[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest jventura

1) No. my camera is fine

2) mine looks nothing like that:

Can you find a settings menu entry where words are hidden like mine, or that correctly skips to the next line? It doesn't have necessarily to be in Settings->Networks->Mobile Networks.. It can be in any menu, even applications menu..

BTW, yours is self-compiled, or nightly? Mine is self-compiled, maybe that is the problem, don't know..

Another example, Cyanogenmod settings -> Input settings...

post-820116-0-65285700-1320414742_thumb.

Edited by jventura

Guest ToraNoShi

If you're using N241 then Open the App Drawer and Go to ZTE Blade Settings and tap on "Proximity sensor Calibration"

In N227 the ZTE Blade Settings can be accessed through Menu->Settings->ZTE Blade Settings

Regards,

gnarula

Hello gnarula again!

It works! Problem fixed!

Thank you very much!

Guest hugobosslives

Can you find a settings menu entry where words are hidden like mine, or that correctly skips to the next line? It doesn't have necessarily to be in Settings->Networks->Mobile Networks.. It can be in any menu, even applications menu..

BTW, yours is self-compiled, or nightly? Mine is self-compiled, maybe that is the problem, don't know..

Another example, Cyanogenmod settings -> Input settings...

currently on a kang that i made last weekend. but it has looked like that in the network settings menu on previous builds (nc. official nightlies)so i am confused

Yer in your second example (music one) I have it like in you picture. Don't know if this is a bug or meant to be like that tho.....

Guest jventura

currently on a kang that i made last weekend. but it has looked like that in the network settings menu on previous builds (nc. official nightlies)so i am confused

Yer in your second example (music one) I have it like in you picture. Don't know if this is a bug or meant to be like that tho.....

It is definitely a bug.. It makes no sense and as i said, in stock and leaked roms the (now) hidden words in a string are correctly in the next line. And if you turn the screen horizontally, on that leaked roms, the string is correctly in one line, so there is no "\n" or "\r\n" hard-coded in a string (I've tried to implement that in pt-PT, but is much trouble for a thing that should be automatically handled..).

The problem must be in the CM7 implementation of widget.ListView or there is something like widget.Label that is not doing its job (I'm not so proficient in Android development, less with CM7 java code)..

Any one with not-self-compiled nightlies report the same problem? If not, maybe it is something local to our compilation computers..

Guest steeperton

It is definitely a bug.. It makes no sense and as i said, in stock and leaked roms the (now) hidden words in a string are correctly in the next line. And if you turn the screen horizontally, on that leaked roms, the string is correctly in one line, so there is no "\n" or "\r\n" hard-coded in a string (I've tried to implement that in pt-PT, but is much trouble for a thing that should be automatically handled..).

The problem must be in the CM7 implementation of widget.ListView or there is something like widget.Label that is not doing its job (I'm not so proficient in Android development, less with CM7 java code)..

Any one with not-self-compiled nightlies report the same problem? If not, maybe it is something local to our compilation computers..

Confirmed on standard nightly (217, I think)

Guest Gerappa

Hello guys!

I use Kang oct24 release, this rom is so far good (!!!) except one thing. I cant change to set wifi to go sleep.

If i choose that, always switch back to "never". any solution? Thanks in advance

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Hello guys!

I use Kang oct24 release, this rom is so far good (!!!) except one thing. I cant change to set wifi to go sleep.

If i choose that, always switch back to "never". any solution? Thanks in advance

I don't understand exactly what you mean. When you select Setting --> Wireless & Networks --> Wi-Fi settings --> Menu button --> Advanced --> Wi-Fi sleep policy then whatever you select changes back to 'Never'? At what point does this change happen? Can you select 'When screen turns off' or 'Never when plugged in' at all? Or does it change back to 'Never' if you exit the menu then go back in again? Or does it only reset to 'Never' following a reboot? An exact step-by-step of what you do and what you see would be helpful.

Cheers.

Guest jventura

Now I'm confused.. The Android 2.1 simulator also has that "feature"! :blink:

Maybe the 2.3.3 simulator doesn't. :mellow:

Edit: Nope, Android 2.3.3 simulator also has that "feature"..

post-820116-0-64152000-1320427290_thumb.

Edited by jventura

Guest sej7278

since when has the camera (and goggles and barcode) been broken then? i've got like a double/repeated screen in my build (essentially n246)

there's a few camera changes in n241, but can't really see those being the culprit. n242-6 have almost no changes.

i even tried the new camera drivers in tom_g's kernel, but mine's an old gen1 blade anyway.

Edited by sej7278

hi sm4tik ty for the fast reply yup 241 is my first install from stock zte blade yup it(camera) worked fine before i updated to n241

the 241n is realy good besides the cam problem.

btw how can i install the patch for the cam support or do i have to wait for it to be included in the future nightly? TIA

The patch can't be installed separately, you'd need to compile the rom from source yourself to include it in. Some people have been sharing their own builds with latest changes that haven't been merged yet. These builds are mainly for the adventurous and for testing purposes. Though, most are working just fine. I haven't seen one with the latest kernel, people should wait for patchset2 anyway.

was running fine after that for a while until this morning FC,so will stick to ADW for some time..good to hear LP works for others:)

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Huh?! It's been a while since I saw someone writing with such a great attitude! :)

Hey, I'm using CM 7.1 Nightly 227 and all works fine... can anybody tell me what new is in that newer Nightly ROMs?

the proximity sensor problem is for me in 227 but I changed settings so it works fine!

