[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest downloader50

Big problem - updated from 7.1 stable to the 241 nightly my google account has dissapeared and it won't let me add a new account! If i try to add a new account it only offers facebook or a corporate account.

Has any one else seen the same issue.

Another issue is my titanium back up freezes on installing an app from a back up

Sorry cancel that all working now I have gone back to 7.1 restore and then re flashed 241 nightly

Edited by downloader50

Guest hugobosslives

Where can I report bugs? N241, Slovak language, CM settings -> Lockscreen -> Style options -> Lockscreen style = FC. 3-times reflashed.

you can't in nightlies. only in stables/RCs etc.

if your feeling helpful. flash back to 7.1 stable. see if the problem persists (with a full wipe of course, as this may be the cause of your fc).

Guest sej7278

Where can I report bugs? N241, Slovak language, CM settings -> Lockscreen -> Style options -> Lockscreen style = FC. 3-times reflashed.

i've got a feeling someone already saw that in this thread a few nightlies back, it may have been a portugese translation, so it may be an issue with non-english setups.....? could you try it with n241 in english and see if it still fc's?

Edited by sej7278

i've got a feeling someone already saw that in this thread a few nightlies back, it may have been a portugese translation, so it may be an issue with non-english setups.....? could you try it with n241 in english and see if it still fc's?

For example Czech was ok. I switched to english and it works fine too. Then I changed lockscreen style to Rotary rev, switch back to Slovak and no more FC. Weird.

Guest JolyonS
I, like most users, don't have any battery issues.

Are you sure? Or have 'most users' just given up complaining about how terrible battery life is with all ROMs bar the early Ginger Stir Fry releases?

What qualifies as 'issues' anyway? I can just about get 24 hours out of a blade (zero texts or phone calls, 3G data on, some app synching and no more than an hour at the maximum with the screen active).

This doesn't compare terribly with other smartphones but is a long way from excellent and a long, LONG way from the battery life reported by some Blade users.

Guest Chris Banks

Anyone knows what is this? - https://market.andro...gas.jamtwg.free (not the theme, but the 3rd screenshot under the heading 'app screenshots')

I pretty much like the look of that screen, but I don't know if that's an app or launcher. Never came across that one before :s

Most probably just done using something like Minimalistic text, with custom activity launch on tap, or Desktop Visualizer with pre-made images.

Are you sure? Or have 'most users' just given up complaining about how terrible battery life is with all ROMs bar the early Ginger Stir Fry releases?

Its only people with problems who complain. So comments in threads are an ill representative of the majority.

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest steeperton

I get 2-3 days of normal use out of CM7, with 3g on all times, news, gmail and FB sync turned on. No O/C.

The main change to me, was when I updated the automatic backlight settings to those posted earlier in the thread. That's made a world of difference. Before changing I would get 2 days tops.

Also, I've noticed someone say their CM7 governor is set to "on demand" as default... Well, mine's on "interactive" as default... Is this right?

Guest hugobosslives

What qualifies as 'issues' anyway? I can just about get 24 hours out of a blade (zero texts or phone calls, 3G data on, some app synching and no more than an hour at the maximum with the screen active).

This doesn't compare terribly with other smartphones but is a long way from excellent and a long, LONG way from the battery life reported by some Blade users.

Yer your battery life is shite compared to most blade users then.

Mine easily gets 2 days with some to spare. OCd, wifi allways on, music and games and texts and phone calls, screen on maybe 2 hours a day

Guest Isidorosis

When I use disable lockscreen from tablet tweaks, it never shows up the screen where you have to put your pin code.... and I have to manually enable the lockscreen

Is there a fix for that and I have to do something or it's a 'cm7 thing'???? (..and it will be a fix?)

Guest Chris Banks

When I use disable lockscreen from tablet tweaks, it never shows up the screen where you have to put your pin code.... and I have to manually enable the lockscreen

Is there a fix for that and I have to do something or it's a 'cm7 thing'???? (..and it will be a fix?)

Disabling the lockscreen does just that, disables the lockscreen be it sliding tabs, pattern or pin.

Guest rockstarszzzz

If you disabled lock screen why would you expect it to be there for you? It's only a feature useful to get around the server encryption!

Are you confusing it with 'disable PIN lock' ?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest JolyonS
Yer your battery life is shite compared to most blade users then.

Mine easily gets 2 days with some to spare. OCd, wifi allways on, music and games and texts and phone calls, screen on maybe 2 hours a day

The question is, is your experience typical or mine?

There hasn't been any sort of useful poll on the subject never mind a wide-ranging test so neither you nor Tom can honestly claim to be representative of 'most blade users'.

If we can establish that those of us who are unthrilled with Blade battery life have a pattern of behaviour, a set of software, particular environmental similarities, or duff hardware it gives us a direction to continue these investigations and might stop us sending devs down blind alleys chasing an issue they can't possibly fix.

Out of interest is your phone OLED or LCD?

Guest rockstarszzzz

sending devs down blind alleys chasing an issue they can't possibly fix.

SSRLS5 - had excellent battery life for most/all users!

CM7 din't, doesn't and probably won't. So unless we send devs down that blind alleys chasing an issues they can possibly fix - because it's broken, what other way do we have?

It could be an issue with Gingerbread v/s Froyo, but there have been versions of this ROM and others that have been better in battery life compared to other gingerbread versions.

