[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest lordofangels

Don't install Superuser 3.0.6! It'll take out your root access. :( Up to 3.0.5 are fine.

3.0.6 is fine for me, after the fecked su update killed my root this morning, it's the 3.1 that is buggered for me.

Guest targetbsp

I did it from Rom Manager so maybe it did the bad SU at the same time? But in the parent Blade forum (rather than this rom one) people are complaining who used the Market to update the app.

Guest targetbsp

Reading todays market reviews, he seems to have fixed the crashing bugs for those that had them in the app 3.0.6 but broken root access in the accompanying binary. So don't do a binary update from earlier versions either!

@lordofangels are you saying that if you update the app in the market it keeps your old SU and works fine then? If so you could update the app to 3.0.6 in the market and avoid updating the binary and avoid updating the app in rom manager.

Guest lordofangels

Reading todays market reviews, he seems to have fixed the crashing bugs for those that had them in the app 3.0.6 but broken root access in the accompanying binary. So don't do a binary update from earlier versions either!

@lordofangels are you saying that if you update the app in the market it keeps your old SU and works fine then? If so you could update the app to 3.0.6 in the market and avoid updating the binary and avoid updating the app in rom manager.

Yeah it was an update from the market that broke the root,

I flashed cm and every thing was fine on 3.0.6, it was the 3.1 binaries that was fecked.. I'll give a shot now let you know.

updated to 3.0.6 from the market, didn't update the binaries, every thing running fine.

Thanks targetbsp

Edited by lordofangels

do you have any idea how to get root access back :)?

Yeah, but you're not gonna like it. Format /system in clockwork, reinstall both cm7 AND GApps. Then avoid any updates from super user, turn automatic updates off, if you have to.

Guest lordofangels

Yeah, but you're not gonna like it. Format /system in clockwork, reinstall both cm7 AND GApps. Then avoid any updates from super user, turn automatic updates off, if you have to.

just uninstalled su and reflashing the rom, no wipes worked for me this morning

Edited by lordofangels

Guest spaceguy

just uninstalled su and reflashing the rom, no wipes worked for me this morning

thank you, did it for me. you saved me from the trouble reflashing everything:)

Guest MidaMilunk

i upgraded to n227 from 7.1.0 and the battery drain is very excessive.

With normal use, 3g and data sync, some sms and a total of 30minutes of call, the phone goes to 20% in about 14hours!!

with the 7.1.0 the phone goes to night with at least 40% of battery

anyone have the same problem?

I experienced the same with N220plus and on the other hand with the "MM HMP" "official 2.3.5" branch as well! Now I try 227plus, but I guess it is not going to be proved a ROM problem, since I got the same using very different ROM versions! The kernel is the same anyway in all current ROMs, so maybe there sould be the dog digged. (Hungarian saying)

I wonder if there is a difference between the kernel in 7.1.0 and n227... Are you using the same CPU/scheduler settings in both?

Guest rockstarszzzz

I experienced the same with N220plus and on the other hand with the "MM HMP" "official 2.3.5" branch as well! Now I try 227plus, but I guess it is not going to be proved a ROM problem, since I got the same using very different ROM versions! The kernel is the same anyway in all current ROMs, so maybe there sould be the dog digged. (Hungarian saying)

I wonder if there is a difference between the kernel in 7.1.0 and n227... Are you using the same CPU/scheduler settings in both?

on 227+ after one full charge-discharge cycle = one calibration cycle, 4 hours (mix standby and few minutes of email, browsing, espn app for scores) - I have lost 5%. I am satisfied. But as they say, 90-100% is very untrue reading so will wait and let you know.

But the MIUI- works perfect! Smoothness in native ADW is perfect and so is stability. However, 'auto brightness' has stopped working for me. Not a big fuss as I am now using 'slide on statusbar for brightness' control - which is so cool!

Guest targetbsp

Just flashed targetbsp's KANG and WOW it is AMAZING!

Awesome ROM and will keep it for quite a while......

Amazing work targetbsp!

Thanks, but I just compiled it. :) All I've basically done is Buildbots job for it whilst it seems to be slacking off! The work is all TomG, Jacobs and the rest of the CM teams effort! Any benefits it provides should also be coming in the next nightly whenever it arrives.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest brickornot

One question.

I had previously Ginger stif fry GSF b19-b27 and moldovian rom, and now i have cm7 kang.

But in previous cm7 this is too known thing - why

in cm7 roms apps list has visible lags ?

but in b27 or moldovian not ?

i am just curious - why cm7 which is better developed, which is more adjusted and has more options and things and people work more on him than on any other rom - why it has some lags but less developed roms has not lags ?

Guest rockstarszzzz

One question.

I had previously Ginger stif fry GSF b19-b27 and moldovian rom, and now i have cm7 kang.

i am just curious - why cm7 which is better developed, which is more adjusted and has more options and things and people work more on him than on any other rom - why it has some lags but less developed roms has not lags ?

In CM settings, go to performance and tick the box for 16 bit transperancy.

Also, you might have noticed CM has 5 columns the rest have 3 or 4 columns. Thus, change your ADW settings and make app drawer columns to 3 columns.

this may seem a dumb question but how do i set it to not update (where do i find the settings) ?

Don't install Superuser 3.0.6! It'll take out your root access. :( Up to 3.0.5 are fine.

Looks like i was too late as it seems i i have 3.0.6 how do i check if i am still rooted or not ?

*Edit Well i just did a check in Terminal Emulator typed su and it wanted root access clicke ok and got the # symbol so it should still be rooted for me using su 3.0.6

Edited by C3P001

Guest t0mm13b

this may seem a dumb question but how do i set it to not update (where do i find the settings) ?

Looks like i was too late as it seems i i have 3.0.6 how do i check if i am still rooted or not ?

*Edit Well i just did a check in Terminal Emulator typed su and it wanted root access clicke ok and got the # symbol so it should still be rooted for me using su 3.0.6

Simple, don't update the su binary, if it comes up asking for update.

Hit 'Menu', tap on 'Preferences', then scroll down, under 'Superuser Information', look and see it says 'Su binary v3.0' or similar.

If the binary is b0rk3d, you will get something similar to 'Su binary vnull'

:)

One question.

I don't get any lag now with launcher pro+ and 16bit transparency.

Edited by De@n