smooth but thats because it lacks options and features

I would like to come back to cm7 but not sure if i want to sacrifice the smoothness or has cm7 become smoother since i last had it (last build i had was 7.0.0)

I changed from GSFb27 two days ago - first to the official stable CM7.1.0 release which I found to be far better than the last nightly I used (along time ago - probably about 160), but it froze a couple of times, so I decided to flash sej's 220+ yesterday and haven't looked back since. I use GO Launcher EX as the launcher and to be honest I get exactly the same performance (if not better) as I did on GSF (which at the time I found to be phenomenal). It's stable and very fast, and has the glorious power control widget as well as seemingly the same excellent battery life as GSF! The ONLY downside that I have found so far (I'm sure there will be more!) is that LED notifications from Handcent Messaging aren't working (but this can be overcome simply be using sej's LED notification overides in the CM settings! None of the GPS reboots either which plagued CM nightlies when I used them previously.

Granted it's only been about 24 hours but I definitely recommend it.

Jim

Guest targetbsp

is that LED notifications from Handcent Messaging aren't working

That's a bug in handcent fixed in the latest version

"What's in this version:

• #Version 3.9.9.1
  • > Fix led issue"

Guest steeperton

Countless times. :( What data is your light meter giving? Can you try AndroSensor / Elixir and let me know?

I have no idea what these number mean, but on my desk, androsensor is showing 20.6243 fc

Cover the sensor, and it's showing 0.6503 fc

(CM7 nightly 216, from memory).

Guest ffoxsake

official stable CM7.1.0

Androsensor reports light levels between 0 and 320 (indoors), reacts very quickly with many levels in between as i cover/uncover the phone. I would say that is expected behaviour.

Do you have any kind of screen guard on your phone that could be filtering the light?

Edited by ffoxsake

Well i was all set to install via rom manager but rom manager cant connect to download the rom sighs anyone else have problems with latest rom manager ? my wifi connection is fine

Guest Gazda Jezda

You are lucky then. I also try with ADW.EX and it also is not able to restore desktop configuration (desktops with icons). So i don't know what can be wrong. I have 160MB system partition and enough place on it, also on other partitions... It just seems that ADW have problems (especially the one built into CM)... I try few times... Ehh... :)

I use ADW.EX and I find the successfulness off it's ability to restore previous setups fairly random in any rom. Don't know about renaming shortcuts. I don't have any. Let alone any I've renamed. :)

Guest snowbord

official stable CM7.1.0

Androsensor reports light levels between 0 and 320, reacts very quickly with many levels in between as i cover/uncover the phone. I would say that is expected behaviour.

Do you have any kind of screen guard on your phone that could be filtering the light?

Thanks for your input guys. Yes I do have a screen guard and was also wondering if this was the problem. It does have holes for the sensors. I have tried removing it in the past - no difference.

I just ran the abovementioned apps and it appears the light sensor is working! It was evening when I ran these tests previously, and now it is daytime. I did mess with the lighting in the room significantly to ensure there was enough light, but maybe it just was not sufficient enough for the sensor to work properly.

Still, there was noticeable difference in response time in GSF b18 vs newer kernel based roms. The sensor DID tend to get stuck, whereas in b18 it did not. There IS an issue here.

Fingers crossed!!

Edited by snowbord

Guest jimwormold

That's a bug in handcent fixed in the latest version

"What's in this version:

• #Version 3.9.9.1
  • > Fix led issue"

Well they can say it's fixed, but I don't get any LED notification (and I have set the flashing setting to on in the Handcent Messaging settings). I know it's probably something I'm doing wrong, and I wasn't blaming the CM ROM for this bug (in fact quite the opposite as I can override the app's behaviour), and this is in danger of going off topic. I'll have a look around and see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Jim

Guest Per Ã…kesson
I can't see the dialler being likely in an official CM7. CM7 is for a lot of different phones and I would imagine they want to keep as much as possible generic. Besides which the ZTE dialler has its share of issues! The ambient temp isn't going to have much/any effect on your ability to OC.

Pity. I would like to have a default Contacts app that offers the Groups tab. That was default part of my old HTC Tattoo. Thus I thought it was standard feature in Android. But I may be wrong.

Pity. I would like to have a default Contacts app that offers the Groups tab. That was default part of my old HTC Tattoo. Thus I thought it was standard feature in Android. But I may be wrong.

You may wanna try apps like Dialer One

so I decided to flash sej's 220+ yesterday and haven't looked back since. I use GO Launcher EX as the launcher and to be honest I get exactly the same performance (if not better) as I did on GSF (

i use GoLauncherEX as well,;do you find scrolling in the app drawer slow? this is one thing that annoys me, even with phone OC to around 700, tried changing backgrounds, can't get that drawer smooth! (it was like this on JJ, but i expected things to be better for some reason in CM7..)

also switching between screens etc is not particularly smooth, i'd say maybe slightly worse than JJ in this launcher.. could be other setting differences though.

performance inside apps is better so might just be something Go-L-Ex is (not) doing. have tried all settings in the launcher i can think of.

/FWP

Edited by Smiff2

Guest dibbles

I have always found the scrolling slow when using GoLauncherEX, regardless of the ROM I'm using it on. I have only just tried it again recently on the latest nightly and nothing has changed in that respect. It might seem to have some more features over the LauncherPro I'm using but that launcher is just so much more responsive at doing what I need it to do, which is open and close the app drawer and scroll at a good speed.

Guest jimwormold

i use GoLauncherEX as well,;do you find scrolling in the app drawer slow? this is one thing that annoys me, even with phone OC to around 700, tried changing backgrounds, can't get that drawer smooth! (it was like this on JJ, but i expected things to be better for some reason in CM7..)

also switching between screens etc is not particularly smooth, i'd say maybe slightly worse than JJ in this launcher.. could be other setting differences though.

performance inside apps is better so might just be something Go-L-Ex is (not) doing. have tried all settings in the launcher i can think of.

/FWP

Not noticeably so - it's not incredibly smooth, but it's not slow. In fact I've just changed it from horizontal paging to vertical list to compare with Adw Launcher and I'd say that it's perfect. Fast and smooth.

I think I have about 180 apps or so.

What do you mean by "switching between screens"? I have all animations switched off so this might be helping in my case.

Jim

Edited by jimwormold

Not noticeably so - it's not incredibly smooth, but it's not slow. In fact I've just changed it from horizontal paging to vertical list to compare with Adw Launcher and I'd say that it's perfect. Fast and smooth.

I think I have about 180 apps or so.

What do you mean by "switching between screens"? I have all animations switched off so this might be helping in my case.

Jim

right, i use vertical continuous and find scrolling horrendously slow, its actually hard to hit the correct app because of it. must have something set up wrong! no idea what. i've only installed a few apps (gapps + a dozen or so of my own)

screen switching i mean left or right between home screens. it was better for me in JJ i think.

might try another launcher but the free version of LP annoyed me with its prompts on resizing widgets et. ADW i hear is slow. would rather stick with GLEX. i do have animations on, but not the high quality option. default settings mostly. i'll try resetting my GLEX config later. thanks

i don't think this is a CM issue anyway.

back to my battery issue.. after the first night it drained it's been fine. better than ever before in fact. probably i just never cleared the battery stats and it needed to recalibrate itself?

Edited by Smiff2