[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
it doesnt show what rc is?

What does a release candidate mean? is there a difference between rc and a nightly?

It does show RC's? Scroll down a bit and you'll see RC4 - and the nightlies since then are the difference between the current nightly and that RC4.

Normally in software development 'release candidate' means you consider this software good enough for release. In CM7 terms it means the CM7 features are - but not necessarily for any specific device. So for all intents and purposes - it's just a release that was named differently on that night.

On the reboot topic I just did a complete wipe (first time I ever needed too with CM7) - spent ages setting everything up and it was fine. Then within a minute of setting my overclock it hung. So is everyone with reboots overclocked and those that don't have reboots not overclocked or something?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Frankish

People I don't know how you dare moan about any reboots or stability issues at anything other than stock 600mhz. My phone works at 710 but rebooted occasionally.

It doesn't matter if it worked in the past stable at any speed. The device was shipped at 600mhz for a reason.

Guest targetbsp
People I don't know how you dare moan about any reboots or stability issues at anything other than stock 600mhz. My phone works at 710 but rebooted occasionally.

It doesn't matter if it worked in the past stable at any speed. The device was shipped at 600mhz for a reason.

I don't know that is the cause. I'm asking. :D If that's the cause then great I know how to fix it. If it's not then N36 is knackered and it's a waste of time to play with it further. B)

Guest whatcolour

rebooting issue?

I have noticed that KK's smartass scheduler (which is in the new kernel) have problems with downclocking. I used to be on 122 and 691 with smartass, but now it often reboots right after restart, adjusting the lower clock to 245 solved the problem once and for all.

Guest Roo13

Hi,

Just for the feedback because i didn't get any reboots:

- Cache and dalvik cache wiped

- n36 flashed over RC4

- SmartAss CPU governor 320/600

- Played few minutes AB

- Used GMaps with wifi and GPS, and turned them off

I don't have 3G, may it be the origin of the bug..?

Guest surfatwork

great work by the devs on this ROM - it is fast and i do like it.

unfortunately, I have the rebooting problem.

Wiped cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, installed N36, rebooted, then installed gapps and then rebooted again. did not restore from titanium, let google restore my apps through the market. didnt touch the GPS - as in it was automatically on and i let it be.

It still rebooted twice within 15 mins - the first time when I was unlocking it and then on its own.

back to SS RLS3.

Edited by surfatwork

Guest The Soup Thief

Hiya. Ok. All's good here still with no reboots

N36. No wipe (since I've had no problems). No overclocking (while the rom is in development, I think it's really muddying the water if people overclock and complain about problems. Maybe the first post shouldn't just say "No Wipe, No Whine", but also "Don't complain if your phone falls over when you overclock")

People are looking at temperature spikes as potenital triggers to reboots, so I've done a little monitoring today

Sleeping in flight mode - idles between 23 and 27 degrees

GPS/maps off, 3G on 35 +/-1

GPS active (with an offline map showing), flight mode (so 3g off) stablises at 40 degrees

GPS active, 3G on, temperature stablises at 41

So no reboots, but also no temp spikes under any of the above circumstances

EDIT - having said the above ("thou shallt not o/c"), I'm trying to replicate the reboots by turning on as many services as possible. Have Wifi, GPS, 3G all on. Also tried overclocking. I can freeze my phone by overclocking too high, same as on any ROM, but I can't bring about frank reboots this way, even by overclocking just a little and leaving it doing all these different things

Not even closing maps / GPS will shut it down - meanwhile temperature remains pretty stable throughout - can't seem to get it above 41 degrees

Also, further to the comment by Alpinestars, re the Just in Time compiler, I had it turned on but have just tried switching the JIT off (rebooting), switching maps off and on a few times and I still can't reproduce the reboot. Nothing interesting happens with the temperature either

Will see what happens to the temperature if I leave the phone to sleep with JIT off

For interest, people having this problem - is your JIT on or off?

