[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Hi, any way to get the LED-notification on a stable 7.1 without changing or wipeing?

You don;t have to wipe. You'd just flash the next nightly (when it's out) over the top of your current one. All settings and user apps will be preserved.

Guest targetbsp

If they are the cause of excessive battery drain (didn't Tom G, about a month ago, suggest that they would be a drain?) I really hope we can disable them !

He said they;d be a drain if he added support for them flashing. They don't flash. :)

And even if they did, it would only be when you had a missed call/text. Not permanently.

Guest targetbsp

Every time I update my rom I uninstall a load of system apps I don't want using Titanium. I was taught this by that original guide for removing orange bloatware from the stock rom. I know some others do so from the zip themselves before flashing.

I've just found a better way to do this which might be blindingly obvious to everyone in which case I'm about to sound like a muppet. :D

If you freeze them in titanium instead, they stay frozen when you update your rom! So I no longer have to remove the 43 system apps I don't want every time I update a nightly. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Richard_Arkless

Every time I update my rom I uninstall a load of system apps I don't want using Titanium. I was taught this by that original guide for removing orange bloatware from the stock rom. I know some others do so from the zip themselves before flashing.

I've just found a better way to do this which might be blindingly obvious to everyone in which case I'm about to sound like a muppet. :D

If you freeze them in titanium instead, they stay frozen when you update your rom! So I no longer have to remove the 43 system apps I don't want every time I update a nightly. :D

What I have done is create an update.zip and what its purpose is to delete things which I have no use for and add some custom ones which I do use so I always do this

1. flash cyanogenmod nightly

2. install gapps

3. install clean up zip

Edited by Richard_Arkless

If they are the cause of excessive battery drain (didn't Tom G, about a month ago, suggest that they would be a drain?) I really hope we can disable them !

I underline option for this :)

blade: build lights lib from source

Build lights lib from source.

Add config options to CMParts.

Update kernel to allow notification led to work while device sleeps.

What I have done is create an update.zip and what its purpose is to delete apks which I have no use for and install my own custom ones so I always do this

2. install gapps

3. install clean up zip

Could You share it?

Guest targetbsp

What I have done is create an update.zip and what its purpose is to delete apks which I have no use for and install my own custom ones so I always do this

2. install gapps

3. install clean up zip

I was actually going to try and write an Android app to do it. Like titaniums batch uninstall with a list of tickboxes except it remembers what you ticked last time. Now freeze does the job I need inspiration for a new app lol.

I'm using CM7 7.1 final, but after doing an upgrade on Clockwork Recovery Manager, I'm unable to install a rom, I choose reboot into recovery, but it stays always in the green Android, I have to take out the battery. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

edit.

Answering my own question :P In Clockwork Recovery Manager I installed a previous version 5.0.1.0, then installed 5.0.2.0, and it's working again. Maybe something went wrong in the previous update.

Edited by Baltar

Guest leetron1

Be interesting to see general opinion re. battery when more folk flash the next nightly...

led seemed to be the cause of significant drain for me...sticking with n227 until there's pos feedback from the community...

Guest targetbsp

Be interesting to see general opinion re. battery when more folk flash the next nightly...

led seemed to be the cause of significant drain for me...sticking with n227 until there's pos feedback from the community...

I've had the led patch since 9th october and my battery life is excellent. if you have a battery issue, I don't think the led patch is the cause. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Rooster#1

Im finding this thread SO confusing !!!! Id like to try a stable CM ROM, but am lost sad.gif

The first post looks like it should have a frame... which is broken on chrome browser ???

I have a GEN 1 OSF... currently on Portuguese spring, so has clockwork installed... but where do I go from here ?

Found this link XDA gen1 to gen2 + CM7, but is there a "better" way ? or would this be an old version ?

PLEASE can you hold my hand a little, as this is all so confusing !!!

Thanks

Im finding this thread SO confusing !!!! Id like to try a stable CM ROM, but am lost sad.gif

The first post looks like it should have a frame... which is broken on chrome browser ???

I have a GEN 1 OSF... currently on Portuguese spring, so has clockwork installed... but where do I go from here ?

Found this link XDA gen1 to gen2 + CM7, but is there a "better" way ? or would this be an old version ?

PLEASE can you hold my hand a little, as this is all so confusing !!!

Thanks

If you have a GEN1, the TPT method by wbaw is pretty much the best option. I don't know what you mean about being an old version, since it has the TPT for the latest "stable" cyanogenmod ROM, wich is 7.1

It's an all-in-one method, it doesn't get much simpler than that. You just have to do a few simple steps and you are done. If you don't wish to stay with the stable 7.1, you can just flash a new nightly after you are finished with the TPT

i am now getting an issue where i can hear myself in calls, normally recieved calls but its a bit random, it always does it when i make a call until it starts ringing, then it stops.

might have to wipe it clean and start again :(

Guest popoyaya

Surely this wouldn't work if you do a complete wipe? Which I like to do with every update.

Guest Carbonize

Surely this wouldn't work if you do a complete wipe? Which I like to do with every update.

That goes without saying but the point is you do not need to wipe when going from one CM nightly to another.

Guest Carbonize

Have to say the list of things to come in the next nightly is looking impressive. Wonder if any of the audio changes will allow CLoudSkipper to use it's equaliser for music.

Guest Rooster#1

If you have a GEN1, the TPT method by wbaw is pretty much the best option. I don't know what you mean about being an old version, since it has the TPT for the latest "stable" cyanogenmod ROM, wich is 7.1

It's an all-in-one method, it doesn't get much simpler than that. You just have to do a few simple steps and you are done. If you don't wish to stay with the stable 7.1, you can just flash a new nightly after you are finished with the TPT

So that file I linked to is the way to go then ?

Would I need to wipe - factory reset ? If so when ?

Thanks

Have to say the list of things to come in the next nightly is looking impressive. Wonder if any of the audio changes will allow CLoudSkipper to use it's equaliser for music.

where can you check it? the frame from the first post is broken.

Guest hugobosslives

So that file I linked to is the way to go then ?

Would I need to wipe - factory reset ? If so when ?

Thanks

yer you would have to wipe.

what they are talking about is not wiping when upgrading from one cm7 nightly to another.

as you are coming from a different rom, you MUST wipe/factory reset.

Guest shadowninty

What I have done is create an update.zip and what its purpose is to delete things which I have no use for and add some custom ones which I do use so I always do this

2. install gapps

3. install clean up zip

Yeah I do the same, except I have the clean up script in the GApps .zip