[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest MidaMilunk

I have n227plus (the first one named 127...) installed over 220plus. No LED notification works.

Settings are terribly over sophisticated, why can not this just work as in the Moldovan ROM?

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest ThrashMan

I have n227plus (the first one named 127...) installed over 220plus. No LED notification works.

Settings are terribly over sophisticated, why can not this just work as in the Moldovan ROM?

Why can't you learn to think for your self instead of making stupid posts and whining!?

Format and start again......fekwit!

Guest targetbsp

Maybe new GAPPS is the problem. I use new GAPPS from 20110828 until with flash leatest stable and the ROM Manager download it, before that i use GAPPS from 20110613.

I still use the old gapps. Hate the new market. :D

Guest MidaMilunk

Why can't you learn to think for your self instead of making stupid posts and whining!?

Format and start again......fekwit!

ASS! far as I know, nightlies can be upgraded without wipe! Later on I will start it over of course, but I have to know if it work for anyone at all!

Guest robinhud2010

you've got a rogue app with a wakelock due to syncing (as someone said - faceshite, google+, google maps and google reader are prone to this) or 3g/wifi/gps is being enabled or something then, no way you should lose more than 1-2% per night.

its not the rom. i don't lose 8-10% during the day let alone when in standby at night!

Ok, will freeze gmaps and "faceshite" laugh.gif and report back on how it turns out...

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest rockstarszzzz

Looking at the current 'change log' that might be merged if we ever get a new nightly, I have a very bad feeling that it will have things broken! How many changes can they make for a single version before being tested? There have to be at least 2 things broken in that list of 120+ changes!

Guest brickornot

when some apps is syncing, use gps or 3g or wifi, as far as i noticed - i noticed that it is impossible to do thins things and 'be' in deep sleep state. But as cpu spy shows - my phone is mostly in deep sleep state.

Guest robinhud2010

I know this has been brought up before, but isn't there a way to make a flashable zip out of the dolby audio effect from the monte carlo rom for us bladers? Is it possible? I know beats audio has been ported over to htc devices running sense (turning a deeper shade of green here)...

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest deepmenace

hi all - im was using a nightly build - 10102011 approx...all was good then i tried to download a-gps data....

my gps position stopped updating entirely. i was on holiday up in northern england.

when i got home the gps still placed me on holiday, up north.

so i applyed a newer nightly the 10162011 hoping that it would correct the problem but it didnt.

any idea of a fix for this? as i said it *was* working fine then something happened...could it be to do with the a-gps data? i've tried since re-downloading it but this didnt help - also i left the phone for a long-long time to try and get a fix but it still didnt.

Guest frankjr

Does anyone have a problem with the ear speaker volume? The in call volume is way too loud for me, even at the lowest value! I cant remember that it used to be this loud before?

I have tried the stable 7.1, n227, sejs build and the latest KANG and its the same on all. It wasnt like this on GSF.

Guest targetbsp

Looking at the current 'change log' that might be merged if we ever get a new nightly, I have a very bad feeling that it will have things broken! How many changes can they make for a single version before being tested? There have to be at least 2 things broken in that list of 120+ changes!

A lot of us (trust me on this from how fast my bandwidth went down) are already running all those new changes with no problem. And my bandwidth was only one of 3 builds containing all these changes I'm aware of!

Besides which you realise the testing gets done before the merge? :D

Guest Carbonize

Don't know if it's just me but Sej's 227+ doesn't seem as smooth or as stable as his 220+. think I might revert. Wish I had made a backup before I upgraded now :|

Guest jventura

I'm not absolutely sure if it's correct that everybody and always measure the battery life by how much does it drain during sleep/during night. Currently I'm quite satisfied with CM7 battery life if phone sleeps...but it doesn't matter who sais what, but I think it significantly eats more power during (the same) use than previous (leaked gingerbread/gsf) ROMs.

With minimal use I usually lost during the day about 10% but now with CM it's almost doubled.

e.g. If I let the phone sleep all they long with radios off sure it won't drain a percent, but no sooner than I use the phon to read an email via 2G in gmail it drains 3% immediately. I don't think if my battery is dying..(only few months old) but it was different with other ROMs for sure. Can caused by the CPU governors/2G/3G radios? Not sure.

I don't know if the others agree with me on this.

I'm having the same problem.. In sleep it is very economic on the battery, but the battery draws fast while using it.. My governor is on_demand, and I've checked with "OS Monitor" (app from the Market) that it is working, ie, the processor speed comes to 265Mhz idle, and 600Mhz upon touching the screen..

No 3G, no wi-fi on, no automatic sync, no "strange" apps (just the stock things)..

Guest jackal-sk

Don't know if it's just me but Sej's 227+ doesn't seem as smooth or as stable as his 220+. think I might revert. Wish I had made a backup before I upgraded now :|

what do you mean smooth or stable ? i've had no crashes so far (as with 220) and performance is great = normal as it should be.

Guest haxxbaxx

so many builds and so many threads it seems hard to find what to use, at present im using GSF n25, looking to swap to CM, just looking for some advice on

1) is it worth it?

2) what build should i use to reliability etc...

many thankx

Guest Carbonize

what do you mean smooth or stable ? i've had no crashes so far (as with 220) and performance is great = normal as it should be.

Couldn't send SMS (might be down to Toggle 2G though), LauncherPro would take a long time to become responsive after a reboot, USB mounting caused it to reboot a few times and it was generally just sluggish at times.

Guest sej7278

May as well just grab the latest which at time of posting appears to be post 9 here: http://android.modac...10#entry1832810

lol, so many builders now we might as well scrap the "nightly" buildbot, or just ship sourcecode for people to compile themselves!

p.s. does anyone know why cyanogenmod seems to be hardcoded to only compile with jdk6 and not 7? various makefiles have "-target 1.5" or actual checks for "java -version" returning 1.6 and as i recall it doesn't like anything other than sun jdk.

i asked on the cyanogenmod forum with no luck, there's a couple of posts with no answers over on xda, and apparently we're not allowed to report build problems on the issues tracker.

from what i hear AOSP has no problem with sun jdk7 or even openjdk7

Guest sej7278

i didn't do a "227+" i did a "24oct", which included the power widget and miui battery bar with all the ridiculous settings and silly defaults, fixes for which are still being worked on in gerrit.

the cm7 devs have gone a bit settings crazy, anyone new to android will be totally overwhelmed by a dozen or so settings categories and then another dozen or more categories inside "cyanogenmod settings". there must be over a hundred screens full of settings now.

total control is nice, but its just got confusing, especially when similar settings like brightness/volume control are spread around at least 3 different locations each. i think we need a "basic" and "advanced" settings app, perhaps "basic" could be just the regular android settings app and "advanced" could be cyanogenmod settings.