[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Could someone plz upload a picture of good working brightness, display level settings?

The ones I use are:

Lower-Upper = Screen

0-9 = 20

10-19 = 35

20-49 = 50

50-99 = 70

100-199 = 90

200-499 = 110

500-999 = 140

1000-2999 = 190

3000-4999 = 230

5000-infinity = 255

I got them from earlier in this thread somewhere.

Guest ffoxsake

The ones I use are:

Lower-Upper = Screen

0-9 = 20

10-19 = 35

20-49 = 50

50-99 = 70

100-199 = 90

200-499 = 110

500-999 = 140

1000-2999 = 190

3000-4999 = 230

5000-infinity = 255

I got them from earlier in this thread somewhere.

I've tweaked mine down a bit lately. Still works fine for me and even less drain on the battery:

Lower-Upper = Screen

0-9 = 20

10-19 = 30

20-49 = 40

50-99 = 50

100-199 = 65

200-499 = 85

500-999 = 100

1000-2999 = 130

3000-4999 = 180

5000-infinity = 255

Won't suit everyone, but i recommend that you try tweaking each level down until you are happy. But don't forget to scroll up and press the "Save and Apply" button before exiting after you've made your changes (it gets pretty annoying when you forget to!!!)

Also patched in the Toggle2G-Update.zip file using clockwork so that i automatically drop back to 2G after a few minutes of screen off. Battery life definitely extended.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

Edited by ffoxsake

I use this settings:

0-9 20 255

10-19 30 0

20-39 40 0

40-79 60 0

80-159 80 0

160-319 100 0

320-639 120 0

640-1279 140 0

1280-2559 160 0

2560-5119 180 0

5120-10239 200 0

10240-20479 220 0

20480-inf 240 0

Thanks for the info. I did some search and I got CM7 Theme Patcher from XDA. However, the auto-brightness feature is missing after applying the patch so I gave up.:(

I change the value config_automatic_brightness_available to true in tools\bools.xml in the patcher and it works now :lol:

In case you doubt the bool.xml will change your settings, you can overwrite it with that from the framework-res.apk that you pull from your ROM and change the values according to sej's patch

Edited by wtel

i'm on n241, and i have a couple of issues:

- i can't hear any sounds when i select different ringtones from the menu to select the phone ringtone. but when someone calls me, the ringtone is fine. how do i restore the sound while seleceting ringtones?

- when the phone boots and the "insert pin screen" arrives, the phone vibrates and sounds like an sms was arrived. what is this how do i remove it?

- when i start and end a telephone call, the phone vibrates. how do i remove this?

i think these are related to my settings in profile and sound menus, but there are many options which i don't know what they are about, so i don't know how to fix those problems.

installing rom toolbox pro, i have the possibility to change the battery icon. the app clearly says that i need to select a battery icon with the same % increment, otherwise it doesn't work properly. since the default battery icon has 20% increment, and i'd like to have a battery circle mod with 1% increment, how can i modify the defualt battery icon?

Edited by Ficus

Guest KACE_231

Hi, im using the latest CM7 nightly build, but my WiFi doesnt seem to work at all, I turn it on and the entire phone freezes, and a couple of seconds later, it reboots. This is very annoying as i cant rely on internet data forever. Is this a known bug, if so can someone point me towards a nightly that doesnt have this issue. thank you

Guest downloader50

Hi, im using the latest CM7 nightly build, but my WiFi doesnt seem to work at all, I turn it on and the entire phone freezes, and a couple of seconds later, it reboots. This is very annoying as i cant rely on internet data forever. Is this a known bug, if so can someone point me towards a nightly that doesnt have this issue. thank you

I would go back to stable 7.1 too many bugs in all the latest nightly's

have you noticed the graphics screwed up in google goggle, barcode scanner etc and now a potential wifi issue

Edited by downloader50

Guest Mr_Odwin

In Spare Parts under Sensor usage in Battery History (since unplugged) there are always large bars for Camera, Gallery and Maps even when I've not used them since unplugging. Is this a known issue, is there some fix, or is it nothing to worry about? (I'm on nightly 227. Maybe this has been resolved since?)

Guest downloader50

In Spare Parts under Sensor usage in Battery History (since unplugged) there are always large bars for Camera, Gallery and Maps even when I've not used them since unplugging. Is this a known issue, is there some fix, or is it nothing to worry about? (I'm on nightly 227. Maybe this has been resolved since?)