I Installed Win7 back again and then some apps.. so I didn't have free time to check newer Nightly's...

and why the CM box where I can see what new is in newer, Why it's not work?

It's showing this text for me:

<IFRAME  src="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24201682/Blade/BladeCM7.html" width="100%" height="692px" frameborder="0"></IFRAME>
Edit:
[/color][color=#4B4B4B]"http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24201682/Blade/BladeCM7.html[/color][color=#4B4B4B]

this link works for me so I can check what new is in the newer nightlys.. :)

Just browse here for the changelog

edit:

since when has the camera (and goggles and barcode) been broken then? i've got like a double/repeated screen that i didn't have in 24oct.

there's a few camera changes in n241, but can't really see those being the culprit. n242-6 have almost no changes.

i even tried the new camera drivers in tom_g's kernel, but mine's an old gen1 blade anyway.

I think the first reports were from N241. No problems here though with my stock gen2 5Mpx blade.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278

I think the first reports were from N241. No problems here though with my stock gen2 5Mpx blade.

oddly enough i'm only seeing it in goggles, barcode and satfinder now, not the camera app itself........

i've only just noticed it so don't know if it was in my 24oct build, i guess the problem was somewhere in the 227-241 gap, bit odd that the camera app (and certain camera chips it seems) aren't getting the problem. i can't see its a kernel thing if its not effecting the camera app.

Edited by sej7278

oddly enough i'm only seeing it in goggles, barcode and satfinder now, not the camera app itself........

i've only just noticed it so don't know if it was in my 24oct build, i guess the problem was somewhere in the 227-241 gap, bit odd that the camera app (and certain camera chips it seems) aren't getting the problem. i can't see its a kernel thing if its not effecting the camera app.

Heck you're right! I triple checked and barcode scanner's messed up here too but not the camera. I'm on a build from oct 30.

Maybe it is not the camera itself, or its driver, since if you do take a picture with for example goggles the resulting picture will be ok. And if you press menu inside this app, the buttons will be doubled on the sides of the screen.

Guest sej7278

Heck you're right! I triple checked and barcode scanner's messed up here too but not the camera. I'm on a build from oct 30.

ok so its effecting all camera chipsets then - well gen1/3mp and gen2/5mp anyway.

i really don't understand how it can only effect certain apps though - unless whatever broke it was only tested using the camera app, so its gone unnoticed.....

Guest sej7278

Maybe it is not the camera itself, or its driver, since if you do take a picture with for example goggles the resulting picture will be ok. And if you press menu inside this app, the buttons will be doubled on the sides of the screen.

yes, it could just be some rendering bug that the camera app has a workaround for, if the pictures themselves are ok in goggles.

Edited by sej7278

Guest gerardfarrell

I only started using CM7 from sej's 24Oct build but didn't use the camera until I went to 241 so I can't say if the 24Oct ROM had the problem. Camera was and is broken for me through to 246 if I try video at 800x480 (which worked fine in SS5). The image is shifted down and then wraps round to the top with part of the bottom of the image repated at the top. Works fine at 640x480 though. Barcode scanner exhibits the same effect so I wonder if that automatically runs at 800x480.

Guest sej7278

I only started using CM7 from sej's 24Oct build but didn't use the camera until I went to 241 so I can't say if the 24Oct ROM had the problem. Camera was and is broken for me through to 246 if I try video at 800x480 (which worked fine in SS5). The image is shifted down and then wraps round to the top with part of the bottom of the image repated at the top. Works fine at 640x480 though. Barcode scanner exhibits the same effect so I wonder if that automatically runs at 800x480.

i can't find an option to set the video mode in pixels, but mine was set to high, so i set it to youtube and then back to high and it froze the phone. none of the resolutions had the wraparound rendering problem though.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Your 24th october one is fine, nightly 241 was the first to have the issue so it must be a change after your build (problem is that the changelog for nightly 241 was being cut off so I couldnt narrow down which change broke it)

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest gerardfarrell

LG Camera lets you select resolution. Worked great under SS5 but under CM7 at 800x480 if I try and record (with the split image) then I can't stop recording - pressing the stop button starts another grab going and none of the files generated work. It is fine at 640x480.

Burstlam kang from 29 october is working perfectly (i am refering to goggles, barcode scanner,.. ).

So it is something that got merged later

I'm currently running nightly 210 and thinking of updating. Wots peoples opinions of battery use of this Rom versus 7.1 stable, N227 and the 24oct builds. Giving the latest nightlies a mii until some of the reported probs are sorted.

Guest gerardfarrell

Burstlam kang from 29 october is working perfectly (i am refering to goggles, barcode scanner,.. ).

So it is something that got merged later

I agree that the 800x480 image is fine in Burstlam Kang 29 Oct (or is it 28 Oct?), but for me LG camera still fails to record correctly at this resolution. Works fine at 640x480 as does the standard camera app at high res (which is also 640x480).