[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest juniperz

Dammit do I stick with Sej's 2210 or update and lose my Miui battery mod :|

Well I have just done it. I miss the battery a bit - but not as much as the soft buttons...

And did you test which app is using all that 3g.....................???/?

How would you do that please?

Edited by juniperz

Guest sandriderman

Hi, long time reader of this and the previous thread.

I have long been convinced that their must be some manufacturing flaw or slight hardware change in the some of the early blades (it is hard to see how else some people get a week out of a single charge whilst others don't get 12 hours). I have probably flashed 50 roms on to the phone in the last year (one of the original OLED's) and I have always had poor battery performance.

I have learnt to manage this using tasker (having convinced myself that 3g hammers my battery). I probably send 1 or 2 texts a day and 5 minutes of telephone calls a day. I did purchase a replacement battery but this made no difference. I always calibrate my battery after a flash.

Tasker does the following for me: Turns on 3g for 2 minutes every hour (30 minutes past the hour to 32 minutes past the hour) from 06:30 - 23:30. This allows my emails to come through every hour. Tasker also turns on 3g when ever the screen is active and automatically turns 3g off when the screen turns off.

When I look at the battery use graph it is obvious that during these 2 minutes the battery is discharging quickly, I get a vertical line for 2 minutes and then for the next 58 minutes almost horizontal.

This will get me through the day on a single charge but I will need to recharge every night.

I am no expert but these are my observations. Thanks to all who have contributed to the development of the blade roms. ZTE have alot to thank you for as the blade would not have sold so well if it was not for you.

About to flash N241 with a full wipe as usual.

I have an OLED Blade (Orange San Francisco), now over a year old, and I've been running CM7.1 stable since the day of release. I'm a light user. I do not use 3G networks and have the phone set for 2G only and use WiFi for my data needs. I see a drop in battery of about 20% per day typically, although once I'm down around the 50% mark I will usually recharge because you never know what you might need the phone for in the next few hours.

Background :

For most of its life I've been running stock 2.1 ROMS, but with the Orange crap manually removed. I've dabbled with Japanese Jellyfish 4 to 9, CM7 from around N57 to around N82 for a while and GSF from B4 up to B21. My battery life has always been pretty reasonable with any of the ROMS except JJ, which sucked big time and wasn't worth pursuing. I do not use widgets - some are greedy little f*ckers and need kicking into touch - and only have data enabled when I need it rather than all day and all night as I don't have a data plan. Also I simply don't need the phone sucking down emails and updating weather reports all day long when I'm sitting in front of my laptop. It may be obvious, but the more features you enable on the phone and the more you use it the shorter the battery life. Mine seems absolutely fine to me.

Guest hugobosslives

How would you do that please?

there's lots of apps that can track what your phone is doing when it is supposed to be "sleeping" people have talked about cpu spy and others in the previous pages. There are also apps to measure data usage by specific apps and the times in which this data was downloaded. by putting these things together you can work out if say faceshite (love it sej :P) keeps poking the blade awake and downloading content of the severs.

It was standby time.

The phone still does stuff in "standby time". How else do you think syncing and phone/texts happen?

Hi, long time reader of this and the previous thread.

I have long been convinced that their must be some manufacturing flaw or slight hardware change in the some of the early blades (it is hard to see how else some people get a week out of a single charge whilst others don't get 12 hours). I have probably flashed 50 roms on to the phone in the last year (one of the original OLED's) and I have always had poor battery performance.

I have learnt to manage this using tasker (having convinced myself that 3g hammers my battery). I probably send 1 or 2 texts a day and 5 minutes of telephone calls a day. I did purchase a replacement battery but this made no difference. I always calibrate my battery after a flash.

Tasker does the following for me: Turns on 3g for 2 minutes every hour (30 minutes past the hour to 32 minutes past the hour) from 06:30 - 23:30. This allows my emails to come through every hour. Tasker also turns on 3g when ever the screen is active and automatically turns 3g off when the screen turns off.

When I look at the battery use graph it is obvious that during these 2 minutes the battery is discharging quickly, I get a vertical line for 2 minutes and then for the next 58 minutes almost horizontal.

This will get me through the day on a single charge but I will need to recharge every night.

I am no expert but these are my observations. Thanks to all who have contributed to the development of the blade roms. ZTE have alot to thank you for as the blade would not have sold so well if it was not for you.

About to flash N241 with a full wipe as usual.

Why don't you let the emails come through on 2g data. all my non-user data (i.e data when not using the screen, like emails, sync etc) i let 2g data handle as it's slower but better for battery and i dont care about speed when not using phone. then when browsing the internet, i use 3g as its quicker

i get on average 2 days, sometimes even 3 days battery. and i send 30 texts, 15mins calls, an hour general phone use (eg surfing/music/games) a day.....

Edited by hugobosslives

I have long been convinced that their must be some manufacturing flaw or slight hardware change in the some of the early blades

It's unlikely that your battery issues are related to anything of that kind.

Tasker does the following for me: Turns on 3g for 2 minutes every hour (30 minutes past the hour to 32 minutes past the hour) from 06:30 - 23:30. This allows my emails to come through every hour.

