[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

Is anyone using Viber for VOIP in CM ? The screen during call never goes off, like if the proximity sensor wasn't working. I wrote to their tech support and they wrote me back:

"Altering your ROM will interfere with your device's unique IMEI settings, usually changing it to a standard or shared number. This in turn identifies your device to us as being used multiply, and Viber only supports one device with one telephone number."

lol, what a fucktard! i don't think i'd use a voip app written by someone that thinks shared imei's would work.

so he's essentially accusing you of pirating his software when you ask for tech support on why his app doesn't support standard api calls? wow i thought skype was bad.

Guest julianpaul

The tech moron hasn't addressed the proximity issue anywhere, and he's even saying a custom rom WILL change your IMEI. I didn't know that was possible/happens.

I just wish whatsapp would add voip and then i can be done with viber.

Edited by julianpaul

Guest jackal-sk

Well yes, thanks for the support guys, I can see that. It was just general crap. And the app is FREE however (maybe theres a paid version). This app has two big added values to other VOIPs, no login needed, no need to add friends manually. But lit screen during a 1 hour call is bad :|. Other than that it is a great app really. I was so happy I've finally found a replacement for gay skype.

sej, I replyed to him with what you said basicly..

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest julianpaul

Well yes, thanks for the support guys, I can see that. It was just general crap. And the app is FREE however (maybe theres a paid version). This app has two big added values to other VOIPs, no login needed, no need to add friends manually. But lit screen during a 1 hour call is bad :|. Other than that it is a great app really. I was so happy I've finally found a replacement for gay skype.

sej, I replyed to him with what you said basicly..

I can think of one solution for you, which i usually use when i talk on the speakerphone. Turn off the screen using the power button of the blade!

Guest jackal-sk

I can think of one solution for you, which i usually use when i talk on the speakerphone. Turn off the screen using the power button of the blade!

Wow, this hasn't crossed my mind at all *cough* :), thx for the tip, will do!

Guest tmjumper

please help me namely in terms of setting different ringtones to different people, I do not know why it was ringing all the time what I am doing wrong default?

choose to come into contact person you want to assign a ringtone enter into options and choose the ringtone and even then it remains set to the default

The GPS icon wont disappear even after disabling it.

i have that problem too. actually the gps icon is blinking all the time in the notification bar although it's turned off in settings. maybe the constantly querying gps-chip is draining the battery?

I'm on official N223 and for me GPS icon no blinking when I don't have any GPS applications running and it switched on and off with use GPS application properly.

Edited by Simono

Guest Kamikaze.

Android 4.0 is out now. Do you guys think it will run on Blade? I've heard CM7 crew will be making CM9, based on Android 4, so will they develope it for Blade? Just curious.

Guest Chris Banks

When will CM7 release Android 4.0 version? rolleyes.gif

Never, because then It'll be CM9 ;)

Public service announcement: There will be no SDK port of Ice Cream Sandwich to any device by the Cyanogenmod team directly. We only dabble in source. Period.

Goes without saying really...

I'm guessing the source will be out November time, as that's when the Galaxy Nexus is released. So I assume early builds may start to emerge after that. Hopefully the Blade will still be supported.

Guest ididmytime

Even if it came out today, It would take months to get it anywhere near CM7, with everything working correctly.

I can see a ZTE based source being released much sooner, with all those good old ZTE bugs. It will be interesting to see how well it runs on the blade, it seems heavy on resources from the pictures I've seen.

Thankfully, I will be getting a Galaxy Nexus long before any of this happens, and will have ICS running on it.

Guest mnsg1975

Android 4.0 is out now. Do you guys think it will run on Blade? I've heard CM7 crew will be making CM9, based on Android 4, so will they develope it for Blade? Just curious.

And the CM8, what's on it?

i have that problem too. actually the gps icon is blinking all the time in the notification bar although it's turned off in settings. maybe the constantly querying gps-chip is draining the battery?

Same here, but not all the time.

Is there already a bug report for it?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Does anyone have sej's LED patch that is CWM flashable?

I was so used to 220+ and now switched to N227 as battery reports were good, but miss that LED-fix from 220+

Guest rockstarszzzz

btw, did you notice battery much different in 227 vs 220+ ?

I've just finished my first full charge after re-calibration. Will post back once I've drained out and re-charged. Probably in next 48 hours! If the battery is as good as some suggesting here, I might not write back till the weekend ;)

Guest sej7278

btw, did you notice battery much different in 227 vs 220+ ?

i've been using the same kernel/patches as n220+ (albeit with n227) and used about 22% after 3 days, so if i hadn't plugged it in i would be on course for 12 days on a charge.

i'm sure people will say gsf can do twice that though :D

Guest dariob74

so...when we have the new android on our blade? ice cream sandwich is out on a forum there is the link of file.zip that contain all apk of new version of android. i have seen a video of i.c.s. and i like it, it's very beautiful and functionally. Of course on our blade it can be less quikly but i hope in team of developers that apps will have to be reworked in the dumps.....

thanks for all work and sorry for my scholastic english

Guest mnsg1975

so...when we have the new android on our blade? ice cream sandwich is out on a forum there is the link of file.zip that contain all apk of new version of android. i have seen a video of i.c.s. and i like it, it's very beautiful and functionally. Of course on our blade it can be less quikly but i hope in team of developers that apps will have to be reworked in the dumps.....

thanks for all work and sorry for my scholastic english

CyanogenMod: No ICS-based CM9 Until AOSP Source Drops [shocker]

Guest eucurto

i've been using the same kernel/patches as n220+ (albeit with n227) and used about 22% after 3 days, so if i hadn't plugged it in i would be on course for 12 days on a charge.

i'm sure people will say gsf can do twice that though :D

are you sure you are using your blade? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I've just finished my first full charge after re-calibration. Will post back once I've drained out and re-charged. Probably in next 48 hours! If the battery is as good as some suggesting here, I might not write back till the weekend ;)

Good luck mate I calibrated mine and fully recharged set wifi to off after 30 seconds , turned off 3G still only got about 30 hours or so of light/medium use. I give up now i will just live with it as i am really liking cm7.1 stable. I think i read it can take a few recharges before battery is better after calibration I am on my second now so we will see. If no improvement is it ok to try calibration again ? or is it harmfull to battery ?