[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

nightlies build system is stucked again? who has fixed it last time, TomG?

Yeah, clicking around random phones though, none of them have built the past few days.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Yeah, clicking around random phones though, none of them have built the past few days.

Hopefully because they are just focusing on Cm9 now, I don't have any issues with the self builds personally, and others don't seem to be having too many either :)

Hopefully because they are just focusing on Cm9 now, I don't have any issues with the self builds personally, and others don't seem to be having too many either :)

And after the latest nightly there haven't been that many changes, and zero blade specific. If people like flashing just for flashing, sej's latest is the way to go.

I don't remember who it was that had problems calibrating proximity, but I also just got a "Something went wrong, aborting" when trying to calibrate it with the latest kernel from gerrit. This happened only in direct sun. Casting a shadow over the sensor (but not covering it!) gave values that are working right. This was the first time I tried calibrating in direct full sunlight, so I'm not sure whether it would've happened with the current kernel in official nightlies?

Guest targetbsp

And after the latest nightly there haven't been that many changes, and zero blade specific. If people like flashing just for flashing, sej's latest is the way to go.

I don't remember who it was that had problems calibrating proximity, but I also just got a "Something went wrong, aborting" when trying to calibrate it with the latest kernel from gerrit. This happened only in direct sun. Casting a shadow over the sensor (but not covering it!) gave values that are working right. This was the first time I tried calibrating in direct full sunlight, so I'm not sure whether it would've happened with the current kernel in official nightlies?

Mine has never calibrated in sunlight without error, so that's not new to his version. But I think he'd tried it indoors - if I'm thinking of the same person.

Edited by targetbsp

Mine has never calibrated in sunlight without error, so that's not new to his version. But I think he'd tried it indoors - if I'm thinking of the same person.

I think there's only been that one person reporting it, so I think we're talking about the same guy. Did you ever get an error on the screen or were the values just unusable? I'll have to wait for tomorrow for a logcat (if Tom wants it?), sun's almost gone by now.. and it's not even 2pm.

Guest targetbsp

In sunlight, in the GB kernel we've had in the nightlies for ages, I got that error message - te something went wrong aborting one. It's always worked for me inside though. I haven;t been able to test the new kernel in sunlight cause we don't have any. :(

Guest Carbonize

Anyone happen to know the official MD5?

Pity sej doesn't record this somewhere - we could be installing anything on our phones using Multiupload?

TIA

You could be installing anything by installing any ROM not compiled by your manufacturer or the CM build bot so that's a pretty stupid thing to be saying.

Anyway going off the version I have on my SD the hash is da23404b0060a74913e3dd90b5ad8ec1 but hey, I might be the one that uploaded the file to Multiupload and maybe I tampered with it to send me all your data so I could just be lying about this being the hash for Sej's last build.

Guest sej7278

Anyone happen to know the official MD5?

Pity sej doesn't record this somewhere - we could be installing anything on our phones using Multiupload?

8b2e1eca4b77af708c9b72cf6d833f12  update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-n257plus-signed.zip

da23404b0060a74913e3dd90b5ad8ec1  update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-n257plus2-signed.zip

8b2e1eca4b77af708c9b72cf6d833f12  update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-n257plus-signed.zip

da23404b0060a74913e3dd90b5ad8ec1  update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-n257plus2-signed.zip

I'm having a weird problem, phone's not properly sleeping. If I press home or back key it always wakes. I even tried 7.2.0 Kang, but it occurs the same. What can possible be happening?

Thanks in advance.

I'm having a weird problem, phone's not properly sleeping. If I press home or back key it always wakes. I even tried 7.2.0 Kang, but it occurs the same. What can possible be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Look into Spare parts > Battery history and change "Other usage" to "Partial wake usage" and see if there's an app that's keeping a wakelock. Did you restore anything after flashing or is it a clean install with fresh apps from market?

Look into Spare parts > Battery history and change "Other usage" to "Partial wake usage" and see if there's an app that's keeping a wakelock. Did you restore anything after flashing or is it a clean install with fresh apps from market?

Thanks for the fast answer.

It shows 5 options: Dialer; Android System; 3G Watchdog; Handcent SMS, Google Services.

In the upgrade to Kang I didn't do a full wipe. In the previous rom (n251) worked always fine, it suddenly started happening. I remember doing an upgrade to 3G Watchdog and Handcent SMS.

I have background data disabled.

Guest targetbsp

If any of the bars in Spare Parts are long, that's where your problem lies. You can also click each entry to get the exact time it kept your phone awake for.

If any of the bars in Spare Parts are long, that's where your problem lies. You can also click each entry to get the exact time it kept your phone awake for.

Thanks.

It shows 5s in Dialer, Android System and 3G Watchdog; 2s in Handcent SMS and 0s in Google Services.

Guest targetbsp

Not any of those then. Lately people have been recommending a different app to check for apps causing wakelocks but I dunno off the top of my head what it is. Hopefully someone will be along with another recommendation soon! The rom itself is fine. :)

Not any of those then. Lately people have been recommending a different app to check for apps causing wakelocks but I dunno off the top of my head what it is. Hopefully someone will be along with another recommendation soon! The rom itself is fine. :)

Thank you for the help :)

Guest jenjenx

Guys hope you can lend me a hand :)

I'm currently on 7.1 RC1 (gen2 blade) and want to flash 7.1 stable release.

Sorry I've been away from this scene for some time.

Can I simply flash this over my current rom through clockwork? Do I need to wipe or reset anything? Any new adjustments or methods I need to know of?

Thanks guys!

jen

Guest Rooster#1

Guys hope you can lend me a hand :)

I'm currently on 7.1 RC1 (gen2 blade) and want to flash 7.1 stable release.

Sorry I've been away from this scene for some time.

Can I simply flash this over my current rom through clockwork? Do I need to wipe or reset anything? Any new adjustments or methods I need to know of?

Thanks guys!

jen

I tried RC1 yesterday, and it bricked my phone... so I simply ran a 7.1 backup from clockwork - I lost a few apps, but im now working again.

So YES you just run it from clockwork.... easiest way is to do it via ROMmanager if you have that installed...