Probably you're referring to Data Connection instead of 3G here. Disabling 3G would mean fallback to 2G (which is GSM but also supports data connections).

The graph will always take a plunge if waking the phone from long sleep. This is normal. Battery measurements are no exact science.

I am no expert but these are my observations.

One or some of your apps seems to run rampant if a data connection is available (or seems not to like it if the data connection is not available).

See the Blade Battery Drain FAQ.

Guest Pondlife

I did a battery test tonight with KANG-24oct,

having 3G on during night for 8 hours, battery went from 91% -> 28%. The phone was sleeping properly, battery had been calibrated. On 2G I get days of standby time.

That's odd using the same one, it's been on almost 15 hours, I never turn 3g off have used the net and gmail a bit, screens been on for 35 mins apparently and mine's only gone down 22%, from full to 78.

Guest julianpaul

Most people who're complaining about battery here have had good battery life on other roms AND cm7 till n206/208(?). It's only the latest CM7s that have comparatively poor battery life. Nothing to do with the phone or battery being old. Switching to an alternate rom will restore good life and going back to a new cm7 will degrade it. NOT hardware.

I guess N179 was by far the best batterywise. Now i have N227 with very good battery usage (down 3% in 3 hours). I will wait a littlle longer before updating to N241 since the Kang I tried was TERRIBLE, eating a lot of battery.

whats the difference of the Kand and the N241? aren't they supposed to be like, almost the same?

And does N241 have the option to show the percentage of the battery in the top bar instead of just a very bad image that never tells the real battery we still have?

I guess N179 was by far the best batterywise. Now i have N227 with very good battery usage (down 3% in 3 hours). I will wait a littlle longer before updating to N241 since the Kang I tried was TERRIBLE, eating a lot of battery.

whats the difference of the Kand and the N241? aren't they supposed to be like, almost the same?

And does N241 have the option to show the percentage of the battery in the top bar instead of just a very bad image that never tells the real battery we still have?

N241 has a little more updates than KANG and is more refined and smoother

And every CM7 has the option to show the percentage of the battery :P lol

Guest rockstarszzzz

Everything from 220+ to Kang 227+, I used to have battery drain in 5-7 hours of standby of upto 9-10%.

I've left N241 on standby for nearly 5 hours, the battery drain is minimal. Photo attached.

I'm yet to test how it lasts when I use phone. However, in these 5 hours I did have my 4 email accounts, tapatalk, weather, fb, twitter and google+ on background sync.

post-689962-0-36232400-1320000613_thumb.

Guest fox2000

Hello,

I'm using CM7.1 stable, and it seems to me that when the phone sleeps, it still tries to connect with 3G even if under WiFi coverage. With GSF it didn't happen... shouldn't WiFi sleep issue have been fixed in CM7?

ty

Guest IPB_Refugee

Regarding soft buttons:

There are at least three apps for soft buttons: zMooth, Virtual Button Bar and Button Savior. I bought zMooth and Virtual Button Bar, and both are worth the money. (There are also free trial versions.) I slightly prefer zMooth. Haven't tested Button Savior yet.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Reason for editing the original post: Inclusion of sm4tik's app suggestion - see next post.

Edited by IPB_Refugee

Regarding soft buttons:

There are at least two apps for soft buttons: zMooth and Virtual Button Bar. I bought both, and both are worth the money. (There are also free trial versions.) I slightly prefer zMooth.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Button Savior is also worth a try.

Guest juniperz

Everything from 220+ to Kang 227+, I used to have battery drain in 5-7 hours of standby of upto 9-10%.

I've left N241 on standby for nearly 5 hours, the battery drain is minimal. Photo attached.

I'm yet to test how it lasts when I use phone. However, in these 5 hours I did have my 4 email accounts, tapatalk, weather, fb, twitter and google+ on background sync.

5.5 hours since unplugged, and no real activity - down to 77% :-( (On N241 with battery stats wiped.)

post-790928-0-99528800-1320004596_thumb.

post-790928-0-21176600-1320004605_thumb.

Edited by juniperz

With today's update the brightness and sound buttons on the notification bar stopped working (I press and nothing changes), but the rest works.

Is anyone having the same problem?

5.5 hours since unplugged, and no real activity - down to 77% :-( (On N241 with battery stats wiped.)

Reference my earlier post - 29 hours and down to 83% on 7.1 Stable....

post-157341-0-15121700-1320005774_thumb.

Extrapolating power down to 0% would suggest about 7 days use from one charge at this rate.

Edited by tdodd

Guest rockstarszzzz

Since you have wiped battery stats, you can't count on your first cycle. Let the whole battery drain till you go down to 0% and the phone switches off. Then charge your phone continuous till it reaches 100%. Leave it for another hour or so on charge after reaching 100%.

Then try and see how it works. Hopefully you won't have that battery stats. It's because right now your phone has no clue of what number to associate with actual mVs of battery available. So it's very random reading.

With today's update the brightness and sound buttons on the notification bar stopped working (I press and nothing changes), but the rest works.

Is anyone having the same problem?

You need to re-setup the buttons in CM settings because of the way they're configured now.