[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

anyone else using my n257+ notice that the camera sensors (see spare parts) never turns off?

Sensors seem to be turning off for me. I played with the camera and camcorder for some time right away after charging and installing n257+

screenshot1321480797927.pngscreenshot1321481038235.png

screenshot1321480869747.png

He's saying if you have a system partition smaller than 160mb, so if you have a 160mb system then you wouldn't see it.

If market wasn't appearing at all, then this would be more likely to be the cause, but it could be that part of it didn't install which is causing the problems.

The duck said less than 160. Downloader says his is 160, which doesn't contradict the duck.. So I'm not sure if Downloader and Dean are agreeing with the duck, whilst sounding like disagreeing - or actually disagreeing and typo'd? :S

Check your /system partition size using df -h in the Terminal app. If you are on a <160 MB /system partition, you will often see this behaviour.

Duck

Ahh, sorry, I completely miss-read your post lol

Guest downloader50

Sensors seem to be turning off for me. I played with the camera and camcorder for some time right away after charging and installing n257+

screenshot1321480797927.pngscreenshot1321481038235.png

screenshot1321480869747.png

It's in spare parts that says the sensors are not shutting down properly

Guest alwaleef

Your Chinese V880 has less memory than the European Blades. Don't use any of the 'fixes' or you will brick your Blade. I don't know whether ZTE or China Unicom/Telecom decided that Blade users in China don't need the same amount of memory as everyone else, but someone did :angry:

I have one, and to be honest I haven't ran out of space yet, but it's kind of annoying, especially considering that phones, like most electronic goods, are relatively more expensive here in China. We pay more money for less. That's crap.

Dear Doogsville,

I am new to Android although I was using the Blade for the last 6 months but I can't figure out how to update from Froyo 2.to Android 2.3.7 based on CM 7.1. I have the same Blade from China Unicome with 256M only. Please help me in upgrading my phone with a simple step by step procedure.

Appreciate your help, thanks very much.

Guest Thunderdigital

My light sensor measures wrong values with N257+. It' about two orders less than real values. (2lux instead of 200lux) - so auto brightness is unusable. Do you experience this behavior?

Guest MidaMilunk

Power widget still assumes, that it is the only application which can change the states of anything. If f.e. mobile data is switched off/on in the bkg by any other app, PW does not show the correct status.

n257+ somehow can not stay in suspended state, sometime awakes. It was actually awake during the night consuming som 25% of battery, but it was after reinstalling/restoring my usual apps, and I forgot to restart - which always needed for me with CM ROMs.

After a restart in the morning, it is still strange somehow. Sometimes suspended correctly, sometimes wakes up spontaneously.It is on 88% at the moment (9:04), I removed the charger at 6:45. Battery is not calibrated yet.

There is no interactiveX, so I use SmartASS-2 CPU governor at the moment. the ROM is really smooth anyway.

Is it possible, that ADW uses a lot more CPU than LaouncherPro? AndroidAssistant shows ADW almost always in the first place of CPU consuming applications, L-P seems to be a lot more polite.

Guest sej7278

My light sensor measures wrong values with N257+. It' about two orders less than real values. (2lux instead of 200lux) - so auto brightness is unusable. Do you experience this behavior?

yes. autobrightness works for me only if i manually set it to the old values of around 3500 instead of the default/calibrated values around 8500.

Guest doogsville

Dear Doogsville,

I am new to Android although I was using the Blade for the last 6 months but I can't figure out how to update from Froyo 2.to Android 2.3.7 based on CM 7.1. I have the same Blade from China Unicome with 256M only. Please help me in upgrading my phone with a simple step by step procedure.

Appreciate your help, thanks very much.

1.Download z4root from the market and install it and root your phone.

2. Download ROM Manager and install it and use it to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.

3. Download the ROM of your choice and place it on your SD card, I put mine in the root.

4. use ROM manager to backup your existing ROM, then install the new ROM from the SD card.

Guest alwaleef

1.Download z4root from the market and install it and root your phone.

2. Download ROM Manager and install it and use it to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.

3. Download the ROM of your choice and place it on your SD card, I put mine in the root.

4. use ROM manager to backup your existing ROM, then install the new ROM from the SD card.

Thanks very much my friend.

On 2nd point you mention install ROM Manager and use it to install CWM Recovery. IS CWM included with ROM Manager?

On 3rd Point; What is the best ROM now? Is it CM 7.1 stable or with Nightlies ?

Thanks again for your help.

Guest Thunderdigital

Thanks sej7278,

but your answer doesn't helped me.

I changed phone/data/misc/prox_data.txt to "3486,2791,238,238,246,0,0,8,32" and I disabled CM settings/Display/Automatic backlight -

so only system default automatic brightness is enabled.

I restarted phone, but the screen is still too dark.

