[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest shmizan
Guest sej7278

thanks :) will see if there is no hard drain battery like n227+ .it was the only problem for me.

PS: there is a problem with your link (too much people downloading i assume ).someone can upload it in a mirror plz ? :)

no problem with my server, i just block download managers (as it says on the download page).

i've not seen any battery problems with the three builds of n227 i've made, so would be interesting if those with n220+ (or other n227 builds) battery problems still see it.

Edited by sej7278

this patch and its twin that just got merged will break the miui battery bar, they'll need new patches as will softbuttons.

Sorry, don't have time to dig deeper, but would you mind sharing the softbuttons patch if it needed to be refreshed. Thanks :)

edit: Is autobrightness working at all atm, or is it just the widget that's messed up?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278

Sorry, don't have time to dig deeper, but would you mind sharing the softbuttons patch if it needed to be refreshed. Thanks :)

edit: Is autobrightness working at all atm, or is it just the widget that's messed up?

turned out it didn't need to be, its config.xml that my patch modifies, i was thinking it was strings.xml

the 4 miui patches needed 2 to be rebased.

auto-brightness is working, but if you change the setting via the power widget you'll have to go back into settings->display to fix it again. what broke that? this and this patch perhaps....

edit: found it, look in settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->notification power widget->widget buttons, then scroll right down off the screen and there's "brightness modes", just add "auto, 100%" etc. in there, currently it only has 25%

Edited by sej7278

turned out it didn't need to be, its config.xml that my patch modifies, i was thinking it was strings.xml

the 4 miui patches needed 2 to be rebased.

auto-brightness is working, but if you change the setting via the power widget you'll have to go back into settings->display to fix it again. what broke that? this patch perhaps?

Ok, thanks.

Has anyone tried to re-set the widget options and then toggle it? Just guessing because there seems to be some defauts problems going on with the Rework multiple value power widgets that might have an impact on brightness too?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest shmizan

I've also set min frequency to 122.

did not notice no slow playback turning screen off.

though I'm using "interactive" as my governor.

it could be it.

using sej's build 220+

Edited by shmizan

Guest MidaMilunk

In powertutor i can see that in my phone screen is using more power than cpu.

Can it be because i set automatic brightness level or something ?

if yes - how to set it good ?

PowerTutor does not recognize Blade, as it says at the first start .... I guess it reports maximum power usage with automatic brightness. Actually it is a fact, not a real guess, you can check it setting brightness level by hand, or switching it to automatic. Does not show WiFi power either, 3G is shown the same power as 2G, but anyway looks nice, and may even be helpful besides these!

Guest adrien56

no problem with my server, i just block download managers (as it says on the download page).

i've not seen any battery problems with the three builds of n227 i've made, so would be interesting if those with n220+ (or other n227 builds) battery problems still see it.

ok thanks i didn't know for the download manager and it was my problem .

also for the battery problem maybe it just me ,i mean i did't recalibrate the battery, but i think there were some people complaining about this probleme on 227+ on the topic.

thanks anayway you're doing a great job :)

am I the only who has a PokeLock after a call in the newer CM nightlies/KANG roms?

For some reason I assume it causes the battery drain for some of us in the latest nighties.

Can somebody check it?

-Reboot the phone

-In terminal emulator enter: "su" then "dumpsys power"

-Check if there is no wake/pokelocks

-Initiate a call

-In terminal emulator enter: "su" then "dumpsys power"

-check if there is there is a poke/wake lock in the bottom line.

Mine looks like:

mPokeLocks.size=1:

poke lock 'PhoneApp': POKE_LOCK_IGNORE_CHEEK_EVENTS

and seems only reboot makes it disappear. (until the next call)

Guest -MackaN

Hi!

I've havn't used CM7 for a while, and now i'm thinking of going back to it again, because i've heard that the latest versions are ALOT better, last time used it i had N108.

Comming from GSF b19, which version of CM7 should i flash if i want a good batterytime?

I am also thinking of changing the partitions, im on a windows-upgradad GEN2, so which TPT from Here should i use? Im thinking of 160mb system, will that do it?

And also, will the TPT erase CWM so i have to install it again, or is it possible to run the tpt, then boot inte the clockwork version i have installed and format/flash? I have CWM 3.0.2.x something, is it necessary to upgrade it to a later version? Could someone also please mention which parts i have to wipe in CWM to have a trouble-free installation of CM7?

Thx in advance, and sorry for some newbie-questions

Guest Amphoras

Hi!

