[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest popoyaya

I always use this thread to look for my next theme and its updated pretty regularly.....I know its a pretty big list but you will definitely find something, lol you better get started :D

Any idea which of these represents the blade?

H indicates HDPI support

M indicates MDPI support

L indicates LDPI support

Edited by popoyaya

I know we are getting a few new people using CM7 but I have to say...

What is up with people moaning about the battery? . . .

I wouldn't call this moaning. The simple statement is that now (220+) my phone is losing considerably more power on standby compared to that on few nightly builds earlier.

Am I using same setup between different builds? yes.

Any idea which of these represents the blade?

H indicates HDPI support

M indicates MDPI support

L indicates LDPI support

H indicates HDPI support is for ZTE Blade.

Guest LorianNod

I wouldn't call this moaning. The simple statement is that now (220+) my phone is losing considerably more power on standby compared to that on few nightly builds earlier.

I see the same, standby was excellent around n210-n213 I made a comment on it somewhere in the thread before the recent post explosion. This isn't a complaint just an observation, and I've been using CM7 nightlies for many months. I'm still using Sej's N220+. I may try the latest nightly.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest oldfella

is it possible for an incoming call to raise the answer screen directly - with standard 7.1 and Widgetlocker there doesnt seem to be an option to disable the lockscreen on an incoming call ?

found a solution, an app called No lock.

its not ideal as it also cancels the normal phone lock, but for my usage its OK

Guest sej7278

found a solution, an app called No lock.

its not ideal as it also cancels the normal phone lock, but for my usage its OK

do you really want to be able to answer your phone without unlocking it? what happens when it goes off in your pocket and it auto-answers with the movement of your leg?

Guest zenmeyang

I also have huge battery issues with N220+. I really love that build but for some strange reason I experience heavy battery drain. For example, I go to sleep, blade fully charged, airplane mode turned on: after 8 hours I wake up and the phone is on 50%. I turn airplane mode off, take a shower and when I eat my breakfast, the battery is at 30%. During a 1h phone call, I lose about 80%...This is definately not normal. I usually had around 2 days with CM7 and 3 days with GSF.

Is there any solution for this? I dont really want to clean the whole phone because restoring my apps with titanium (free) is a pain...

I also have huge battery issues with N220+. I really love that build but for some strange reason I experience heavy battery drain. For example, I go to sleep, blade fully charged, airplane mode turned on: after 8 hours I wake up and the phone is on 50%. I turn airplane mode off, take a shower and when I eat my breakfast, the battery is at 30%. During a 1h phone call, I lose about 80%...This is definately not normal. I usually had around 2 days with CM7 and 3 days with GSF.

Is there any solution for this? I dont really want to clean the whole phone because restoring my apps with titanium (free) is a pain...

I highly doubt you got 3 days out of the "great" GSF.

Edited by De@n

There is a thread here somewhere with a list of battery drainers.

But what you explain,I do not experience on 220+

look at spare parts and see where your battery is leaking.

What size is your system partition? If its 140mb or less, try using the 160mb TPT and see if it works then.

Yes it's less than 140mb - anyone able to tell me where to get the 160mb TPT?

Guest oldfella

do you really want to be able to answer your phone without unlocking it? what happens when it goes off in your pocket and it auto-answers with the movement of your leg?

as I said, its OK for my usage

Guest ididmytime

Use the phone normally, when it's at a low percentage, look in spare parts at the battery history, looking first at the partial wake usage.

If you can't find anything wrong then switch to 7.1 and see if the problem persists. If wifi sleep policy is set to never, you will lose 1-2% every hour.

Your battery is shot. Don't even bother switching back to GSF and saying 'It now works again for 3 days' because it would be a blatent lie.

You can try a battery recalibration, if that doesn't fix it, buy a new battery or take the phone back.

Guest sej7278

There is a thread here somewhere with a list of battery drainers.

But what you explain,I do not experience on 220+

look at spare parts and see where your battery is leaking.

same here, 17.5 hours on standby and some wifi/alarm usage and not even used 1% battery yet.

i do however manually turn wifi off and don't use 3g. to those with battery issues are you leaving wifi on (or using the 15mins timeout) or using 3g data or running gps apps?

if you're only seeing battery issues with my 220+ then it could be due to the newer kernel than in the regular nightlies and 7.1 stable, but then i'd see it too, are you getting 3+ days with regular nightlies then, or is it really unrelated to the software at all (duff battery)?

Edited by sej7278

Thanks mate. However all I need is a default -system- theme with circle battery applied.

The guy who made it said it couldn't had been done as a standalone theme because -system- theme has no apk (unlike Androidian etc). So he made a workaround by modifying SystemUI and framework-res, which results in an interference with soft buttons.

I so got used to pressing the soft back button, its really neat. I also do love the circle battery with those little dots, *dong* :)

The solution is to make your own in UOT kitchen. Extract framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from sej's ROM and upload them to UOT kitchen under System files in the File upload tab. Extract settings.uot from your favourite circle mod and also upload it under Kitchen's settings. Submit it, wait an hour or so and you will have your own custom theme mod with all the goodies from sej + the circle battery icon.

What is the latest release version KANG? I've seen people out there talking about n227, n200 plus and the signing sej7278 n227 plus he has, where can I download?

Thanks

Guest hugobosslives

What is the latest release version KANG? I've seen people out there talking about n227, n200 plus and the signing sej7278 n227 plus he has, where can I download?

Thanks

just get the lastest nightly (there's a link to the download page in my sig)

sej (rightly) isn't releasing his self-builds as we need people to bug-report 7.1 and there isn't any major patches that haven't been merged yet that arn't in n227 (or his old n220+)

if you just want the tweaks he put in n220+ get that off a mirror a few pages back.....

Guest zenmeyang

Well, in order to try to solve my battery drain issues, I flashed 7.1.0 stable (just cache&dalvik wipe) and it looks like an improvement for now. I just went grocery shopping listening to music with 2G on and my battery level went down 1% after about 30min. That's more like it... Let's see how it develops till evening. So maybe it's the newer kernel of N220+ that was causing it?

Guest Carbonize

1 - Are there any advantages to using noFrills over the built in CPU settings?

2 - Why does CloudSkipper say it cannot access the equaliser?

3 - Anybody else find Facebook forgetting it's sync settings after a reboot?

<edit>

1 - Will try it and see. Not using any stupidly high speeds so don't see any problems arising.

3 - Uninstalled and reinstalled seemed to fix it. Maybe the issue was because I moved it to the SD card.

Edited by Carbonize

Guest tsddave

I decided to try Blademix rom due to the heavy battery drain issues with cm7 since 220. Not only is the battery life much much better its also alot smoother and faster running using the same cpu settings! wtf!?

I hope they get cm7 back on track soon.