When I go out to sunshine it will be brighter but not too much.

I think the auto brightness is working, but it got wrong data from light sensor. Otherwise the proximity is working perfectly when i pick up phone.

yes. autobrightness works for me only if i manually set it to the old values of around 3500 instead of the default/calibrated values around 8500.

Guest sej7278

For me but on the leatest offcial nightly autobrightnes is working very well. I Yesterday restore to defaults and reboot phone and it's still working OK.

yes, due to not using the new kernel and proximity code from gerrit

Hmm... where exactly?

spare parts->battery history->click "other usage" dropdown and change to "sensor usage"

optionally change "since last unplugged" dropdown to "total since boot"

obviously after you've used the camera and stopped using it for a bit.

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

Thanks sej7278,

but your answer doesn't helped me.

I changed phone/data/misc/prox_data.txt to "3486,2791,238,238,246,0,0,8,32" and I disabled CM settings/Display/Automatic backlight -

so only system default automatic brightness is enabled.

I restarted phone, but the screen is still too dark.

When I go out to sunshine it will be brighter but not too much.

I think the auto brightness is working, but it got wrong data from light sensor. Otherwise the proximity is working perfectly when i pick up phone.

you can't use my values, they probably won't be right for your phone.

best thing to do is flash a regular nightly and calibrate (or restore an old nandroid) make a note of those values if they work for you, then use those values when you flash to mine/burstlam's self-built n256/257+

i'm really hoping this new proximity stuff doesn't get merged as is, as essentially the calibration system cannot generate working values and the defaults are way off for certain phones (a problem we've discussed before due to lots of different models).

Guest downloader50

yes, due to not using the new kernel and proximity code from gerrit

spare parts->battery history->click "other usage" dropdown and change to "sensor usage"

optionally change "since last unplugged" dropdown to "total since boot"

obviously after you've used the camera and stopped using it for a bit.

As i said earlier it's not just the nightly's affected it does the same in 7.1 stable. I used camera for 10 seconds checked after an hour and camera sensor shows on for 59 minutes

Guest targetbsp

Oddly my previous calibration numbers were 350, 438

The new defaults in the new kernel of 8000,8500 work fine for my prox sensor. I must have the same hardware revision as the devs. :D

If I calibrate, it comes up with 6530,8163 which also works fine.

With regards to the light sensor values, it still works in so much as brighter lights cause a higher number. It just goes up a lot less. So surely all you need is new values in CM Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight -> Edit Other levels?

If you ask me, setting screen brightness levels for 1, 2, 8, 10 (figures I got wondering around my house) makes more sense than trying to work out where I should change my screen brightness when dealing with multi-thousand figures?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest gomes29

hi, I recently flashed the latest sej build (n257+) but my proximity sensor is broken. I did 'restore proximity defaults' then reboot and when I'm going to calibrate the proximity sensor it gives an error like 'something went wrong.Aborting'... I read something about manually change the proximity values but I dont really know for what values I need to change... someone help me pls

Guest ritterkeks

on burstlams 7.2.0-RC0-KANG

also high sensor usage: kamera, goggles and maps...

and each one shows a total time of: 1h 31m 51s

coincidence? I don't think so...

Right. Camera and gallery 2 h 15 mins, android system 2 h 27 mins. Time spent without sleeping 9 h.

Guest The_Duck

The duck said less than 160. Downloader says his is 160, which doesn't contradict the duck.. So I'm not sure if Downloader and Dean are agreeing with the duck, whilst sounding like disagreeing - or actually disagreeing and typo'd? :S

Thanks to Amphoras and yourself, targetbsp, for rushing to my defence !!

My belief is that the smaller partition size causes some large market downloads to not complete and application of gapps.zip files to APPEAR to complete but miss some things out.

Anyone know how to suggest better error handling in Clockwork such that it displays an error if it cannot unpack all the apk's in a zip ?

Duck

Guest targetbsp

At this rate going to have to dump cm dialler sensor being stuck is eating battery

It always does that doesn't it? But doesn't actually use the battery. I seem to recall it being a suspect back when making a call did cause battery drain and then turning out it was harmless? Not hurting my battery anyway. I've been off charge 6 and a half hours with the phone running 25 minutes and still on 94% battery with over 3 hours of sensor use due to the dialler.

said before i had 0 problems with sej's 24Oct build

well, i have one.. possibly hardware fault, but light sensor doesn't work on a gen1 (upgraded) white blade. always says -1 in the levels setup screen.

any ideas please?

Guest targetbsp

said before i had 0 problems with sej's 24Oct build

well, i have one.. possibly hardware fault, but light sensor doesn't work on a gen1 (upgraded) white blade. always says -1 in the levels setup screen.

any ideas please?

If you run your finger over the sensor then it will wake up on that screen. Does for me anyway.