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Michealtbh

I can confirm the rebooting problem is caused by overclocking. Decided to try nightly 36 for the third time today this time at stock clock speeds. Flashed straight over RC4 about an hour ago and I've been using my phone intensively ever since without a single problem.

Interestingly everything seems a lot more responsive than in RC4 despite not being overclocked

Guest Maringer
Interestingly everything seems a lot more responsive than in RC4 despite not being overclocked

Touchscreen seems a little more sensitive in N36 than in RC4 to me.

I suppose it is possible that I'm imagining this difference, however!

Guest Michealtbh

UI in general seems smoother too

Accelerometer issue still exists.

Got a quick GPS fix 10 minutes ago, no reboot so far

Edited by Michealtbh

Guest targetbsp

Mine seems stable with no overclock. :D So the question is... is overclocking broken in N36 or is it just more sensitive and you just ahve to overclock less? I shall experiment further tonight. B)

Guest whatcolour
Mine seems stable with no overclock. :D So the question is... is overclocking broken in N36 or is it just more sensitive and you just ahve to overclock less? I shall experiment further tonight. B)

are you on smartass? if so, keep the old overclock speed and adjust the underclock speed to 245. my experience is that underclocking under smartass seems to be the problem

Guest JayGB1982

To flash N36 over RC4 or not? That is the question?

Happy with the way things are set-up at present. Only issue that bugs me is the GPS re-boot.

Heard users having issues with the accelerometer previously? Is this fixed in N36?

Guest targetbsp
are you on smartass? if so, keep the old overclock speed and adjust the underclock speed to 245. my experience is that underclocking under smartass seems to be the problem

I'm on On Demand I suspect. I've never changed it anyway. ;)

It seems the slightest overclock kills N36. When using 'On demand' at least.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Paden

Hi all

Have earlier issues regarding the Bluetooth connection not working correctly once the phone sleeps been sorted?

I'd previously tried N25 which was good back then but had this issue, which forced me back to my original Froyo ROM.

I've seen others mention the same problem but none have said it's been resolved.

Cheers, Paul

Guest Frankish
To flash N36 over RC4 or not? That is the question?

Happy with the way things are set-up at present. Only issue that bugs me is the GPS re-boot.

Heard users having issues with the accelerometer previously? Is this fixed in N36?

I can't produce this bug on RC4 which is confusing as it's been confirmed so much. I play Doodle Jump and Hyperjump to test. What can reproduce this everytime?

Guest Michealtbh
I can't produce this bug on RC4 which is confusing as it's been confirmed so much. I play Doodle Jump and Hyperjump to test. What can reproduce this everytime?

In Abduction, there is roughly a half second delay between moving the phone and gameplay responding. Makes games like this impossible to play.

Just had a gps related shut down. My phone actually shut itself down all by itself, just like if I was to shut it down, rather than crashed (TFT Blade)

Edited by Michealtbh

Guest reluctant_traveller

Everyone experiencing problems with rebooting in N36 have a TFT blade, and those without problems on OLED blade?

Can posters confirm phone type?

Guest targetbsp
Everyone experiencing problems with rebooting in N36 have a TFT blade, and those without problems on OLED blade?

I'm Oled. It's overclocking vs not - not screen type.

Guest Amphoras

Mine is an OLED, but I only had reboots if I overclocked it. Within a few seconds of selecting the faster speed it would freeze then reboot.

Guest mvheuver

Nope, I have a TFT model and N36 is working like a charm for me, best ROM so far for me personally. Strange to see such a discrepancy amongst users.

Guest JimJam707
I'm Oled. It's overclocking vs not - not screen type.

The OLED devices are slightly older revisions of hardware. Other things than just screen may be different.

Guest mvheuver
Nope, I have a TFT model and N36 is working like a charm for me, best ROM so far for me personally. Strange to see such a discrepancy amongst users.

Having said that, for me too overclocking seems to create problems. I played Angry Birds for a few minutes @691 and it was absolutely super smooth, but then after those few minutes the screen froze. Note that it didn't reboot by itself, but the screen became unresponsive and I had to hold the power button.