[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Clitheroe1

i've been using the same kernel/patches as n220+ (albeit with n227) and used about 22% after 3 days, so if i hadn't plugged it in i would be on course for 12 days on a charge.

i'm sure people will say gsf can do twice that though :D

I've used many different ROMS, although I've been using CM7 for some time now, and to be perfectly honest I've not noticed any appreciable difference in the battery life of most the the ROMS I've used, and definitely none between GSF and CM7. I do find that in the first week after I change ROMs the battery performance is often poor, even after recalibration, but it soon settles down. My advice is not to judge a ROM's battery life on the day you change ROMs but on how it performs after a few weeks.

Guest sej7278

With data and sync enabled all that standby time?

no i don't use 3g and i'd have thought if you leave sync on you'd have wakelocks, essentially it would never sleep. combine that with led notifications and its a good recipe for draining your battery fast.

Guest rockstarszzzz

no i don't use 3g and i'd have thought if you leave sync on you'd have wakelocks, essentially it would never sleep. combine that with led notifications and its a good recipe for draining your battery fast.

But if you don't leave push sync on, then what's the benefit of smart phone?

You can always go and check your emails using ordinary browser enabled phone!

Guest sej7278

quite, but people seem more obsessed with battery life than functionality.

Guest LorianNod

On that subject I moved from n220+ to n277 and standby battery seems good again.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Edited by LorianNod

Guest rockstarszzzz

On that subject I moved from n220+ to n277 and standby battery seems good again.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

+1 = It's been nearly an end to my first day. My standby battery loss has been very very very minimal. I've lost 8% on standby. However, I've not yet finished calibrating my phone. I will have to wait till the battery drains out and in next charge cycle I might be able to comment finally!

But so far, it's better!

Hope this isn't placebo!

Guest leetron1

Been on sej kang for week or so...am sure heavy drain is down to led notif....even using juice defender...

Syncs gmail every 15 mins...had email that was being notified thru most of the night...lost over 20% by the morning!!!

Just flashed n227 so hope to see an improvement...love softbuttons but button savior is a good second best...

Think I'm gonna go airplane mode at night to add that bit more of a boost..

Edited by leetron1

2% per hour is quite a big drain. presumably if we turn LED notification off, that will stop that extra drain?

airplane mode.. yes, just turn my phone off to save battery :rolleyes:

Guest sej7278

+1 = It's been nearly an end to my first day. My standby battery loss has been very very very minimal. I've lost 8% on standby. However, I've not yet finished calibrating my phone. I will have to wait till the battery drains out and in next charge cycle I might be able to comment finally!

hang on 8% in standby for under a day is an improvement?! wtf is wrong with your battery?

Anybody knows why building nightles for Blade was stopped?

Why do you think nighties has stopped?

I can perfectly live without updating every day :D

Once a week is more than enough for me.

Why do you think nighties has stopped?

I can perfectly live without updating every day :D

Once a week is more than enough for me.

noooo, we want updates every hour :-D

Last nightly for Blade is from 16-10-2011, for other devices after that date isome new.

I also live without daily nightly but I flashed nightly about a week ago and now looking for changes and want new nightly :rolleyes:

Edited by Simono

Guest jimwormold

2% per hour is quite a big drain. presumably if we turn LED notification off, that will stop that extra drain?

airplane mode.. yes, just turn my phone off to save battery :rolleyes:

How does one turn LED Notification off - is there a system wide setting, or does it have to be done on an app-by-app basis?

Guest julianpaul

Wow, this hasn't crossed my mind at all *cough* :), thx for the tip, will do!

I did check more, and there were some others having similar issues with viber. Version 2.1.2 released now fixes the proximity issue. try it out.

Edited by julianpaul

Guest JolyonS
hang on 8% in standby for under a day is an <b>improvement</b>?! wtf is wrong with your battery?

Would be an improvement here as well if using CM7 which I am at the moment.

I think 3G makes a big difference as do the data-grabbing widgets.

It might be interesting to do a like-for-like comparison with someone who has superior battery life - both flash the same ROM, no extras, charge the phones fully then leave in standby until they are out of juice - see if they are more or less the same.

Guest targetbsp

I've used many different ROMS, although I've been using CM7 for some time now, and to be perfectly honest I've not noticed any appreciable difference in the battery life of most the the ROMS I've used, and definitely none between GSF and CM7. I do find that in the first week after I change ROMs the battery performance is often poor, even after recalibration, but it soon settles down. My advice is not to judge a ROM's battery life on the day you change ROMs but on how it performs after a few weeks.

I agree entirely with this. Except for known faults in certain past versions of CM7, every single rom I've ever used from stock, all the froyos, GSF and CM7 have all behaved very similar to me.

Been on sej kang for week or so...am sure heavy drain is down to led notif....even using juice defender...

It'll only use more battery when it actually has something to tell you. Not in general. And even then it's not much as far as I can tell.

As far as I'm concerned, if someone has some time sensitive information to impart with me, facebook and email isn't the way to do it. I check my spam on my terms - not have it disturb me as it arrives. :D Maybe I'm getting old. :P

Edited by targetbsp