[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hugobosslives

right, Im guna write a postive reply on this thread as alot of belends are just moaning, moaning, moaning. People moan when things go wrong, but don't say anything when everything is perfect, so people think this rom is crap WHEN IT AINT!

first my Blade: Black OLED B05, clockwork: v3.0.1.4, current nightlly: n35 since monday morning

So i charge my blade on tuesday lunch time after it has run down to min battery.

Take it off charge at around 3pm tuesday afternoon, tuesday night I use about 30 mins off music, a few levels of gameloft assasin's creed (about 20 mins), and then about 45 mins surfing the web (wifi) while watching tv before bed (so moderate usage) as i go to bed charge reads: 79% :D

Wake up wednesday morning charge reads: 79%, very B)! so on wednesday I use probs about 2 hours of games (NB: high end games like asphalt 5 and modern combat), an hour of music and an hour of surfing the web (3G), and probs about 20 texts, and two calls. I go to bed with charge reading: 34%, not bad!

Wake up this morning, thursday, and charge reads: 34% ;)! I've since played about 20 mins of minigore (the game) and had one call (10 mins) and checked my emails + a bit of surfing over breakfast (maybe 15 mins).

Battery currently reads: 16%. so will probs wack it on charge when the 10% warning comes up in a bit (which will be say 11.30am thurday)

So to summarise, battery has lasted just under 2 days :D, (around 44 hours from tuesday 3pm to 11.30am on thursday) with my average usuage (which you can judge yourself as to how heavy i use it, but i would say moderate use?)

I am happy with this as on froyo i would get just over 2 days, and cyanogen is defo worth a couple of hours less.

A few notes: Throughout, the phone was overclocked to 710/245 when screen is on (ondemand) (NOTE I AM NOTE COMPLAINING ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH OVERCLOCKING!! INFACT THE OPPOSITE!!!) and underclocked: smartass 320/122 when screen is off.

[Also i am happy with the smoothness of this nightly, menus, and launcher (ADW) are very slick]

In summary, THE BATTERY LIFE IS FINE ON N35! i want to say a thank you to the devs, some people (like me) are very grateful and love your rom, keep the good work up :D

Guest mvheuver
Other than that, crazy stuff to see lots of complaints from people overclocking, using unsupported a2sd and so on. :D No wonder the devs don't visit us here B) The reason to think most of the problems are user generated is still very big.

As usual, Mr Rotmann is the voice of reason! ;)

A lot of problems are indeed user generated I think, pity it is indeed probably the cause why the devs don't frequent this place. Hope you can keep liaising with them as it is important they still get feedback.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
In summary, THE BATTERY LIFE IS FINE ON N35! i want to say a thank you to the devs, some people (like me) are very grateful and love your rom, keep the good work up :D

Case dismissed. B)

Does USB Debugging work for you guys? ADB doesn't find the device, actually, it hasn't worked in any nightly or RC for me.

Nope, has never worked. Our Kernel doesn't support it in Gingerbread, I'm afraid.

Guest mELIANTE

That's great. All that with 3G and data on?

Guest JayGB1982
Was wrong, few minutes later, i got a reboot...no Oc but underclock with CPU governor..may it be the reason..?

I still got a re-boot yesterday under on-demand.

Testing today with RC4 / eXperimental Kernel. GPS on but with 2g data only.

Guest samjam
Nope, has never worked. Our Kernel doesn't support it in Gingerbread, I'm afraid.

Err... adb works for me:

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.SENDTO -d sms:07977xxxxxx --es sms_body 'hello there' --ez exit_on_send true

and the sms is there all ready for me to send...

I'm using N35

Guest sej7278
Case dismissed. :D

huh? how are you supposed to run commands then - only on the phone itself?

not so good if you've bricked it.

those saying it does work - are you just doing that on the phone or remotely via the sdk?

Edited by sej7278

Guest tdroza
Case dismissed. :D

ADB works for me. Shows up as "Blade-CM7" when I do 'adb devices'. I can send my apps to my blade from Eclipse, and set breakpoints to step through code etc etc. Maybe a driver issue if it's not working for you?

Guest Frankish
huh? how are you supposed to run commands then - only on the phone itself?

not so good if you've bricked it.

those saying it does work - are you just doing that on the phone or remotely via the sdk?

Every possible way! It DOES work.

ADB has to work to pull propriety files from the device when building.

Edited by Frankish

Guest hugobosslives
That's great. All that with 3G and data on?

oh that was something i didn't mention, data is set to 2g when screen is off. and to go to go back to 3g when screen is on automatically. data was always on. i do this as emails and shiz don't need 3g data as they don't need to be fast when your not looking at them. probs saves battery, tho im not sure, i've just always done this.

Oh and about the above ADB thing. mine works too :D

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Frankish
oh that was something i didn't mention, data is set to 2g when screen is off. and to go to go back to 3g when screen is on automatically. data was always on. i do this as emails and shiz don't need 3g data as they don't need to be fast when your not looking at them. probs saves battery, tho im not sure, i've just always done this.

Oh and about the above ADB thing. mine works too :D

How you doing the switching? Tasker?

Every possible way! It DOES work.

ADB has to work to pull propriety files from the device when building.

Not for me, it doesn't. I got a question mark when I list devices in adb. I also don't get the icon for debug mode in notification bar. Maybe these two are related?

Edited by bhf

Does USB Debugging work for you guys? ADB doesn't find the device, actually, it hasn't worked in any nightly or RC for me.

+1. Do you get the symbol for usb-debugging in your status bar? I don't and adb doesn't work. I only get a ? if I list devices in adb.

Edited by bhf

Guest Frankish

Then you're holding it wrong.

ADB works for me in Windows 7 and in Ubuntu. In every nightly and rc i have tried.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Superfuzz
+1. Do you get the symbol for usb-debugging in your status bar? I don't and adb doesn't work. I only get a ? if I list devices in adb.

The usb-debugging icon not appearing is a known bug on CM7, check bug tracker. Other than that the adb should work ok.

Please. I'm not that kind of noob. But explain me this: I just restored my backup of my previous ROM, Swedish Spring r2. There adb worked flawlessly. It showed the device name as well as mounted the system partition to r/w. Now with restored CM7 N36 adb worked miraculously too. It also showed the device name. And this all of a sudden. It really didn't work before. I for sure can't explain this, but I'm very happy that adb works again.

Thanks again for insulting me, doin' it all wrong. Without this, I'd never restored SS2.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

ADB works for me in Windows 7 and in Ubuntu. In every nightly and rc i have tried.

How odd, it packed up for me a while a go. I though it was another symptom of our Kernel. I'll have to check this out somewhen....

Sorry guys :D

Guest JimJam707
How odd, it packed up for me a while a go. I though it was another symptom of our Kernel. I'll have to check this out somewhen....

Sorry guys :D

+1 To ADB working.

Guest Frankish
which branch is being used for the nightlies, 2.6.32-zte or experimental?

2.6.32-zte

Please. I'm not that kind of noob. But explain me this: I just restored my backup of my previous ROM, Swedish Spring r2. There adb worked flawlessly. It showed the device name as well as mounted the system partition to r/w. Now with restored CM7 N36 adb worked miraculously too. It also showed the device name. And this all of a sudden. It really didn't work before. I for sure can't explain this, but I'm very happy that adb works again.

Thanks again for insulting me, doin' it all wrong. Without this, I'd never restored SS2.

It was merely a joke...Steve Jobs reference.

It's working, but flaky. How odd. I'll redownload it/ check ma USB ports

I've never had a single issue with it across many nightlies so it is very odd behaviour!