[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
Note that it didn't reboot by itself, but the screen became unresponsive and I had to hold the power button.

That's what it does. And if you leave it frozen a while then it auto-reboots.

Even on the lowest overclock.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mvheuver
That's what it does. And if you leave it frozen a while then it auto-reboots.

OK, wasn't aware of that. I never saw the need to overclock myself as everything is smooth enough. Tried a few times just now and it seems the On Demand governor is more stable than the Smartass one. Can somebody explain the difference between the two?

Guest simonckenyon
In Abduction, there is roughly a half second delay between moving the phone and gameplay responding. Makes games like this impossible to play.

Just had a gps related shut down. My phone actually shut itself down all by itself, just like if I was to shut it down, rather than crashed (TFT Blade)

it does shut down. it does not crash (well that is my assessment of the logs)

Guest surfatwork
I'm Oled. It's overclocking vs not - not screen type.

dont be so hasty to decide. I have a TFT, dont overclock at all, but my phone reboots. and yes, wiped and no restore from titanium.

Guest simonckenyon
People are looking at temperature spikes as potenital triggers to reboots, so I've done a little monitoring today

Sleeping in flight mode - idles between 23 and 27 degrees

GPS/maps off, 3G on 35 +/-1

GPS active (with an offline map showing), flight mode (so 3g off) stablises at 40 degrees

GPS active, 3G on, temperature stablises at 41

how are you measuring the temp?

Guest targetbsp
dont be so hasty to decide. I have a TFT, dont overclock at all, but my phone reboots. and yes, wiped and no restore from titanium.

GPS?

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

I have a TFT, no OC, no full wipe (just cache + Dalvik), NO reboot.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
N36 doesn't seem to like overclocking, 748 used to be stable but now I have to run at 729...

... which still is HEAVILY overclocked ;-)

Guest Mushroom_Lord
OK, wasn't aware of that. I never saw the need to overclock myself as everything is smooth enough. Tried a few times just now and it seems the On Demand governor is more stable than the Smartass one. Can somebody explain the difference between the two?

The ondemand, well, speaks for itself.

Smartass sets the cpu to the min value when the screen is off.

This can be problematic when listening to music using anything other than the stock player, due to the fact only the min value of cpu can be used.

Guest Rizzler

When i charge the phone powered off the red light never gets green? Whats wrong with that?

Edited by Rizzler

Guest domdom43

accelerometer problem appears in nightly11.

In nightly 8 accelerometers were OK (2011-Feb-26 20:02:38)

In nightly 11 => KO ( 2011-Mar-02 00:01:50)

How can we see changes between this two nightly?

Edited by domdom43

Guest The Soup Thief
OC 691MHz.

and you had problems? really? using an experimental rom? overclocking it? and there was a problem?

Thanks at least for thinking to mention that you were overclocking, but it would really be everso helpful if people would lay off with the bloody overclocking, for the time being, at least! Everyone's well aware that you can freeze your phone by running it too fast. It's whether running it at the speed it's meant to run at makes it fall over that matters, for now at least

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Krinyo

I'm overclocking always to 72x Mhz, whatever ROM I'm used, and no problems at all. More interesting at 691 Mhz i had some lockups, reboots. Really. But higher clock rates, 710 and 72x MHz runs well. At 74x Mhz stable too, but I don't need a V12 motor in my Blade. :D V8 is enough. B)

Guest That-Guy
and you had problems? really? using an experimental rom? overclocking it? and there was a problem?

Thanks at least for thinking to mention that you were overclocking, but it would really be everso helpful if people would lay off with the bloody overclocking, for the time being, at least! Everyone's well aware that you can freeze your phone by running it too fast. It's whether running it at the speed it's meant to run at makes it fall over that matters, for now at least

Very well said! :D

Guest burstlam

ANY IDEA WHETE THE A2SD LOCATED?

i WOULD TRY TO ADOPT THE DATA2EXT SCRIPT BUT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING LIKE A2SD /APP2SD IN /INIT.D

Guest targetbsp

That depends whether the phone is crashing because it's too far overclocked or because the overclocking feature is busted surely? If you go from people being able to overclock lots to not being able to overclock at all then surely that feature is now broken? Just because a bug has been introduced into a feature that can be mis-used to cause instability - it doesn't make it not a bug.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest harmohn

FFS, I wasn't complaining? No. Was placing my facts of my experience with it, so please don't be So quick to jump.

OC a device is inherently risky and can cause stability issues. I stated I went to an older build :D

Edited by harmohn

Guest KACE_231

FYI: I havent got an issue with random reboots on n36, and no I havent overclocked it

Edited by KACE_231

Guest jayhix

alright guys! ive been away for a long weekend (yes til wednesday!)

anyways im still on RC4 was about to upgrade to n36 but noticed a fix for n37 that fixes compatibility problems with swype?

is this a big problem? as im quite fond of swype and dont want to lose it,

any recommendations to wait for n37? :D

this is very true.

If we all overclocking we can never see the real problems that need fixing.

And to be honest I dont think cm7 needs overclocking,Im running RC4 and the performance is great.

On most froyo roms I overclocked at 728,and even still sometimes angry birds was choppy.

On RC4,standard clock speeds,angry birds is smooth,and all the apps etc open much faster.

But this is just my opinion.

Guest mickey megabyte
That depends whether the phone is crashing because it's too far overclocked or because the overclocking feature is busted surely? If you go from people being able to overclock lots to not being able to overclock at all then surely that feature is now broken? Just because a bug has been introduced into a feature that can be mis-used to cause instability - it doesn't make it not a bug.

well said.

if previous roms running on the same hardware were perfectly ok at 710, but this new one falls over @ 652, then that seems to indicate there's something odd going on with the new rom - no? how else to explain the new problem?

isn't this thread about reporting problems and experiences with new versions of cm7?

personally i love overclocking - if i ever get anything that can be overclocked relatively easily, then i go for it, looking for that sweet spot of super souped-up stability.

yes i'm aware of potential negative consequences, such as risk of shortened life etc, but as the great neil young has it: "

:D