[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Carbonize

On switching to CM7 for my Blade I decided to give a new launcher a go after using Launcher Pro for years. I am not a big fan of ADW so went with Go Launcher EX. It has a lot of nice features and options but I just found it to be no where near as smooth or responsive as Launcher Pro. Not sure what Smiff2 is on about when he says about LPP asking to resize widgets, that only happens if you long press on a widget.

Guest Chris Banks

Hi All,

Can anyone offer an explanation about why my Blade would reboot when I try to enable USB Storage ?

I can do it without fail.

1. drag down the notification bar and tap the USB Connected option

2. Tap the button to "Turn on USB Storage"

3. Answer OK to the question about "some apps in use will stop unitl USB Storage is turned off" message.

4. Phone then gets the little "thinking" circle rotating (about 15-30 seconds)

5. Screen goes black and the CM7 skateboarding punk android kiddy makes his appearance.

I replaced my Micro SD-Card yesterday with a different brand and get the same result. Old=Toshiba New=SanDisk so both are quality brand name items from reputable shop and sealed in unopened new packaging.

Is it somehow possible that I have moved some system service/app to the SD card that causes the re-boot ? How would I check ?

Duck

Are you using a theme that on the SD card? I fell for that one.

Also what version of CM7 are you running?

I switched to CM7.1 stable yesterday. Everything seems to be OK . wlan at work was OK. Today I can’t connect to the AP (WPA2-Enterprise AES PEAP MSCHAPV2). After deleting and recreating I can connect to AP again. ???

ctrl_interface=wlan0

update_config=1

network={

ssid="##########"

key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X

eap=PEAP

identity="##########"

password="##########"

phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"

}

Edited by pr001

Guest Kamikaze.
I have always found the scrolling slow when using GoLauncherEX, regardless of the ROM I'm using it on. I have only just tried it again recently on the latest nightly and nothing has changed in that respect. It might seem to have some more features over the LauncherPro I'm using but that launcher is just so much more responsive at doing what I need it to do, which is open and close the app drawer and scroll at a good speed.

I have been a big fan of ADW EX, but I tried GoL couple days ago. Its not too smooth, but there are some tweaks in settings.

Guest Picazsoo

I switched to CM7.1 stable yesterday. Everything seems to be OK . wlan at work was OK. Today I can’t connect to the AP (WPA2-Enterprise AES PEAP MSCHAPV2). After deleting and recreating I can connect to AP again. ???

ctrl_interface=wlan0

update_config=1

network={

ssid="##########"

key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X

eap=PEAP

identity="##########"

password="##########"

phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"

}

I have the exact same issue at my university. Also peap and mschapv2. It just says "connecting" and then "disconnected". I can usually fix the problem by forgetting settings for the network and reentering them. But today I can't even reconnect...

PITA

I never considered it to be a problem with the phone itself. A lot of people have troubles connecting to our eduroam network, but I can't recall having this issue before upgrading to CM7 ( I had been using GSF)

Guest Pierreism

Does anyone from the UK know why the OrangeWorld.co.uk website doesn't load the new touch optimised interface, no matter what useragent you change to?

Guest Per Åkesson

You may wanna try apps like Dialer One

I did. If you read my original post, you see that Dialer One does display groups, but does not limit to My Contacts. Instead, the Contacts tab lists ALL my 1000 Google contacts, which is unbearable. Sorry, I found no replacement for original ZTE dialer. I tried also Youlu, TouchPal and DW :rolleyes:

Edited by Per Åkesson

Guest steeperton

I did. If you read my original post, you see that Dialer One does display groups, but does not limit to My Contacts. Instead, the Contacts tab lists ALL my 1000 Google contacts, which is unbearable. Sorry, I found no replacement for original ZTE dialer. I tried also Youlu, TouchPal and DW :rolleyes:

Apologies if I'm being dim, but how is this different from selecting "my contacts" from "choose contacts to display" within display options in the standard CM contacts screen?

Guest ffoxsake

Is there a wiki page anywhere that documents all of the Blade/CM7 menu settings?

Would be really useful to have a searchable page that could help track down those elusive "i changed it once and now can't find it again" settings smile.gif

Guest lohikko

I have the exact same issue at my university. Also peap and mschapv2. It just says "connecting" and then "disconnected". I can usually fix the problem by forgetting settings for the network and reentering them. But today I can't even reconnect...

PITA

I never considered it to be a problem with the phone itself. A lot of people have troubles connecting to our eduroam network, but I can't recall having this issue before upgrading to CM7 ( I had been using GSF)

Same Problem here

Guest Picazsoo

Does anyone from the UK know why the OrangeWorld.co.uk website doesn't load the new touch optimised interface, no matter what useragent you change to?

