[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest rockstarszzzz

Tip for the ppl who are complaining about batterylife

install http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=739530

it will auto switch to 2g while screen is off for more then at least 2 minutes.

2g is enough for background syncing and it saves LOTS of battery life.

That reads like a really good find!

If it does exactly as you say, then it will be the most perfect thing for someone like me who has heavy background syncs! I keep my phone on 3g and let myself suffer from battery drain only because I can't be bothered swapping manually each time between 2g and 3g. Will report back! Flashing now..

Guest brickornot

These battery issues really suck.

brickornot, have you done battery calibration having flashed the rom ?

yes.

i did calibration.

And as i wrote earlier - on moldovan and gsf batter were always great...

I dont know why others have good life with battery and others not. Maybe it depends on networks in other countires, maybe different part of silicon (Si) - it good be the same reason why some people can overclock to above 800mhZ but others can only up to 710 to experience hang.

But generally speaking from statistics which are in my heads, and my brain, as brain of most people, tells me that this statistics are ideal, while searching for optimal rom, people generally says that cm7 has worse battery life than gsf or moldovan.

But unfortunatelly cm7 is best rom ever....

Guest rockstarszzzz

For me it's not 3g problem. I use 2g on nights. Now if on the evening battery is full morning is about 92%. On earlier nightly it was still 100%

I can +1 on this.

Overnight battery drain for me has been nearly 10% every night. Phone goes to deep sleep when I look at settings. Early nightlies before N200, it used to drop only about 1% at max. Recently it doesn't but I blamed every morning on my apps and after removing those, I don't get 10% but still about 4% over night drain.

Guest downloader50

I can +1 on this.

Overnight battery drain for me has been nearly 10% every night. Phone goes to deep sleep when I look at settings. Early nightlies before N200, it used to drop only about 1% at max. Recently it doesn't but I blamed every morning on my apps and after removing those, I don't get 10% but still about 4% over night drain.

In airplane mode over night lost zero %

Guest Carbonize

Tip for the ppl who are complaining about batterylife

install http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

it will auto switch to 2g while screen is off for more then at least 2 minutes.

2g is enough for background syncing and it saves LOTS of battery life.

Which file do we need to download from there though? Doesn't really make it clear on that page.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Which file do we need to download from there though? Doesn't really make it clear on that page.

Download the update.toggle.zip - something like that - the 3rd file.

Flash it like you would flash a ROM. I did a dalvik wipe, but I don't think you have to!

hmm, too good to be true..i mean i hear static noise even with original zte 4pin earphones(when low ohm noise canceling earphones pluged it's crazy loud!), the same noise come from phone speaker when you put it close to ear, music 10-30% volume set. i also bought 4pin plug and did soldering trying many combinations.. there are 3 blades at home, all have the same problem, so i think it is mass hardware related. i can confirm that using original zte headset, it does reduce volume of static noise but makes output volume lower. the same way works portable resistor/volume control, the best solution for me :) anyway need to carry mp3 player all the time..

blade is budget phone and apart of music, little weak battery, perfect phone for me :)plus the big part- modaco communy rocks! B) a little off-topic though, sorry about that :lol:;)

I'm glad someone else is hearing it also, even with zte earphones. I've managed to minimize the static with using some dsp settings. I've not done any scientifical tests, nor have I tried all there is to try. Currently these are my dsp manager settings:

Bass boost - slight

EQ - enabled but flat

Loudness - weakest

These settings work ok with my crappy (as in not hi-fi) sony earphones that came with a walkman and since there isn't that much of processing going on, music doesn't get "spoiled" either. Crappy hw, but there seems to be a way to make listening experience a bit more acceptable. The static and the high pitch squeeee seem to be random in a wierd way. I use nanoloop with my blade and when playing a pattern, say bassdrum only, the squeeeeee comes and goes as it pleases. I might hear a clean beat for a while or not at all. Really don't mind it that much, I've actually started to like it.. in a random sort of a way ;)

Guest mpx200'05

Download the update.toggle.zip - something like that - the 3rd file.

Flash it like you would flash a ROM. I did a dalvik wipe, but I don't think you have to!

From the developer:

Installation:

The easiest way to see if Toggle2G works on your ROM is flash the Toggle2G-Update.zip. If your ROM is compatible, Toggle2G will show up in your app drawer.

Note from the developer:

•Changing network can be slow. You may have to wait a second for 3G to reactivate. I suggest using the manual switch to 3G option and plugin (Toggle 2G Notification Plugin.apk)

•3 settings for the Tasker/Locale plugin and home screen widget. Automatic, 2G , or 3G (Setting 2G or 3G disables auto mode)

I've chosen for the manual method by rebooting into recovery (from Rom Manager). So no wipes are needed.

Guest robinhud2010

i'd say the battery issues must be due to 3g as i've never had a problem before or since n220+, and i don't have 3g

as far as notification power widget not working properly at the moment - the functionality does work but the settings have been moved/added all over the place and and the defaults are crap e.g. brightness is 25% or nothing, no mention of auto/dim! i suspect the same applies for audio modes.

same goes for miui battery bar - it needs reconfiguring to turn it on in my 24oct build, even if you had it enabled in n220+, plus we've now lost the facility for the colour to follow the theme which seems a bit counter-productive, and i think the exact opposite of the suggestions in gerrit!

