[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest reluctant_traveller
N36 is out

Oh great. Here comes another round of

'has the gps issue been resolved?'

'has battery issue been resolved?'

'whats changed since N35?'

and

'has world peace been brokered?'

just as things were quietening down.

Guest Maringer
Oh great. Here comes another round of

'has the gps issue been resolved?'

'has battery issue been resolved?'

'whats changed since N35?'

and

'has world peace been brokered?'

Well, has it? B)

:D

Edited by Maringer

Guest LordKickapoo

has it has it has it

installed N36 everything solid so far :D

edit: oh noes....just noticed missed call, any fix for that?? B)

Edited by LordKickapoo

Heh.

My turn to ask a potentially dumb question, is their a mirror network with nightlies older than N22?

I seem to have deleted my copies of N19 and N20.

Guest steeperton

Wifi tethering seems to disconnect every time the screen sleeps... Is this a general CM7 issue, or specific to the blade? I've seen some suggestions to set Wifi to never sleep, but that's never worked on the blade for normal Wifi, let alone hotspot!

Guest Tsip4
I'm on rc4 at the moment.

And it kept on saying blank or unfoemmated card. So I format it,and it didn't help, and just asked again. I tired rebooting and trying again, I even tried to mount in clockwork, but lit wouldn't. Somehow its stabler now... the SD is working again. Anyway, ill try n35 now. I'm on a Kingston 8gb class r, which I be never had problems wit.h before.

Some sd cards cannot cooperate well with that phone, in every rom. I had the same kingston and it never worked. Sell it and buy one of those that have the GREEN OK.

http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php?t=292959

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Wifi tethering seems to disconnect every time the screen sleeps... Is this a general CM7 issue, or specific to the blade? I've seen some suggestions to set Wifi to never sleep, but that's never worked on the blade for normal Wifi, let alone hotspot!

Yeah I had the same problem, I ended up using the wifi fix from the first post, a kludge perhaps, but it works well.

Guest devilkazuya

N36 is out (Blade: Update prebuilt kernel). just flashing it and will report back shortly.

Dan / Victor good job on this new thread, nicely done. Can you also please add link to the the teamdouche nightly page on 2nd post or under instructions tab.

thanks

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest Michealtbh
n36 is making my phone to reboot after each call...and after few minutes of work....

I did wipe :D

Same for me. First I flashed straight over rc4 and got random reboots, then tried a clean install and the problem still existed. Shame as menu scrolling etc seemed a lot more smooth in nightly 36

Guest Frankish

I don't know why people keep updating for every nightly i got very bored of doing it :D Is anyone still doing this?

Since RC4 i see no real reason to upgrade...

The update in n36 to the kernel is not a big change. Probably wont fix the gps issues etc. Other than that no real decent change.

Guest GarethC
I don't know why people keep updating for every nightly i got very bored of doing it :D Is anyone still doing this?

The update in n36 to the kernel is not a big change. Probably wont fix the gps issues etc. Other than that no real decent change.

+1 Still on RC4 don't see any real reason to upgrade and any bugs there is can be issued to the bug tracker with RC4 unlike the nightlys....

Guest simonckenyon
Don't know if its got anything to do with it or not, but I'm not having the GPS problem, and I've never seen my battery temperature above 42 degrees Celsius. That was only after playing Angry Birds for a while during charging. Any other time I check the temperature after sleeping its between 21 and 35, usually about 26-29. I have the min clock speed set to 122MHz, dunno if that has any effect on it or not.

i have "Battery Monitor Widget" running which records the information and displays it as a graph. it also shows the battery details.

the temperature spiked (64) when in airplane mode and asleep.

Guest The Soup Thief

I've been reflashing the nightlies as they've appeared. I just start em off when I get up in the morning. By the time I'm showered etc it's all done and ready to go. I've not run into any significant problems so mercifully haven't had to wipe, meaning it's a pretty quick job (though of course I'd be wiping like a good un and reflashing before even dreaming of posting about problems)

EDIT - forgot to say, no reboots sighted this am, but will post back as to whether or not I'm getting temp spikes on sleep / flight mode

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest marcodassi

Haven't got any reboots at all 'till N35...

With N36 I get random reboots one after another, even with the phone in idle state B)

Back to N35 for now (no offense :D )

i have "Battery Monitor Widget" running which records the information and displays it as a graph. it also shows the battery details.

the temperature spiked (64) when in airplane mode and asleep.

You know, we have environmental ovens here for testing product down to ocean floor temperatures.

I'm wondering if I could get my phone put into the chamber after activating google maps to see if keeping it down at 8 degrees C would stop it shutting down.

probably will be laughed at by the engineers though.

Guest Frankish
I've been reflashing the nightlies as they've appeared. I just start em off when I get up in the morning. By the time I'm showered etc it's all done and ready to go. I've not run into any significant problems so mercifully haven't had to wipe, meaning it's a pretty quick job (though of course I'd be wiping like a good un and reflashing before even dreaming of posting about problems)

I started off flashing every single one with a full wipe. :D

I think it has reached a stable enough state now for me to only upgrade once a significant issue is fixed. Never trusted not wiping although a lot of you guys seem to do it with no issue!

Guest mvheuver
Same for me. First I flashed straight over rc4 and got random reboots, then tried a clean install and the problem still existed. Shame as menu scrolling etc seemed a lot more smooth in nightly 36

I cannot confirm the random reboots. Fresh N36 here, full wipe. What I did differently this time is to follow Rotmann's advice and NOT restore anything with Titanium. So far so good, but we'll see how it goes. Just used the GPS for a bit so let's see if I get the reboots or shutdown later on.

Guest Quirin
Heh.

My turn to ask a potentially dumb question, is their a mirror network with nightlies older than N22?

I seem to have deleted my copies of N19 and N20.

If you look in my signature, you'll find all you need (and even more...)

Guest The Soup Thief
I cannot confirm the random reboots. Fresh N36 here, full wipe. What I did differently this time is to follow Rotmann's advice and NOT restore anything with Titanium. So far so good, but we'll see how it goes. Just used the GPS for a bit so let's see if I get the reboots or shutdown later on.

Me too - I've steered clear of Titanium through the nightlies (as I say, n36 currently)

Until the ROMs are stable it just seems a good way of carrying problems forward

btw - very early days, but temperature has actually fallen from 26 to 24 degrees in the 10 mins since I initiated flight mode (though phone was definitely sleeping during this, ie not waking with presses of the home key)

This is pretty meaningless so early on, so I'll put the phone away for a few hours and post back later on temp history

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest buneech

Yeah, i'm still on RC4, it works great, no need to upgrade. B)

Guest domdom43
Not tested the accelerometer? What should I use? Labrynth?

Yes, After playing Labrynth a couple of minutes, acceleromters becomes laggy and game unplayable