[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest popoyaya

it is very smooth launcher pro.even when scrollable wallpaper set. try setting lower cpu freq, 768 is unstable for most blades. 710 should be fine.otherwise other nightly cm7, but n227 force closes launcher pro periodicaly for me,wait for latest nightly.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

After extensive testing I find I prefer ADWex to Launcher Pro+. While LP+ is a bit smother at scrolling home screens, it's not nearly as responsive as ADWex. There's a very noticeable lag between touching the screen and it starting to scroll. So you take your choice: LP+ for smooth scrolling with lag, or ADWex for faster responsiveness but a bit choppier.

Guest targetbsp

really?

i updated clockwork through rom manager (to whatever the latest one is) and it still had progress bars (slow mode) by default. I had to manually turn them off in rom manager settings.....

Ah. That might be cause you skipped the earlier 5's where it was all screwed up then and the default behavious were the opposite way around to the descriptions and such like. :)

It's probably all sorted out now. In any case I timed it and compared it to past timings I'd done for v3 and found the new one slightly slower. Which makes sense cause I have more stuff on the phone these days. If it's faster, it ain't by much. And I'm sure the initial claims of it being faster were down to it accidentally being in quick mode when it shouldn't have been. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Update Build for testing camera and touchscreen fix : http://www.multiupload.com/GB1ZWFF329

Update repo with soft button enabled.

Kernel : Custom Build with Optimitized Cflags

with tomg's update patch with S5K5CAGX camera sensor

also, I try to adopt the patch for non-responsive touchscreen by leromarinvit, which fix the synaptics touchscreen (TS1541) in .32 source.

Everything is working great!!

Thank you very much!!

@all: can we try again to have softbutton merged?

Maybe as Blade specific, since we don 't have search hard button (as official motivation ).

Google made them in ICS.. so also they think are very good on phones too

Edited by Monfro

Guest Kamikaze.

I'm using an one month old CM7 build that sej made, everything works fine so I haven't updated for a while. The phone is running @ 768 Mhz.

Try running with a lower frequency. I think 768 is too high. Try 738 or 748.

Guest JimJam707

What's the best build to save battery life? I'm running a build by Sej dated the 24th. The battery life has suddenly gone dreadful, even after a decent calibration D:

What's the best one to downgrade to?

Guest hugobosslives

Ah. That might be cause you skipped the earlier 5's where it was all screwed up then and the default behavious were the opposite way around to the descriptions and such like. :)

It's probably all sorted out now. In any case I timed it and compared it to past timings I'd done for v3 and found the new one slightly slower. Which makes sense cause I have more stuff on the phone these days. If it's faster, it ain't by much. And I'm sure the initial claims of it being faster were down to it accidentally being in quick mode when it shouldn't have been. :D

Sounds about right. Quick mode makes much more difference than i thought though. Much faster :)

What's the best build to save battery life? I'm running a build by Sej dated the 24th. The battery life has suddenly gone dreadful, even after a decent calibration D:

What's the best one to downgrade to?

battery life seems to be to do with some thing other than the build. I get fantastic battery life on oct24 (as good as GSF) whereas some people (like you don't). have a play around with governers and rouge apps/wakelocks. Some people think it's something wrong with the 3g in the builds since about n220 (they may be right) but personally i disagree.

Guest robinhud2010

quick (slightly off topic) question: is everyone using clockwork 5.xxx? just wondering whether its worth upgrading. didn't realise how old my clockwork is

Only differencr I noted apart from colour is that you get affirmations every time you wipe dalvik cache and battery stats.

Sounds about right. Quick mode makes much more difference than i thought though. Much faster :)

battery life seems to be to do with some thing other than the build. I get fantastic battery life on oct24 (as good as GSF) whereas some people (like you don't). have a play around with governers and rouge apps/wakelocks. Some people think it's something wrong with the 3g in the builds since about n220 (they may be right) but personally i disagree.

Although I'm still testing Blade Mix 360, but so far I'm not that much convinced that it is better in battery use. They say 3G is better in that rom, but today reading forums with tapatalk using 3G, in about an hour my battery went from 86% to 60%.

I'm not sure, but are people sure they turned on 3G in these roms? :P It is set to GSM only by default in BM360.

Guest kandilak

After extensive testing I find I prefer ADWex to Launcher Pro+. While LP+ is a bit smother at scrolling home screens, it's not nearly as responsive as ADWex. There's a very noticeable lag between touching the screen and it starting to scroll. So you take your choice: LP+ for smooth scrolling with lag, or ADWex for faster responsiveness but a bit choppier.

In LauncherPro+ under Advanced Settings-->Memory Usage Settings-->Memory Usage Preset select "High" and then test the scrolling responsiveness in home screens :rolleyes:

Edited by kandilak

Guest drobson67
<br />What's the best build to save battery life? I'm running a build by Sej dated the 24th. The battery life has suddenly gone dreadful, even after a decent calibration D:<br />What's the best one to downgrade to?<br />

Thats strange because Im using Sej oct24th build and im finding it great on battery life, maybe you have a rogue app keeping a wakelock or something, check in spare parts to see if there is anything unusual going on.

