[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Yeah, these KANG versions are eating hell a lot of battery, mine is in 30% in 20 hours of use (including 1 hour in airplane mode!). I used to recharge my Blade 3 times a week...

rolling back to N228!

Please give the N228 link?

Guest Rooster#1

Yes. Try using search... same question has been answered about 20 times in the past month.

(clue: calibrate your proximity sensor)

smile.gif

Well thanks for that "helpful" reply... I HAVE searched, but cant make head nor tale of what I found - plus maybe there is a patch out there, hence the question.

Guest elastico

Hi guys, the thing that I would like to ask you is how fast your phones are in the launcher you are using (switching between home screens and app drawer)? Butter smooth or a bit choppy?

My blade is starting to annoy me. I have launcher pro + which should be the fastest launcher but the phone feels choppy when switching between the home screens. I have no background and a total of 7 widgets on 5 home screens. The laggy app drawer (normal one, not 3D) is also pissing me off. The phone was probably the fastest a year ago when I used one of Paul's 2.2 ROMS together with LP. Whatever I do now seems to make the phone slower.

I'm using an one month old CM7 build that sej made, everything works fine so I haven't updated for a while. The phone is running @ 768 Mhz.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I'm a long time CM fan, and everytime I try a new rom I'm always back here within a day. But I thought I'd give the new kids on the block a try today: Moldovan and BladeMix. Trying Blademix first and just setting it up. I'm a very functional kind of guy and not one much for cosmetics but wow this Blademix is flash ain't it? All these screen and popup flips. Loving it, it's fun! :D

It certainly is flashy flashy! Animations etc and loaded with colours, but again not many people are fan of it. After few days, you sort of don't want it. I wish we had exactly same battery behaviour on 3G! If it's been an issue since such a long time, doesn't that bother the developers?

How would we go about changing the colours in the "Miui" battery bar?

In latest Kangs and + you can change apparently. I last remember it working correctly was 220+ by Sej, but due to battery issues I had to move to other KANG and they din't solve battery issue but added MIUI issue.

Guest jackal-sk

I have the same problem. My battery status change from 100 to 80-82 till night. I dont want to turn off 3g because blade is 3g phone and must use it. If i needed 2g i'll use my 8800nokia.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

3g always eats a lot of battery, no matter what device. The phone needs to activate the second radio inside it, while 2g works with GSM network so only 1 radio is needed. I ALWAYS use 2g and when I need to download something fast or need faster transfer, I quick switch to 3g in power widget. I dont see any problem in that.

Guest SpeRator

3g always eats a lot of battery, no matter what device. The phone needs to activate the second radio inside it, while 2g works with GSM network so only 1 radio is needed. I ALWAYS use 2g and when I need to download something fast or need faster transfer, I quick switch to 3g in power widget. I dont see any problem in that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530 It change to 2g in lookscreen!

Guest hugobosslives

quick (slightly off topic) question: is everyone using clockwork 5.xxx? just wondering whether its worth upgrading. didn't realise how old my clockwork is

Guest Mushroom_Lord

quick (slightly off topic) question: is everyone using clockwork 5.xxx? just wondering whether its worth upgrading. didn't realise how old my clockwork is

It's blue, of course you should!

Personally I see no difference from the 3.x versions but hey ho someone can correct me.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

My theme has stopped the miui battery bar showing up, no matter what colour it is set to. other themes from before this dont seem to have broken it, though. Any ideas?

Guest targetbsp

Yeah been using clockwork 5 since it came out. As above, not much difference other than the colour!

Adding ZTE Blade Settings into the Settings menu is on patchset 2: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8647. It still works. Not much more to say about it really. :D

New kernel too with support for the Libra camera: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,9503

Edited by targetbsp

Good question!

Anyway, there is no chance to ever have n228, since the number shows the days passed after the first release, does not count the nightly builds!

thanks for the tip mate!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

If you plan to switch to 2g to save battery you should consider that data takes longer to transfer over 2g, and that means the radio has to work for longer. So if you switch to 2g, make sure your data usage is minimal.

Also, who said the 2G radio needs to be on for the 3G one to work?

I've found that disabling data and 3g at the same time extends battery life for a very long time.

Guest burstlam

Update Build for testing camera and touchscreen fix : http://www.multiupload.com/GB1ZWFF329

Update repo with soft button enabled.

Kernel : Custom Build with Optimitized Cflags

with tomg's update patch with S5K5CAGX camera sensor

also, I try to adopt the patch for non-responsive touchscreen by leromarinvit, which fix the synaptics touchscreen (TS1541) in .32 source.

For those who still suffer from proximity matter after a calibration

you may try to fix it manually :

Open /data/misc/prox_data.txt with text editor.

X,Y, 238,238,246,0,0,8,32. change X and Y values to 8846,8346, (238,238,246,0,0,8,32)

save the file. u may change them freely to test the best workng values on ur own.

Edited by burstlam

also, I try to adopt the patch for non-responsive touchscreen by leromarinvit, which fix the synaptics touchscreen (TS1541) in .32 source.

I already did that in the other thread. Link

Looks like it didn't help, but I'll wait for more feedback.

PS. non-responsive part of the patch (2*pressure) should actually do nothing to improve response in most apps.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Yeah defo upgrade it, back up restore is much faster!

Guest andy9876

rockstarszzzz

Where can I find the latest version of Clockwork and how do I install it?

andy9876

Guest ColdEmbrace

rockstarszzzz

Where can I find the latest version of Clockwork and how do I install it?

andy9876

I'll pressume you are running CM7 you can update CWM via Rom Manager. Just completed the upgrade myself. (Never used rom manager before) Clicked the option to see if i had latest CM7 version knowing that I dont and it told me i needed to install CWM then put the newest version on

Guest andy9876

I'll pressume you are running CM7 you can update CWM via Rom Manager. Just completed the upgrade myself. (Never used rom manager before) Clicked the option to see if i had latest CM7 version knowing that I dont and it told me i needed to install CWM then put the newest version on

I thought there was a blade specific version which you could download as a ZIP and install using CWM?

Guest ColdEmbrace

I thought there was a blade specific version which you could download as a ZIP and install using CWM?

Rom Manager asked me to confirm I have a blade i pressume it downloaded the specific version

Guest oxyg3n89

it is very smooth launcher pro.even when scrollable wallpaper set. try setting lower cpu freq, 768 is unstable for most blades. 710 should be fine.otherwise other nightly cm7, but n227 force closes launcher pro periodicaly for me,wait for latest nightly.

Hi guys, the thing that I would like to ask you is how fast your phones are in the launcher you are using (switching between home screens and app drawer)? Butter smooth or a bit choppy?

My blade is starting to annoy me. I have launcher pro + which should be the fastest launcher but the phone feels choppy when switching between the home screens. I have no background and a total of 7 widgets on 5 home screens. The laggy app drawer (normal one, not 3D) is also pissing me off. The phone was probably the fastest a year ago when I used one of Paul's 2.2 ROMS together with LP. Whatever I do now seems to make the phone slower.

I'm using an one month old CM7 build that sej made, everything works fine so I haven't updated for a while. The phone is running @ 768 Mhz.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Guest targetbsp

It's not. It just defaults to quick mode on and the old one defaulted to quick mode off. :D It's a setting you can toggle in Rom Manager for either version.

Guest hugobosslives

It's not. It just defaults to quick mode on and the old one defaulted to quick mode off. :D It's a setting you can toggle in Rom Manager for either version.

really?

i updated clockwork through rom manager (to whatever the latest one is) and it still had progress bars (slow mode) by default. I had to manually turn them off in rom manager settings.....