[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest rockstarszzzz

Is this really the case ? How did you measre the battery duration ? I might give that rom a try if its really worth it.

There isn't good enough discussion about battery life on that ROM in it's own thread. Not many people are reporting positive feedback as such - on battery.

Guest juniperz

but the paid version of titanium is so much better than the free one so by all means go ahead and buy it if you want....... :P

I have paid by Paypal, but sadly the key hasn't come through yet... I don't mind paying for good software.

While I am here, anyone know why Settings -> Display should FC every time? Used it once (to set screen timeout) and can't change it. Flashing SEJ+Oct24 over N220+ didn't make any difference.

Guest Hoonboof

Ok guys, now this is not funny!

Own up and come clean and apologize whoever did this! - who has pissed off the CM7 dev team? Who refused to invite them to the Halloween Party?

I bet one of us has told them CM6 was better than CM7 or something even sillier!

Oh, I know! Who called the BOT, a ROBOT? You've seriously pissed the BOT off!

Can't see any other reason that CM7 Nightly for Blade won't come along after THIS long!!

If the build bot is still dead come monday/tuesday when i get back home I'll start throwing builds up until it works again.

Is CM7 dead? No new nightly builds for weeks now. This is ridiculous. I am thinking of ditching my blade soon. The blade is nearly over.

Dead?

So you think these changes are nothing. :o :D

Guest targetbsp

Is CM7 dead? No new nightly builds for weeks now. This is ridiculous. I am thinking of ditching my blade soon. The blade is nearly over.

Overreaction much? There are so many merged changes they've scrolled off the bottom of the change log Web site. And at least 5 different people have compiled these for you all over the past few days and posted them on this forum!

It's just build bot playing up

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kamikaze.

Argh! Anyone else got the problem, where you try to download somethin from Market and the download itself goes ok, but when it tries to install it, it'll only say "Installion unsuccesful; insufficient storage available". Yes, I know the solution is to wipe Dalvik, but I don't wanna do it three times a day!

Guest Hoonboof

Argh! Anyone else got the problem, where you try to download somethin from Market and the download itself goes ok, but when it tries to install it, it'll only say "Installion unsuccesful; insufficient storage available". Yes, I know the solution is to wipe Dalvik, but I don't wanna do it three times a day!

a2sd is your friend, smashing your dalvik cache will only work for so long, you're doing more hurt than help on your phone

Update Build for testing camera and touchscreen fix : http://www.multiupload.com/GB1ZWFF329

Update repo with soft button enabled.

Kernel : Custom Build with Optimitized Cflags

with tomg's update patch with S5K5CAGX camera sensor

Seems to me you made really a good work with cflags: your compiled rom seems to have better 2D and 3D performances. Also Antutu gives better scores than with standard cm7.

I hope these kernel improvements will be tested more and merged.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Conclusively: The battery drain seems to be from Radio using data (if that's the right way to say it!). Doesn't matter 2G or 3G. I kept mobile data off today. Using only 2G for calls and text: In last 20 hour, I've just lost 6% of battery.

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz

Seems to me you made really a good work with cflags: your compiled rom seems to have better 2D and 3D performances. Also Antutu gives better scores than with standard cm7.

I hope these kernel improvements will be tested more and merged.

Any ideas on battery yet?

It would help if someone told me. I often don't have time to read modaco so I only found out about the build problems a couple of days ago (and I dont have direct access to the servers to fix it myself). The nightly builds should be fixed in the next nightly run.

Guest rockstarszzzz

It would help if someone told me. I often don't have time to read modaco so I only found out about the build problems a couple of days ago (and I dont have direct access to the servers to fix it myself). The nightly builds should be fixed in the next nightly run.

Wow! Dint think it was this simple to get it fixed! Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind next time someone offends the BOT!

For those who still suffer from proximity matter after a calibration

you may try to fix it manually :

Open /data/misc/prox_data.txt with text editor.

X,Y, 238,238,246,0,0,8,32. change X and Y values to 8846,8346, (238,238,246,0,0,8,32)

save the file. u may change them freely to test the best workng values on ur own.

Please also take note of the values returned from the calibration tool and the values that work. For most users calibration is fine, but for a small percentage it is not working. I worked through this with a user on IRC a couple of days ago, and while working on it after many attempts the sensor calibrated correctly using the calibration tool, but I have no idea why it did not work initially with calibration, but later did. The values that did work were fairly close to the ones that didn't so I'm interested in how close the calibration values are to what they should be. Hopefully a small adjustment to the calibration program can fix the problems, but I need users to provide information (and only users that have the calibration issues).

So what I need is

what does the calibration tool report which doesn't work?

What does work?