Plus, comparing between ROMs on same blade makes more sense than inter-blades on same ROM. Usage pattern is bound to change no matter how many variables you go an control.

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest pengeren

Almost a Day after flashing N241 and yes I am afraid to say this one does have a MASSIVE battery drain....

I mean on N241 battery is going down like crazy....

On N227 Battery life was atleast respectable and could be lasted atleast 2 days... (That too with mild WiFi usage and such)

But on N241 I dont thing that it can do the same...

I mean I full charged it last night,it was on 2G the whole time and the phone is sleeping perfectly and not woken up by the menu,home or the back key yet in the morning it went down to 88%....

And now it is at 57% when I havent even used it a bit and its been sleeping the whole time....... (WiFi was off the whole time)

(No wifi usage,No phone calls what so ever)

N241 Battery Usage:

screenshot1320083732296.png

So I guess we have to wait for a newer nightly for the battery problem to be sorted out.....

IMO N208 Had the BEST Battery life of all the recent nighties...

Edited by ZTR

Guest sandriderman

My battery usage on N241. 3g left on overnight, phone not used at all other than to check the battery life 2 or 3 times. ROM installed with full wipe, the only apps that were installed are K9 mail, drop box, battery calibration, launcher pro, CPU spy and a theme. Only 1 widget added to home screen (Fancy Widget Pro). Today, after another full charge I have had similar performance.

Not sure why the CPU Spy screen shot, the total hours don't add up to 12 Hours 24 minutes.

For some reason on the graph for awake, the phone keeps showing as awake.

WIFI was off. No over clock.

As I have previously stated I can manage my phone with tasker to get better performance, just having a play with my phone to get to the bottom of the battery problems.

Cheers

post-797180-0-38233000-1320085679_thumb.

post-797180-0-60138600-1320085705_thumb.

post-797180-0-87718600-1320085717_thumb.

Edited by sandriderman

Guest MidaMilunk

I get 2-3 days of normal use out of CM7, with 3g on all times, news, gmail and FB sync turned on. No O/C.

The main change to me, was when I updated the automatic backlight settings to those posted earlier in the thread. That's made a world of difference. Before changing I would get 2 days tops.

Also, I've noticed someone say their CM7 governor is set to "on demand" as default... Well, mine's on "interactive" as default... Is this right?

It is just unbelievable! For me 3G ate the battery in 12 hours (it was 50% for 4 hours actually, so I think it would not survive a workday), I only sync the contacts (with one g-mailbox) and calendars (two), not even mails! This was the same form CM (I think it was n220) and Moldovan Mile (ZTE 2.3.5 ROM) as well! The phone was mainly in standby, with very few actual usage during the "test period".

Currently I use 2G all the time, when I (rarely) need more data in time, I just switch to 3G on the power widget. Battery life is OK this way, some 30% for a workday - which practically means the day as well, since phone use some 0-2% per 8 hours in standby.

CM7 use "interactive" currently, it used to be ondemand earlier. I use smartassV2 with 710Mhz max, but I will try if 604Mhz max would make any difference!

Guest hugobosslives

The question is, is your experience typical or mine?

There hasn't been any sort of useful poll on the subject never mind a wide-ranging test so neither you nor Tom can honestly claim to be representative of 'most blade users'.

If we can establish that those of us who are unthrilled with Blade battery life have a pattern of behaviour, a set of software, particular environmental similarities, or duff hardware it gives us a direction to continue these investigations and might stop us sending devs down blind alleys chasing an issue they can't possibly fix.

Out of interest is your phone OLED or LCD?

mine is an original (october 2010) UK OLED.

i agree that it is possible your battery is "most users" but unlikely.

people complain when bad battery, but don't compliment when good. If the battery was shite for everyone. this thread would be nuked with people complaining surely?

@ all with battery drain problems.

Does the draining happen with a clean install without gapps installed? If you have gapps installed, what apps are there? Does turning off "Use wireless networks" under "Location & security" settings make any difference? Are you using "Back up my data" under "Privacy" settings? I'm only guessing here trying to figure out what's going on..?

Guest hugobosslives

@ all with battery drain problems.

Does the draining happen with a clean install without gapps installed? If you have gapps installed, what apps are there? Does turning off "Use wireless networks" under "Location & security" settings make any difference? Are you using "Back up my data" under "Privacy" settings? I'm only guessing here trying to figure out what's going on..?

can somebody do the following:

wipe. no gapps, no apps, just the rom and fully calibrate it, charge then use it so the battery is below 80ish (as battery value is out above 80 odd)

then either:

wack into airplane mode for as long as possible (this may be better if you have two phones). Measure battery drop over the whole time. Dont keep checking amount, just look at the end.

Mine will manage 10 days easy like this. When i went on holiday last i left my phone at home (not in airplane. eg normal mode) and it was on 30% after a week....

Guest rockstarszzzz

I think I spoke too early yesterday about 'excellent' standby battery operation.

I'm syncing 4 email accounts, FB, Google+, Twitter, Tapatalk, 3G all the time, No wifi, No GPS. About 50 odd text messages and 2 calls (3 mins total), No Over clocking.

I was able to pull off, 19 hours until I had 10% left. I think I might have probably gone 1 more hour max with that 10%.

It's a clean install, formatted SD card too, battery calibrated using CWM, GApps include: Market, Google Maps, Gmail.

post-689962-0-22624600-1320088165_thumb.

Edited by rockstarszzzz