[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest brickornot

do you guys have any problems with applications which run after startup ?

FOr me they wont run....i have to enable them manually after reboot.

sorry.its ok.

Edited by brickornot

Guest t0mm13b

Does anyone know when the next nightly will be released? Looks like it will contain a lot of updates.

https://cm-nightlies...m/?device=blade

The err... brightly rainbow coloured unicorns and hamsters that powers the buildbot, they need energy to replenish themselves before embarking on a hamster wheel, which in turn, generates electricity, which in turn powers the buildbot, which in turn spits out the nightlies... so patience and let them poor creatures have a rest for a bit.... :D

:lol:

The err... brightly rainbow coloured unicorns and hamsters that powers the buildbot, they need energy to replenish themselves before embarking on a hamster wheel, which in turn, generates electricity, which in turn powers the buildbot, which in turn spits out the nightlies... so patience and let them poor creatures have a rest for a bit.... :D

:lol:

This must be my first post in 8 months of reading this forum and it is just because that was funny!

I must have a really weird sense of humour.

Guest sej7278

Binary in SU now safe to update, new version 3.0.2

are you sure as i've never updated my superuser via market and its already 3.0.4 in the rom (from october 9th by the looks of my git repo).

16bpp got merged, just need settings app now.

Guest cool400

Which version of GAPPS should I use?

I wiped everything, installed the latest CM7 uploaded from targetbsp and flashed GAPPS 20110828.

On the homescreen I see "Problems loading widget" where the Google-Search should appear (I think) and I can't find GMail anywhere in my apps :blink:

I'm missing also other GAPPS like Talk (I seperately installed the "New Talk 20110828" after the normal GAPPS), Maps, YouTube etc.

I can only see Google-Search in my apps (NOT on the homescreen), nothing else from GAPPS...

Best regards

cool400 B)

Guest giopego

I experienced the same with N220plus and on the other hand with the "MM HMP" "official 2.3.5" branch as well! Now I try 227plus, but I guess it is not going to be proved a ROM problem, since I got the same using very different ROM versions! The kernel is the same anyway in all current ROMs, so maybe there sould be the dog digged. (Hungarian saying)

I wonder if there is a difference between the kernel in 7.1.0 and n227... Are you using the same CPU/scheduler settings in both?

I'm using the same CPU/scheduler settings in both.

Now with n227-kang after 10h22m, 44m of phone call, 35m display use, i have 45% of battery...I think there's a problem, but I don't know what!

Guest hugobosslives

Which version of GAPPS should I use?

I wiped everything, installed the latest CM7 uploaded from targetbsp and flashed GAPPS 20110828.

On the homescreen I see "Problems loading widget" where the Google-Search should appear (I think) and I can't find GMail anywhere in my apps :blink:

I'm missing also other GAPPS like Talk (I seperately installed the "New Talk 20110828" after the normal GAPPS), Maps, YouTube etc.

I can only see Google-Search in my apps (NOT on the homescreen), nothing else from GAPPS...

Best regards

cool400 B)

08/28 is the right one.

yer the widgets do that. just get rid of them (long press and drag to bin) and then re-add them and they should work.

Apps like talk you must add from the market. when you first start the market it will prompt you to install them. if you don't format the system partition / fully wipe the gapps will stay.

Guest cool400

08/28 is the right one.

yer the widgets do that. just get rid of them (long press and drag to bin) and then re-add them and they should work.

Apps like talk you must add from the market. when you first start the market it will prompt you to install them. if you don't format the system partition / fully wipe the gapps will stay.

Thanks, but I can't find GTalk and GMail on the market! Where are they?

Maybe it's related to my german android?

Best regards

cool400 B)

Guest MidaMilunk

I'm using the same CPU/scheduler settings in both.

Now with n227-kang after 10h22m, 44m of phone call, 35m display use, i have 45% of battery...I think there's a problem, but I don't know what!

Is it good, or bad?

Last time when I test the 3G battery life I turned on data at 7:00, and I had to swith it off before noon, because the battery level was 55% with some 10 minutes phonecall, and the same time long display time (some GPS for traffic info)!

10h22m is a complete working day, quite a lot phone calls... you did not mentioned 3g/gsm data. Without data it is really bad, with data I think it is good!

Guest Roxxor91

I think the battery endurance is quite bad...(using 7.1 stable, wiped)

After a day of usage(got to charge it, 25%) I have about 50% consumed by the network, 35% by the display and 15% for several apps.(3G turned on, max. 5 minutes talking, few SMS and Whatsapp, browsing, K9 sync every 2 hours/Push for push accounts)

Something has to be wrong with the network. When I used 2.2(dont ask me which ROM) I had a standby of 4 Days. This wouldnt be possible with this network consumption...

And also the phone charges slower than before(AC Adapter).

Thanks, but I can't find GTalk and GMail on the market! Where are they?

Maybe it's related to my german android?

Best regards

cool400 B)

you need to download a software called "market enabler" from the market, then use this software to fake an american provider and then search for "gmail" or "google mail" or "googlemail" ... at least that's what's being said when i googled the problem.