Not used my phone much today but all I have is android system

post-904314-0-11342000-1320329339_thumb.

Edited by downloader50

Guest eucurto

Just to let you people know that CM7 is the only ROM i tested that Bluetooth Streaming Audio to my car stereo (citroen c3) shows the Artist and track names on the screen... Absolute marvelous... Thank you CM7 developers! cool.gif

N245 is out

GPS is OK

WiFi is OK

regards

Nightly got built @ 11:07:12

FM: Send FM_PLUG intents for OMAP_

ENHANCEMENT devices

(android_ packages_apps_ FM) media: Make

HAVE_FM _RADIO play nice with OMAP_

ENHANCEMENT

(android_ frameworks_base) Implement

double tap gesture (android_ packages_

apps_ADWLauncher ) Torch: hold wakelock

when using the camera interface

(android_ packages_apps_ Torch) Torch:

Remove device-specific spaghetti code

(android_ packages_apps_ Torch) settings:

allow device specific settings menu

(android_ packages_apps_ Settings)

Guest downloader50

Nightly got built @ 11:07:12

FM: Send FM_PLUG intents for OMAP_

ENHANCEMENT devices

(android_ packages_apps_ FM) media: Make

HAVE_FM _RADIO play nice with OMAP_

ENHANCEMENT

(android_ frameworks_base) Implement

double tap gesture (android_ packages_

apps_ADWLauncher ) Torch: hold wakelock

when using the camera interface

(android_ packages_apps_ Torch) Torch:

Remove device-specific spaghetti code

(android_ packages_apps_ Torch) settings:

allow device specific settings menu

(android_ packages_apps_ Settings)

Is there any news on Google goggles and barcode scanner graphics being screwed up has this nightly fixed the issue?

Edited by downloader50

Guest sej7278

Is there any news on Google goggles and barcode scanner graphics being screwed up has this nightly fixed the issue?

are you sure its not an upgrade of those apps that screwed themselves? i can't see what in the changelog could have impacted them, and certainly nothing in n245 that would fix it.

Guest BurgerZ

are you sure its not an upgrade of those apps that screwed themselves? i can't see what in the changelog could have impacted them, and certainly nothing in n245 that would fix it.

Definitly. Its a broken nightly. Ive tried to launch barcode scaner of the same version on 227 and 24* nightlies. 227 is good. 24* - double screen.

Guest downloader50

Definitly. Its a broken nightly. Ive tried to launch barcode scaner of the same version on 227 and 24* nightlies. 227 is good. 24* - double screen.

same here double screen same versions of goggles and barcode work perfect on 7.1 stable

Edited by downloader50

Guest The-HUN

Seems the same issue reported for Barcode Scanner and Goggles on latest nightlyes.

A thing that might be worth investigating is that on Burstlam and Sej kangs everything seems working fine.

Maybe there is something wrong in the autobuilder?

Where are these KANGs? I have not seen one since 26th of Octobre.

Guest aljorocks

hi im using cm7 nightly 241 and my cam doesn't work it says " camera error cannot connect to camera"

any fix to this TIA im using a zte blade gen 2 got it just recently in china any help will be muchly appreciated biggrin.gif

hi im using cm7 nightly 241 and my cam doesn't work it says " camera error cannot connect to camera"

any fix to this TIA im using a zte blade gen 2 got it just recently in china any help will be muchly appreciated biggrin.gif

It could be you'll have to wait for this change to get merged.

edit: Did it work before or is N241 your first install?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest oxyg3n89

hey, has anyone faced launcher pro+ constant force closes on later nightly releases? tried app reinstall too,no luck. always worked before. no other problems on n241,so see no reason to reinstall rom...

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Edited by oxyg3n89

Guest The-HUN

hey, has anyone faced launcher pro+ constant force closes on later nightly releases? tried app reinstall too,no luck. has always been working before. no other problems on n241,so see no reason to reinstall rom...

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

This is strange... I used to have problems using LP with CM7 BEFORE n227. Currently I am happy to use my favourite launcher at last, just like with GSF or MM-HMP ROM's. No FCs, no reconfigure-all-widgets-after-reboot bugs. I use the free version, not LP+.

Guest targetbsp

hey, has anyone faced launcher pro+ constant force closes on later nightly releases? tried app reinstall too,no luck. always worked before. no other problems on n241,so see no reason to reinstall rom...

Cm Settings -> Performance, then put a tick in lock home in memory may help.