These values vary largely between different devices, mine calibrate to around 300-400 but the users having trouble mostly seem to be over 1000.

Burstlam - It would be great if you could get some information from the Chinese users. I think this may effect them worse than others.

BTW, the values burstlam has suggested probably won't work for most users, but play with different values and see what does work. Use a sensor testing app such as z-device test. When calibrated correctly the sensor should return a range of values from 0 to 5cm (if for example you only get values from 0-3 it will work since most apps only looks for 0 or >0 but isn't calibrated correctly).

Edited by Tom G

Guest burstlam

These values vary largely between different devices, mine calibrate to around 300-400 but the users having trouble mostly seem to be over 1000.

Burstlam - It would be great if you could get some information from the Chinese users. I think this may effect them worse than others.

BTW, the values burstlam has suggested probably won't work for most users, but play with different values and see what does work. Use a sensor testing app such as z-device test. When calibrated correctly the sensor should return a range of values from 0 to 5cm (if for example you only get values from 0-3 it will work since most apps only looks for 0 or >0 but isn't calibrated correctly).

yes, what I am suggesting is for those who never get the promixity work with the new kernel even with calibrations

the values are confirmed by Chinese Blade user who never get the sensor work with the calibration.

most of them could get it work with this suggestion (several case report another range between 800 and 1200)

P.S. the suggest threshold values (8XXX) are close to the calibrate values with a .32 kernel.

yes, what I am suggesting is for those who never get the promixity work with the new kernel even with calibrations

the values are confirmed by Chinese Blade user who never get the sensor work with the calibration.

most of them could get it work with this suggestion (several case report another range between 800 and 1200)

P.S. the suggest threshold values (8XXX) are close to the calibrate values with a .32 kernel.

The default values in 2.6.32 where 8000-8500, but calibrated values varied depending on device. Both of mine when calibrated in 2.6.32 were around 3200-4000. Now in 2.6.35 they are both around 300-400, so the 2.6.32 values may be very different to the 2.6.35 values.

Edit. I've made some changes to the kernel which will hopefully fix the calibration issues as well as making the calibration values similar to what they were in 2.6.32. A new kernel will be submitted for review a little later.

Edited by Tom G

Guest brickornot

The default values in 2.6.32 where 8000-8500, but calibrated values varied depending on device. Both of mine when calibrated in 2.6.32 were around 3200-4000. Now in 2.6.35 they are both around 300-400, so the 2.6.32 values may be very different to the 2.6.35 values.

Edit. I've made some changes to the kernel which will hopefully fix the calibration issues as well as making the calibration values similar to what they were in 2.6.32. A new kernel will be submitted for review a little later.

while fixing calibration issues could you also fix battery drain issues ?

Guest juniperz

Yes please - charged phone to 100% then unplugged and didn't touch it for 9.5 hours over night. Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G, syncing all off. Down to 40% in the 9.5 hours.

Spare Parts / Other Usage / Since last Unplugged -> Android Running / Not Sleeping for 8 hours 56 minutes.

Partial Wake Usage has Android top of the list (though only with 5m 42s).

Yes please - charged phone to 100% then unplugged and didn't touch it for 9.5 hours over night. Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G, syncing all off. Down to 40% in the 9.5 hours.

Spare Parts / Other Usage / Since last Unplugged -> Android Running / Not Sleeping for 8 hours 56 minutes.

Partial Wake Usage has Android top of the list (though only with 5m 42s).

I had no problem with battery drainage on latest CM7: 213, 222 and some kang.

Battery life with new kernel (since 206) for me is similar to ZTE based gingerbread roms.

If phone does not sleep there is some weird app or setting keeping it alive.

Guest juniperz

I had no problem with battery drainage on latest CM7: 213, 222 and some kang.

Battery life with new kernel (since 206) for me is similar to ZTE based gingerbread roms.

If phone does not sleep there is some weird app or setting keeping it alive.

Maybe, though I have pretty-much the same apps as I had for ages on MCR R12, which would go a whole day and leave 50%. How am I supposed to tell which app is causing the problem? (Spare Parts info 2 posts up).

I am on the Sej KANG Oct24 because I like soft buttons. Will give the next nightly a try too.

I am on the Sej KANG Oct24 because I like soft buttons. Will give the next nightly a try too.

Sej's builds include patches that have not yet passed review. They may have serious bugs.

Guest juniperz

Sej's builds include patches that have not yet passed review. They may have serious bugs.

Fair enough. Thanks Tom. Will definitely go for the next nightly - and thanks for giving that a nudge too.

Hoping that the soft buttons make it in at some point, as my physical buttons are a bit creaky after 11 months of use...

Edited by juniperz