Guest targetbsp

are you sure as i've never updated my superuser via market and its already 3.0.4 in the rom (from october 9th by the looks of my git repo).

The binary and the app have different versions. The app was updated from 3.05 (CM7 has had an old version for a long while now) to 3.06 this morning and the binary was updated from 3 to 3.0.1. It's the binary that was bad. If you updated your binary in an existing 3.x app this morning then you were stuffed. If you updated the app in ROm Manager then you were stuffed because it includes the binary when done that way. Now the binary is 3.0.2 and all ways of updating seem safe.

16bpp got merged, just need settings app now.

the settings app got a -ve in the code review so I guess we are awaiting a new patchset?

Any help for us who updated th SU bin? I am not able to gain root access now and thus I cannot update SU binary, should I do it manually?

You should be able to download the binary 3.0.2 in Rom Manager, reboot into recovery (using the power button menu, rom manager can't do it due to lack of root!) and flash the binary update in clockwork

What is 16bpp? Is it 16 bit transparency?

Yes. It's had the feature for a while. This just changes the default setting for it to ticked.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi guys!

One thing that's bothering me ever since Sej's reply regarding MIUI-like battery - I understand that there can never be a generic flashable .zip for MIUI battery option as it needs lots of compilation. However, it's very obvious that if we try to flash any theme other than the 3 that comes with CM7, we lose the MIUI battery bar. Probably because it isn't themed within the theme? However, anyway to have persistent MIUI battery inspite of flashing various themes? i.e. not changing the nightlies. With change in every nightly we will have to look for an intelligently compiled KANG, but say once we are happy with the KANG, can we tweak the themes so that they won't kill the battery bar? Am I making sense? Am I going round and repeating myself? Can't blame me, it's 2:10 am and this battery bar idea bothered me so I had to wake up and post here! Will look forward to some suggestions and solutions (if one exists!)

Oh btw: 227+ Kang, 12 hours and 35% battery left - Don't know if I should be happy, but that's been my working day. So while I sleep tonight hopefully I can add few hours to this and not lose much battery which will get me into more than 24 hour slot with at least 25% battery spare.

In the latest KANG build the energy widget in notification bar seems to be broken. The brightness control toggles to automatic but no further. The setting in cm-settings FCs. Automatic Brightness needs to be disabled in display settings.

Guest brickornot

I did something now look, it is reproducable every time:

1.go to market

2.install application FILE EXPERT (it is free, great file manager with network)

3.if you know will go to settings profiles and in group others will set vibrate mode to ON (default is no override), many apps will have FC.

for example:

4.enable web sharing in file expert - when you will do it in default profile everythings is fine but if you do it in profile where vibrate mode is switched from no override to ON, then there will be fc - not only in file expert but also in market, in starting phone, in many apps.

You should be able to download the binary 3.0.2 in Rom Manager, reboot into recovery (using the power button menu, rom manager can't do it due to lack of root!) and flash the binary update in clockwork

Thank you very much :)

Guest sej7278

Hi guys!

One thing that's bothering me ever since Sej's reply regarding MIUI-like battery - I understand that there can never be a generic flashable .zip for MIUI battery option as it needs lots of compilation. However, it's very obvious that if we try to flash any theme other than the 3 that comes with CM7, we lose the MIUI battery bar.

this patch and its twin that just got merged will break the miui battery bar, they'll need new patches as will softbuttons.

Guest hugobosslives

Hi guys!

One thing that's bothering me ever since Sej's reply regarding MIUI-like battery - I understand that there can never be a generic flashable .zip for MIUI battery option as it needs lots of compilation. However, it's very obvious that if we try to flash any theme other than the 3 that comes with CM7, we lose the MIUI battery bar. Probably because it isn't themed within the theme? However, anyway to have persistent MIUI battery inspite of flashing various themes? i.e. not changing the nightlies. With change in every nightly we will have to look for an intelligently compiled KANG, but say once we are happy with the KANG, can we tweak the themes so that they won't kill the battery bar? Am I making sense? Am I going round and repeating myself? Can't blame me, it's 2:10 am and this battery bar idea bothered me so I had to wake up and post here! Will look forward to some suggestions and solutions (if one exists!)

Oh btw: 227+ Kang, 12 hours and 35% battery left - Don't know if I should be happy, but that's been my working day. So while I sleep tonight hopefully I can add few hours to this and not lose much battery which will get me into more than 24 hour slot with at least 25% battery spare.

I use the honeycomb theme for cm7 (which is not one of the three themes) and it doesn't break the battery bar or the softbuttons......

Guest targetbsp

In the latest KANG build the energy widget in notification bar seems to be broken. The brightness control toggles to automatic but no further. The setting in cm-settings FCs. Automatic Brightness needs to be disabled in display settings.

Quoting from another forum I posted the rom on " if you go into the settings menu to chose which buttons you have on the status bar it has a "brightness modes" menu which allows you to chose which modes you want the button to scroll through and now I've selected a few the button is now working"

Probably related to these changes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8642

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8643