I too use only 2g as i don't have 3g. But battery life is visibly much worse than on gsf. If that's not enough, i regularly lose 8-10% charge overnight when it used to be barely 1% on gsf.

Guest targetbsp

I can +1 on this.

Are you taking into account that a bug in versions older than N206 caused the wifi to be off? And now that bug is fixed and it's on. It uses power you know...

Mine still uses 0% over night but I have a tasker script to turn my wifi off with the screen.

And also that the default governor these days is more battery intensive. Again, I've switched to onDemand.

Unless you've played with settings, you are not comparing like for like configs with pre and post N206.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

the weird thing is:

i had battery percentage 90%.

I rebooted and had 93%.

Now i had 68% battery percentage.

Rebooted and now i have 71%.

Not turning off- just reboot.

rebooting (or booting) can easily eat 3-5% of the battery. never seen it add to the battery though :D

Guest sej7278

I too use only 2g as i don't have 3g. But battery life is visibly much worse than on gsf. If that's not enough, i regularly lose 8-10% charge overnight when it used to be barely 1% on gsf.

you've got a rogue app with a wakelock due to syncing (as someone said - faceshite, google+, google maps and google reader are prone to this) or 3g/wifi/gps is being enabled or something then, no way you should lose more than 1-2% per night.

its not the rom. i don't lose 8-10% during the day let alone when in standby at night!

Edited by sej7278

Guest giopego

obviously if you put the phone in airplane mode the discharge rate is nearly to 0....the phone have to calculate only pass time, like a clock...

anyone use the phone only in 2g mode and without data sync try to activate this feature for 1 day and give us a feedback.

During my activity monitoring I notice average cpu usage is very less then 10%.

the battery drain by the most active activity is only the 0.6%...so I think that the problem is the phone's 3g connection...

Guest downloader50

you've got a rogue app with a wakelock due to syncing (as someone said - faceshite, google+, google maps and google reader are prone to this) or 3g/wifi/gps is being enabled or something then, no way you should lose more than 1-2% per night.

its not the rom. i don't lose 8-10% during the day let alone when in standby at night!

Totally agree I lose 2% from 10pm untill 9am on normal stand by and 0% in airplane mode

Guest juniperz

Having been lurking here for months, with MCR12 on my Blade, I finally took the plunge last week; with sej's n220plus. I had hesitated because I needed corporate email and bluetooth in car to work - well I can say that Lotus Notes Traveler works just fine, and so does in-car calling with a built-in kit (Audi). Glad I went for one of sej's ROMS because I really like the soft buttons and I had no qualms about going to his 24oct update this morning. Don't think I want to use a build without the soft buttons...

So thanks to sej7278 - may your KANG+ builds continue - and of course to Tom, Jacob & the other CM devs.

I am sure I was going to ask some noob questions, but I think I have most of it sussed now, thanks to the community here :rolleyes:

PS - Thought of one thing - When I go Settings -> Display, I get a Force Close in Settings every time. This is on both of the sej ROMs. I must have got into it at least once, because I changed the lock screen timeout and set a strong password (corporate requirement), but I now cannot change it. Any ideas?

Edited by juniperz

Guest ManMetDeHamer

you download the zip and flash it from clockwork

I'm not absolutely sure if it's correct that everybody and always measure the battery life by how much does it drain during sleep/during night. Currently I'm quite satisfied with CM7 battery life if phone sleeps...but it doesn't matter who sais what, but I think it significantly eats more power during (the same) use than previous (leaked gingerbread/gsf) ROMs.

With minimal use I usually lost during the day about 10% but now with CM it's almost doubled.

e.g. If I let the phone sleep all they long with radios off sure it won't drain a percent, but no sooner than I use the phon to read an email via 2G in gmail it drains 3% immediately. I don't think if my battery is dying..(only few months old) but it was different with other ROMs for sure. Can caused by the CPU governors/2G/3G radios? Not sure.

I don't know if the others agree with me on this.

Guest targetbsp

My in use battery life with apps (mostly games) is identical to any other rom. I can't especially speak for data, I've never really compared that.

I run the phone in 2g. The governor will certainly affect the battery life.

I'm not so sure about your email using 3% - I just checked my mail in maildroid and it used precisely nothing. My gut feeling about unexpected drops is that it's more a case of it sort of playing catch up with battery lost whilst idle that it hadn't got around to noticing yet

i'd say the battery issues must be due to 3g as i've never had a problem before or since n220+, and i don't have 3g

that's pretty much how i experience things myself. the drain with 3g seems much higher than with wifi. this has been the other way around with GSF from which i switched to CM7.

for the record: i've got facebook and gmaps installed, the other mentioned suspects arent installed.

I'm sure that not problem is with 3G. At night I always switch to 2G from 9:00 pm to 6:00 pm, also WiFi is switched off and baterry drops from full to about 92%. I use my phone like before, no G+ and FB. On earlier nightly on the morning i always have 100% if on the evening baterry was full..

Maybe new GAPPS is the problem. I use new GAPPS from 20110828 until with flash leatest stable and the ROM Manager download it, before that i use GAPPS from 20110613.

Edited by Simono