I've havn't used CM7 for a while, and now i'm thinking of going back to it again, because i've heard that the latest versions are ALOT better, last time used it i had N108.

Comming from GSF b19, which version of CM7 should i flash if i want a good batterytime?

I am also thinking of changing the partitions, im on a windows-upgradad GEN2, so which TPT from Here should i use? Im thinking of 160mb system, will that do it?

And also, will the TPT erase CWM so i have to install it again, or is it possible to run the tpt, then boot inte the clockwork version i have installed and format/flash? I have CWM 3.0.2.x something, is it necessary to upgrade it to a later version? Could someone also please mention which parts i have to wipe in CWM to have a trouble-free installation of CM7?

Thx in advance, and sorry for some newbie-questions

The 160 Gen 2 TPT should be fine. It should install CWM 5.0.2.0 at the same time and will boot into that after the TPT is finished. Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and you should be ok.

new "plus" build dated 24/oct: 115 patches since n227, softbuttons, the rebased miui battery bar patches, blade settings app (and led/16bpp that got merged).

note that as they fscked with the battery settings miui is disabled by default when you flash this, to turn it back on you have to go to:

settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks->battery status style and select "status bar"

usual place

Hey sej thanks for your + build!

I seem to remember there was an option to colour the status bar style battery indicator as per theme, however I can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers, Paul

Guest jackal-sk

the option is not available in this rom.

i wonder if what Geree found is a case of possible higher battery drain.

sej, thx!

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest IPB_Refugee

@PowerAmp users with "stuttering sound problems":

Did you try to increase the cache? You can change this somewhere in PowerAmp's settings.

BTW: Is it just me, or is the sound quality of PowerAmp in CM7 slightly worse than the sound quality of PlayerPro Music Player Trial? (If you want to test it: The free trial version is fully functional for 7 days.)

I tested it just with a few songs of Nelly Furtado, of course at the same volume level and with equalizers disabled. But maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Mine looks like:

mPokeLocks.size=1:

poke lock 'PhoneApp': POKE_LOCK_IGNORE_CHEEK_EVENTS

and seems only reboot makes it disappear. (until the next call)

I have that too. However the phone sleeps normally after a call, meaning I cannot wake it up with pressing a front button.

Guest oxyg3n89

if EQ disabled and there are no additional sound tweaks, all music apps sound the same. for me poweramp is best audio player when it comes to EQ and sound tweaks, reminds me Rockbox firmware for portable audio players. however the sound Q, blade hardware produces is below average, as there is loud some kind of static noise(3 new blades were put on quality tests). so do not expect miracles.;)

@PowerAmp users with "stuttering sound problems":

Did you try to increase the cache? You can change this somewhere in PowerAmp's settings.

BTW: Is it just me, or is the sound quality of PowerAmp in CM7 slightly worse than the sound quality of PlayerPro Music Player Trial? (If you want to test it: The free trial version is fully functional for 7 days.)

I tested it just with a few songs of Nelly Furtado, of course at the same volume level and with equalizers disabled. But maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Edited by oxyg3n89

Guest popoyaya

new "plus" build dated 24/oct: 115 patches since n227, softbuttons, the rebased miui battery bar patches, blade settings app (and led/16bpp that got merged).

note that as they fscked with the battery settings miui is disabled by default when you flash this, to turn it back on you have to go to:

settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks->battery status style and select "status bar"

usual place

Great stuff Sej! I have a question...

If I want to remove some system apps from this rom and certain wallpapers and unwanted alarms, etc, to get it to fit into a 140mb partition, is it simply a matter of unzipping, deleting the unwanted files and rezipping? Or does it need resigning and if so how do I go about doing that? Thanks.

Edited by popoyaya

Guest rockstarszzzz

Great stuff Sej! I have a question...

If I want to remove some system apps from this rom and certain wallpapers and unwanted alarms, etc, to get it to fit into a 140mb partition, is it simply a matter of unzipping, deleting the unwanted files and rezipping? Or does it need resigning and if so how do I go about doing that? Thanks.

Using winrar, you can delete t hings without resigning and rezipping. It opens the zip in edit mode and closes as it was packed originally. I always use it.

Guest popoyaya

Using winrar, you can delete t hings without resigning and rezipping. It opens the zip in edit mode and closes as it was packed originally. I always use it.

Great tip, thanks. I'm guessing this wouldn't work for adding files to the zip?

Or you can use astro on your blade