I have no idea, just want to say that I personally hate this new habit of optimizing user interface of a webpage based on user agent. It's a problem even here, on modaco. There is no switch on this site to turn on the mobile version (at least I couldn't find it) - It's all based on the user agent and if you turn off the mobile view, I don't know how to turn it back on. I face similar issue when trying to use my kindle 3 to browse web - the browser would greatly benefit from being able to display mobile versions of sites, but since most of them nowadays depend on this automatic switch without any manual fallback, I am out of luck...

Guest robinhud2010

EDIT: Found it! Still, md5 sum for sej's n220 wouldbe apreciated!

EDIT2: Oh, and a link to the topic for dowloading and installing individual google apps for those of us who have space constraints on the system partition, would also be helpful...rolleyes.gif

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest ffoxsake

EDIT2: Oh, and a link to the topic for dowloading and installing individual google apps for those of us who have space constraints on the system partition, would also be helpful...rolleyes.gif

You'll find everything you need over here...... http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1258855

(LOL. you edited before i replied, but i'll leave it here for anyone else looking for WBAW's superb TPT stuff)

Edited by ffoxsake

Guest sej7278

its somewhere in this thread a few pages back i expect:

b4dcc98ce9bbc4da6d059c9036c116ce update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-KANG-n220plus-signed.zip

Guest ideosblaque

1. You are running your CPU 18% faster than it was designed to operate. That will generate some heat and reduce battery life (the heat is a good indication that its using more power).

2. The frequency gap is related to the region used, the default region is North America which uses .2 spacing (always odd numbered), some regions have .1 or .05 spacing. You can configure the region in the FM app, but in the past changing this caused the seek function to break. It is a bug that needs to be further investigated.

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, went back to oc 604, played on level of angry birds like 2 times battery went from 59- 56 in less than a minute and phone still heating up. is there anyone experiencing the heating up or is there something i did wrong?

Guest targetbsp

The phone gets warm to the side of the camera when I game in any rom ( I assume this is where the CPU is?? ). The current CM kernel, and the one before it, runs cooler than the one before that (many nightlies ago). :D I've used the aforementioned hotter (for want of a better word!) kernel overclocked to 729 to play Tower Raiders in the sun on a hot day for an hour. It doesn't seem to do any harm :D

Computers generate heat. :) And that's what this is when you get down to it. A computer that runs an app called 'phone'. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest robinhud2010

its somewhere in this thread a few pages back i expect:

b4dcc98ce9bbc4da6d059c9036c116ce update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-KANG-n220plus-signed.zip

It's hard to look for a certain post in a certain page to find your links to your roms. I know it's been a long time, but a dedicated thread for your roms would make it a whole lot easier. I'm sure most modaco users would agree...

Anyway, keep up the great work!smile.gif

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest sej7278

It's hard to look for a certain post in a certain page to find your links to your roms. I know it's been a long time, but a dedicated thread for your roms would make it a whole lot easier. I'm sure most modaco users would agree...

normally the md5sum is on my website with the download, but i took it off as i believe we need to test the stable 7.1 rom for a while as that's the only one we can raise bug reports for. i wasn't the person who put it on a mirror site.

i only do minor-ish patches to nightlies so not worth a dedicated thread. that said i was expecting the blade patches in n220+ to be merged by now.

Edited by sej7278

sej you should upload it to multiupload in the first place instead of people hammering your server ;)

It has already been uploaded there. Just few pages back.

Also ADW is quite slow for me, so I removed it and use Go Launcher, but Launcher Pro is seem to be the fastest.

Edited by devjin

Guest snowbord

GO Contacts EX. Win!

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

maybe open another issue on the tracker now we've gone to 7.1.0 final, or re-open this one, i think it only got closed as nobody starred it.

the patch i use is here but only works at compile time, its only changing 6 lines of frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml from false to true or vice versa.

maybe tom_g or someone can submit it to gerrit, or maybe make it a blade overlay rather than for all phones.....?

Starred. If anybody else is interested in ensuring the Blade has a 'search' button just like OSX in the search bar, please follow the link and hit the star so this can get integrated into CM7.

Guest indaloman

right, i use vertical continuous and find scrolling horrendously slow, its actually hard to hit the correct app because of it. must have something set up wrong! no idea what. i've only installed a few apps (gapps + a dozen or so of my own)

screen switching i mean left or right between home screens. it was better for me in JJ i think.

might try another launcher but the free version of LP annoyed me with its prompts on resizing widgets et. ADW i hear is slow. would rather stick with GLEX. i do have animations on, but not the high quality option. default settings mostly. i'll try resetting my GLEX config later. thanks

i don't think this is a CM issue anyway.

Hi, I had the same problem of jerky scrolling in the appdraw with Go Launcher EX. I changed the App Drawer background to transparentand it is much faster and smoother now.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

for some reason my phone always goes offline when the screen goes off with cm 7.1.0.

On the mobile data connection, anyone has the same problem?