[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Martin Watson

I've run most nightlies, and always have a handy restore point of the latest RC. I can't say that I've run into any of these issues at all. GPS locks at about 20 seconds, still faster than my Garmin. Games play just fine. As it comes out of the tin, no messing with CPU, governors etc. It's a £100 phone at the end of the day, what do folks want? Quad core performance and everlasting battery? I get to about 40% battery by the end of the day, so charge overnight - the maths says I have to.

Beers all round for the developers I think. Fantastic work.

Martin.

Guest JayGB1982

I decided to stay on RC4 today mainly because i was busy.

Think I'll wait to the next RC or until something big happens or I get bored lol

I can't comment on the accelerometer much I tried Labrynth earlier which seemed ok... perhaps a little skittish?

I also had another GPS related re-boot. These seem too occur after long periods of GPS usage

This is on stock frequency but today I switched from smart-ass to on-demand governor.

On-demand seems quicker at waking up the proximity sensor during calls etc... Well for me anyway.

So ill stay on the on-demand one for now.

Guest mickey megabyte

****off topic blasphemy alert****

so, if jesus had a phone, what network would he be on?

jesus-phone.jpeg

would he even need a phone, given his family connections?

Edited by mickey megabyte

Guest Fou-lu

jesus-phone.jpeg

Jesus would make his own phone, his own network, his own custom rom, then people get jealous and....

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest Roo13
Just for the feedback because i didn't get any reboots:

- Cache and dalvik cache wiped

- n36 flashed over RC4

- SmartAss CPU governor 320/600

- Played few minutes AB

- Used GMaps with wifi and GPS, and turned them off

I don't have 3G, may it be the origin of the bug..?

Was wrong, few minutes later, i got a reboot...no Oc but underclock with CPU governor..may it be the reason..?

Guest streather

jesus-phone.jpeg

From my admittedly basic understanding of the folklore surrounding it, i'm pretty sure he'd be using one of these

NTNmr.jpg

Guest Frankish
I also had another GPS related re-boot. These seem too occur after long periods of GPS usage

I finally got mine to do this too. You seem to have to use the gps for a while for it to reboot. I've tested loads in the past with a couple of minutes use and never a reboot. Last night left it on for 20 minutes and then exited. Sure enough i got a reboot later on.

Guest simonckenyon

a comment on bug 3277 suggests that it is indeed an issue with the battery sensor indicating that the phone is too hot and shutting down.

if i knew what kernel we are using (lost count of the number of times i have asked - to no avail) i would look there.

another crazy wild ass guess from me would have me looking to see what is shut down at the time the sensor indicates that the battery is overheating.

in http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...efd239230a71864

it clearly shows the battery temp at 71 degree

will this cause the phone to pwer off?

Guest dazbaz996
I finally got mine to do this too. You seem to have to use the gps for a while for it to reboot. I've tested loads in the past with a couple of minutes use and never a reboot. Last night left it on for 20 minutes and then exited. Sure enough i got a reboot later on.

Same here

I installed nigthly 35 a couple of nights ago. I had been using the phone a lot with no issues at all. Installed maps last night and used gps, also had wifi on. Turned off wifi and gps, looked at my phone about 10 minutes later and it had rebooted.

Guest sej7278
a comment on bug 3277 suggests that it is indeed an issue with the battery sensor indicating that the phone is too hot and shutting down.

if i knew what kernel we are using (lost count of the number of times i have asked - to no avail) i would look there.

another crazy wild ass guess from me would have me looking to see what is shut down at the time the sensor indicates that the battery is overheating.

in http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...efd239230a71864

it clearly shows the battery temp at 71 degree

will this cause the phone to pwer off?

so its looking like the real fault is the temperature sensor not the gps, as there's no way the battery is getting to 71c - maybe 41c with gps+3g+wifi.

i thought someone made a custom kernel with the temperature hardcoded to test this? did anyone try that or see results?

Guest mark2410

okay i think i need some help, ive been running RC2 for ages now as everytime i flash a new nightly it wipes everything, all settings and data are gone. yes ive done nandroid back ups but nothing gets restored so i end up just restoring the whole system to get everything back. just what the hell am i doing wrong, its driving me crazy.

please please help

Guest mark2410
Could you explain the process you use when flashing a new nightly?

doing a nandroid back up then running the update from within clockwork

Guest Rotmann
Jesus phone = iPhone no?

Ehem, pardon me sir, that's GOD'S PHONE!!! B) Jesus has a lousy jPhone I think.

Other than that, crazy stuff to see lots of complaints from people overclocking, using unsupported a2sd and so on. :D No wonder the devs don't visit us here ;) The reason to think most of the problems are user generated is still very big.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest mark2410
Strange, you're not performing any wipes at all? A workaround could be to use Titanium to back up and restore your apps

nope no wipes, ive done titanium restores, what i did last time but i really really cannot be boing that every single time as it takes ages restoring everthing.

could it be that im using clockwor 3.0.1.4? i really cant think whats wrong, its so frustrating