Guest Clitheroe1

I agree. I tried many launchers and ADW Ex is the best for me. Highly customisable, fast and responsive Does everything I want a launcher to do.

Guest popoyaya

In LauncherPro+ under Advanced Settings-->Memory Usage Settings-->Memory Usage Preset select "High" and then test the scrolling responsiveness in home screens :rolleyes:

Great tip, makes all the difference, thanks!

Guest juniperz

Thats strange because Im using Sej oct24th build and im finding it great on battery life, maybe you have a rogue app keeping a wakelock or something, check in spare parts to see if there is anything unusual going on.

I too am suffering with Sej Oct24. Unplugged at 9am today and down to 45% now. I keep 3G off, wifi off. With my last ROM (MCR R12 - I was late to the CM7 party!) I could go from 7am to 11pm and often have around 50% left. (Today's usage was just one short call, some WhatsApp - oh and BlueTooth on for a couple of hours, but no calls or music then).

What specifically should I look for in Spare Parts? In Battery History / Partial Wake Usage / Since Last Unplugged, the worth offender is Android System with 6m 33s. Is that bad?

Edited by juniperz

Guest drobson67
&lt;br /&gt;I too am suffering with Sej Oct24.  Unplugged at 9am today and down to 45% now.  I keep 3G off, wifi off.  With my last ROM (MCR R12 - I was late to the CM7 party!) I could go from 7am to 11pm and often have around 50% left.  (Today's usage was just one short call, some WhatsApp - oh and BlueTooth on for a couple of hours, but no calls or music then).&lt;br /&gt;What specifically should I look for in Spare Parts?  In Battery History / Partial Wake Usage / Since Last Unplugged, the worth offender is Android System with 6m 33s.  Is that bad?&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />

Have a look at the usage stats and also in battery history > other usage and partial wake usage since last unplugged for unusually high battery drain, I would freeze any app with titanium backup suspected of high battery drain and see if that makes a difference. Also recalibrate the battery stats that should help.

6m 33s for android system isnt bad in my opinion so Im at a loss to come up with an answer, maybe try another rom till you find one your happy with.

Edited by drobson67

Guest juniperz

Have a look at the usage stats and also in battery history > other usage and partial wake usage since last unplugged for unusually high battery drain, I would freeze any app with titanium backup suspected of high battery drain and see if that makes a difference. Also recalibrate the battery stats that should help.

6m 33s for android system isnt bad in my opinion so Im at a loss to come up with an answer, maybe try another rom till you find one your happy with.

Thanks for replying drobson.

Battery History / Other Usage / Since Last Unplugged has "Running" ("Time spent without sleeping") at 81.8%, followed by Screen on 8.1%. That doesn't sound good...

Battery History / Partial Wake Usage / Since Last Unplugged has Android System at the top with 8m 25s.

About Phone / Battery Use has Mobile Standby 37% at the top of the list.

Still not sure what I am looking for here...

Guest rockstarszzzz

Ok guys, now this is not funny!

Own up and come clean and apologize whoever did this! - who has pissed off the CM7 dev team? Who refused to invite them to the Halloween Party?

I bet one of us has told them CM6 was better than CM7 or something even sillier!

Oh, I know! Who called the BOT, a ROBOT? You've seriously pissed the BOT off!

Can't see any other reason that CM7 Nightly for Blade won't come along after THIS long!!

Guest drobson67
<br />Battery History / Other Usage / Since Last Unplugged has Running at 81.8%<br />

Sounds like there is something keeping the phone from sleeping, the only thing I can think of is freeze your apps see if this makes a difference then defrost one at a time till you find the culprit, also under accounts and sync settings uncheck the box that allows apps to sync and send data automatically, hope that helps.

Guest juniperz

Sounds like there is something keeping the phone from sleeping, the only thing I can think of is freeze your apps see if this makes a difference then defrost one at a time till you find the culprit, also under accounts and sync settings uncheck the box that allows apps to sync and send data automatically, hope that helps.

Thanks, looks like I will need to go to paid-for Titanium to freeze. BTW, I had already stopped everything from auto syncing and had done a couple of battery calibrations too.

Guest downloader50

Must admit I have given up with Cyanogenmod 7.1 as battery life is just not good enough I have installed

[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS5 (Android 2.3.5) Based on Official ZTE Libra Gingerbread, Updated 28.10.11

Moldovan so far looks good maybe cyanogen just has too many extras for the battery

Guest hugobosslives

Thanks, looks like I will need to go to paid-for Titanium to freeze.

other free apps have the "freeze/defrost" function. for example, if you use Link2sd (which btw is very good) it has recently been updated to be able to do this.

but the paid version of titanium is so much better than the free one so by all means go ahead and buy it if you want....... :P

Guest jackal-sk

Must admit I have given up with Cyanogenmod 7.1 as battery life is just not good enough I have installed

[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS5 (Android 2.3.5) Based on Official ZTE Libra Gingerbread, Updated 28.10.11

Moldovan so far looks good maybe cyanogen just has too many extras for the battery

Is this really the case ? How did you measre the battery duration ? I might give that rom a try if its really worth it.