[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Noob question. I've flashed the n227+ Kang provided by JobSup, this one had the MIUI battery bar ? Cause I've nothing new, my battery bar still the default one.

Sej, we miss your Kang build ;(

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest targetbsp

Noob question. I've flashed the n227+ Kang provided by JobSup, this one had the MIUI battery bar ? Cause I've nothing new, my battery bar still the default one.

Sej, we miss your Kang build ;(

You have chosen it in settings right? :) It's not on by default.

Edited by targetbsp

You have to set it somewhere in the Cyanogen Settings (if I remember User Interface -> Status Bar -> Battery...)

Anyhow, since this modification probably won't make it in the code, n227+ might have been my build where I include that patch. We will see.

Guest rockstarszzzz

this patch and its twin that just got merged will break the miui battery bar, they'll need new patches as will softbuttons.

That's sad bad news! But good news is since you know this is going to happen, I am soooo going to count on you for a KANG ;) I know you love your softbuttons, so will come up with a patch, but when you do can you please think of us who like more buttons on top which is done by MIUI battery please? :)

I use the honeycomb theme for cm7 (which is not one of the three themes) and it doesn't break the battery bar or the softbuttons......

I've also got the LunarUI - pretty decent work there, it's improved a lot! That hasn't broken the battery too! Yay! With broken I meant certain themes for e.g. honeycomb which is mainly blue-grey-ish doesn't theme it and will either leave it black or leave it the green - both of which don't match your theme on rest of the screens. If it was a regular feature I'm sure themes would include it. But again, if there was simple swapping of files within a apk or something similar, probably we could make a flashable zip that 'borrows' colours from theme and uses same in top bar of battery.

Guest brickornot

this cm7 kang rom is awesome, great fantastic options. only one thing - comparing to moldovian or gsf, cm7 is real battery killer. have no idea why.

Quoting from another forum I posted the rom on " if you go into the settings menu to chose which buttons you have on the status bar it has a "brightness modes" menu which allows you to chose which modes you want the button to scroll through and now I've selected a few the button is now working"

Unfortunately this menu FCs on me, even with a freshly full wiped CM7 install. Process com.cyanogenmod.cmparts to be exact.

Guest snowbord

To all with battery problems - try using the ondemand governor. GSF uses it by default. CM7 uses interactive. Use powertutor to narrow down what app is caning your battery. Use CPU spy to see if your phone is sleeping.

Edited by snowbord

Guest t0mm13b

To all with battery problems - try using the ondemand governor. GSF uses it by default. CM7 uses interactive.

That's a very good tip - thanks for that +1 from me.

(It explains a lot on why I was getting longer battery life with the other blade that I use for dev - it was using ondemand governor. On my personal blade, it was interactive so am in agreement with that tip - thought I was going mad here!!! :D)

Guest robinhud2010

I think i found a bug. I use poweramp as my music player and when i lock the screen while listening to a song, the playback slows down (stutters) and there's a little static in the background. I'm on targebsp's kang and i've also experienced this with sej's n220+. Maybe the bug was in stable 7.1.0 and should be reported? Or maybe it's just me?

Btw, i've enabled music player controls on cyanogenmod lockscreen. Did'nt notice this when using default music player tho...

Edited by robinhud2010

To all with battery problems - try using the ondemand governor. GSF uses it by default. CM7 uses interactive. Use powertutor to narrow down what app is caning your battery. Use CPU spy to see if your phone is sleeping.

how can i use it? where do i find it? i've never heard of it..

I think i found a bug. I use poweramp as my music player and when i lock the screen while listening to a song, the playback slows down and there's a little static in the background. I'm on targebsp's kang and i've also experienced this with sej's n220+. Maybe the bug was in stable 7.1.0 and should be reported? Or maybe it's just me?

Btw, i've enabled music player controls on cyanogenmod lockscreen. Did'nt notice this when using default music player tho...

Have you changed your min cpu frequency?

Have you never heard of google ?

I also never heard of it,but within seconds google showed me

http://ziyang.eecs.u...cts/powertutor/

Its also on the market.

Assuming it was power tutor you have not heard of.

For cpu spy,see post above.

You dont need an extra app to tweak this.

You can select settings(from menu)/CyanogenMod/The setting just after Lockscreen (sorry i have dutch language selected, option there is "Prestaties")/CPU settings/select On Demand as governor.

Guest downloader50

The err... brightly rainbow coloured unicorns and hamsters that powers the buildbot, they need energy to replenish themselves before embarking on a hamster wheel, which in turn, generates electricity, which in turn powers the buildbot, which in turn spits out the nightlies... so patience and let them poor creatures have a rest for a bit.... :D

:lol:

That was helpful....not

Guest sej7278

new "plus" build dated 24/oct: 115 patches since n227, softbuttons, the rebased miui battery bar patches, blade settings app (and led/16bpp that got merged).

note that as they fscked with the battery settings miui is disabled by default when you flash this, to turn it back on you have to go to:

settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks->battery status style and select "status bar"

usual place

Edited by sej7278

Guest brickornot

In powertutor i can see that in my phone screen is using more power than cpu.

Can it be because i set automatic brightness level or something ?

if yes - how to set it good ?

Edited by brickornot

new "plus" build dated 24/oct: 115 patches since n227, softbuttons, the rebased miui battery bar patches, blade settings app (and led/16bpp that got merged).

note that as they fscked with the battery settings miui is disabled by default when you flash this, to turn it back on you have to go to:

settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks->battery status style and select "status bar"

usual place

Thanksbiggrin.gif

Guest adrien56

thanks :) will see if there is no hard drain battery like n227+ .it was the only problem for me.

PS: there is a problem with your link (too much people downloading i assume ).someone can upload it in a mirror plz ? :)

Edited by adrien56